Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Easter Eggs and The Skulls

Okay, this topic is mainly about the many Easter Eggs found throughout the games of Halo: Combat Evolved,

and Halo 2. This topic makes the assumption that the reader (you) has played through most of the game, is able

to handle Legendary, and does not mind spoilers (if any occur). Since Bungie is rather famous for their hidden

Easter Eggs in various games, this is going to be a rather long topic. I will post what I finished thus far, and will

edit the post as I finish more of the list.

Now... Moving on...

Table of Contents

-Easter Eggs

-What are those?

-Location of Eggs, and Some Background on Them

-The Skulls

-...Skulls?

-What do they do?

-The Effects/Locations/Difficulty Settings

-Rumors, Debates, Etc...

-Credits

Okay, let's start with the Easter Eggs that Bungie has hidden throughout the first Halo. Oh, and from now on, I shall be separating the sections by a series of dashes like so: -------

---------

Easter Eggs

So, some of you already know what easter eggs are, and some of you who are new to gaming are probably

wondering what they are. Easter Eggs are basically hidden goodies that are put into the game by the

developers as a sort of bonus for those that pay close attention to their surroundings, or explore a lot.

Some eggs in Halo can be considered 'in-jokes' that the developers put in just for fun, or they can be there

as an incentive to others to keep searching for more things, or they can also be there as a reward for finding

it. Also, many of them can be a little... strange...

Now, starting with the first Halo, there are quite a few eggs that can be found, and I'll list where they are,

how to get to them, what's the point of it, and any sort of reason behind WHY the devs put it in.

---------

EASTER EGGS - Halo: CE

1.) Hidden Soundtrack in Assault on the Control Room

This hidden soundtrack is found on the 5th level of Halo, Assault on the Control Room. It is a track that

was used in one of Bungie's earlier games, called 'Myth'. It's a rather sad, melancholy piano solo.

The way to get to this egg, however, is not easy, since it requires a lot of trial and error. The best way is to

progress through the level as you normally would, and when you reach the area where there is an unmanned

Scorpion tank, and some Marines fighting off some Covenant, make sure you grab a rocket launcher, since

it's needed for something up ahead. Continue on until you reach the frozen lake with the Wraith sitting on it.

Take out the 2 or 3 Ghosts and the Wraith, and let the Marines mop up the foot soldiers. At this point, DO NOT

cross the lake, stop before it, climb out, turn 180 degrees and look straight up. You will see an overhang that

has a Banshee hidden on the ledge. This is the part that needs the rockets. Pull out your launcher, aim a

bit to the left of the metal beam that is supporting the underside of the platform, and fire. If the Banshee doesn't

come down, then readjust yourself and try again. The Banshee doesn't take damage so long as there is no one

in it.

Now that you have a Banshee, pilot it through the rest of the level. When you reach the structure that opens

into the Control Room, look up a little at the structure. There should be 3 braces that support the main spire,

you want to go to the middle one. Climb out of the Banshee and head to the right side of the brace (when facing

the wall). (ex: http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/aotcr.walkway.jpg )

You need to stand there for about 1.5 seconds before you hear the music play. If you are still lost, use this

for a reference... http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/madrigal.mov

---------

2.) SPARTAN Armor Specs Sheet

Ever wondered what that tiny, unreadable text on the multiplayer screen says? Well, people from halo.bungie.org

have managed to show us what it says! http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/g...es.finished.gif

For those that are too lazy to check, starting from the top and working clockwise, it says this:

-U.V. Protectant Sun Visor For Protection From Elements

-All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-Action/Reload One-Way Flexible Joint System

-Directional Lock Mjolnir Cyborg Dealer Parts (Unknown Text... Graphics Only?)

-Hydraulic Suspension Thigh Pads with Cool Kevlar Crap

-Sometimes I Give Myself The Creeps, Sometimes My Mind Plays Tricks On Me

-*Same Text As First*

---------

3.) Chinese Characters on the M6D

On the M6D in Halo: CE, there are a couple of chinese characters that are easy to miss. One being on the top

of the barrel, and the other is on the back end of the barrel.

