Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Comic Themed Sigs...

I had made a few sigs back in the day and I figured, I would share them with you all. If you have input, by all means. Be constructive, I could use improvements. If you would like a signature and Avi set, just ask.

----------------

venom22.pngvenom22.jpg

avi3.pngtheshow2.jpg

showavi.jpgtheshow1.jpg

------------------

your backgrounds dont go with your renders at all

your backgrounds dont go with your renders at all

Would you like to reccomend some sort of picture that may do the trick? Perhaps imply a certain color? Maybe you were just about to tell me that the general idea of the sigs were good/bad....

I hope so, because I did mention constructive.

comic drawings go with comic backgrounds. whorebrushing a bg and then putting a comic themed render on top doesnt really fit up with that.

comic drawings go with comic backgrounds. whorebrushing a bg and then putting a comic themed render on top doesnt really fit up with that.

Here is how this works...

If you believe the backgrounds to not fit with the comic theme you say things such as...

• "Maybe if the background was black and white."
  • "You should try blurring the background."
  • "Remove the background period."

While these arent what should be done with the pictures, it is a step forward. I can use the suggestions you gave me, to improve.

Would you like to try again?

Edited by Stark

Dont tell me how it works, ive been doing this for 6 years.

if i dont think it fits with the comic theme (something you should have seen yourself and shouldnt have needed me to tell you) i'll say whatever the hell i want as long as its valid, which it is. I shouldnt have to guide you through the entire sig making process, you need to learn how to make those connections for yourself.

Would you like to try making a sig again?

Edited by Div

well if hes gonna tell me what i should say then he might aswell critique himself.

I made a valid point in my comment, its not my job to fix his sig for him.

ok div.

now for my critique...

instead of using abstract brushes to make your background, make like the background look like its a page of a comic.

Dont tell me how it works, ive been doing this for 6 years.

if i dont think it fits with the comic theme (something you should have seen yourself and shouldnt have needed me to tell you) i'll say whatever the hell i want as long as its valid, which it is. I shouldnt have to guide you through the entire sig making process, you need to learn how to make those connections for yourself.

Would you like to try making a sig again?

So far you've given no material to benefit him, and make it better.

Again, he isntructed you how to reply to a gfx thread like a normal person, and you shatter it by again, sending a narrow minded rebuttle.

You're stubborn.

So one day, you decide you want to paint for a living...

You paint a picture you thought was pretty good, but you knew was not the best. In an attempt to get constructive criticism you display it and allow others to tell you what you could do to improve. One guy however, stands above all else and simply says "That painting sucks ass." When asked to explain what he would do to make it better, he simply says, "I dont have anything constructive." The people will ask, "Then why did you come here. This display was meant to help a future artist."

The point of this fictional story was to ask, If you dont have anything to help my skill, after reading the first post that explained that I needed "constructive" criticism, what made you think it was a smart idea to post here?

Edited by Stark

I painted a picture i thought was pretty good, but i knew it was not the best. In an attempt to get constructive criticism i display it and allow others to tell me what i could do to improve. One guy however, stands abover all else and simply says "The figure you portray in your painting does not match up with the background you have created for him." Looking back at my work, i realise my mistake, and i take up my brush and my acrylics and set out to fix the problem.

The End.

I painted a picture i thought was pretty good, but i knew it was not the best. In an attempt to get constructive criticism i display it and allow others to tell me what i could do to improve. One guy however, stands abover all else and simply says "The figure you portray in your painting does not match up with the background you have created for him." Looking back at my work, i realise my mistake, and i take up my brush and my acrylics and set out to fix the problem.

The End.

You didn't answer my question. But I will let that one go.

Now that you have made my point, would you like to tell me what kind of colors you would reccomend? How many times do I have to ask? Sheesh, why is it so hard to get an answer out of you? It is obvious you think I did something wrong. You are too busy pretending to be better than everyone to actually answer me. Maybe when you get done kissing your own ass, we can talk. You are pretty good at this stuff, I figured you could pass some skill over.

:) You even copied my italics. I must be getting to you.

Edited by Stark

1. Z has my back, i have his, i dont have the time nor the patience to write out complex CnC anymore, i just got home from a TKD Demo in which i almost took off my friends foot ok? Im easily stressed, and im tired of helping ppl that dont return the favor, Z on the other hand, will return the favor, therefore i have no problem helping him out. I'll admit, i take first impressions WAY to far and will judge you by a combination of your specific first words and your first tag the entire time i know you.

2. On the reccomendations and that stuff, i may make a suggestion but it will stay vague, and on the rest i only point things out. I want YOU to figure out what needs to be done, if i tell you what to do, then its basically my sig, its like a photographer setting everything up and then asking his friend to click the button and his friend getting the credit.

3. This is basically just a sidenote to 2, but please read Z's reply to my post, that is exactly EXACTLY what i want to see everyone do after one of my posts, its my god damn mission statement. I use negative words for a reason, and if you fight through them and adapt as best you can then i will help you, if you pussy out like SO many have before... Your basically dead to me.

4. (My lil explanation) I was mentored by David Faux, hes put 40+ kids into PennState each in 2 phonecalls tops, they completely trust his recommendations, Why? Because hes the best. He wanted me to be the best, i want you to be the best, i want you to work for it, i want you to build moral strength aswell as your digital skills, trust me ive been doing this forever, the deadlines are a bitch, all your great ideas eventually run out, and you have to stick some bullshit rappers name on your best work just so you can get paid. It sucks, but the pay is great, and i wouldnt give it up for the world. So please people, before you freak out and start trying to outwit me and all the good stuff, take some insight as to why i say what i say. As i've said before, I choose my words carefully.

1. Z has my back, i have his, i dont have the time nor the patience to write out complex CnC anymore, i just got home from a TKD Demo in which i almost took off my friends foot ok? Im easily stressed, and im tired of helping ppl that dont return the favor, Z on the other hand, will return the favor, therefore i have no problem helping him out. I'll admit, i take first impressions WAY to far and will judge you by a combination of your specific first words and your first tag the entire time i know you.

2. On the reccomendations and that stuff, i may make a suggestion but it will stay vague, and on the rest i only point things out. I want YOU to figure out what needs to be done, if i tell you what to do, then its basically my sig, its like a photographer setting everything up and then asking his friend to click the button and his friend getting the credit.

3. This is basically just a sidenote to 2, but please read Z's reply to my post, that is exactly EXACTLY what i want to see everyone do after one of my posts, its my god damn mission statement. I use negative words for a reason, and if you fight through them and adapt as best you can then i will help you, if you pussy out like SO many have before... Your basically dead to me.

4. (My lil explanation) I was mentored by David Faux, hes