Top Character "7" (http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/shichi.jpg)

Rear Character "Power" (http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/pistolpower.jpg)

---------

4.) The Bloody 'Megg'

This easter egg is found on the Pillar of Autumn, the first level. It's supposed to be a gift from one of the game

designers to his girlfriend. To get to the egg, you need to progress to the point where you meet Cpt. Keyes, and

receive the pistol. Go to the first checkpoint, where the pistol gets auto-loaded for you, then run back to Keyes.

Shoot him... I'm serious, shoot him, and Cortana will call in invincible Marines to kill you, stating that you have

gone 'rampant'. Get to the door that opens up to let the Marines out, and run in the moment it opens. If you do it

correctly, turn on your in-game flashlight, and look at the roof. You should see a bloody heart-shaped spatter, with

an 'M' in it, made from bullet holes. (http://halosm.bungie.org/misc/snmegg/images/The_Megg_still.jpg)

Even though this game has been out for a long while, no one really knows WHY it was put into the game, since

it was put in when the particular designer was on the team, and not taken out when he left shortly thereafter.

---------

5.) The Food Nipple Grunt

This... intresting... easter egg is found on the level 'The Maw'. It was put in just for fun, since some people like

to explore even when there's a timer ticking down to your 100 million degree doom... Anyway, it can be found in

a hallway after seeing Foehammer getting shot down. The particular hallway it's in, is in at area where your distance

tracker registers at 915 meters. When you reach this hallway, proceed about halfway though it, and climb out of

the Warthog. There is a short dead-end tunnel off to your right, and it's filled with dead bodies, and one Spec-Ops

Grunt at the end of it. It won't attack you or anything, and will still react like normal if attacked ('witty remarks'...)

and what he says, however, is hilarious... I'll let you hear it for yourself...

(http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/foodnipplegrunt.mov)

---------

6.) REX

This is a well hidden easter egg, because usually by the time you get to it, you have less than a minute left, depending

on how fast you are getting there. It can be found after you watch as Foehammer goes down. Continue the level as

usual until you reach the large jump that drops you a few stories onto another ramp below. There is a sort of bridge

over the ramp you go through, with doors to either side. If you prop the Warthog on the far edge, CAREFULLY, you

should be able to jump onto the structure and walk along the 'bridge'. When you get there, look to the left-hand room,

with respect to the way your walking. You will see a wall that has been written on with blood by Mr. Tyson Green, a.k.a.

'Rex', one of Bungie's top level designers. While you're there, check the opposite wall, there is what seems to be random

blood spatters, but some say it looks like a picture of something...

(http://nikon.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs/rexstill.jpg)

---------

Halo 2 Easter Eggs

Now, moving into Halo 2's easter egg line-up... I didn't even get to the skulls yet! So this may require two posts, rather

than one post, as I had hoped... Ah, well...

1.) Sarge's Cigar

Apparently, the good ol' Sarge is a litter bug, since this little egg just so happens to BE one of his cigars. It can be

found in the level 'Armory'. Right before you follow Sarge into the tram, where he starts talking about how he "hasn't

been home in years.", there is a trash can off to the right, hidden slightly by a potted plant, so it's easy to miss when

you run by. If you run into the can over and over, to nudge it aside, you can eventually see one of Sarge's cigars,

carelessly discarded. Also, one can be seen on the level 'Outskirts', right after you reach Hotel Zanzibar, you will

run into two Marines pinned down by some Grunts and an Elite. There is a small room behind the counter the Marines

were using for cover, and in there, is a large, cylinder-shaped medical supplies container. Behind that, is another of

Sarge's cigars.

Sorry about the long delay (too long) but I had lent my H2 Hacks book to Viper... Eh heh...

So, if anything, I SHOULD be able to continue soon, since he wants to borrow it again... >.<

Edited by Glaive

I found a skull in one of the first levels I picked it up and threw it .. there goes my fun.. But anyway I think the creaters were bored and made these.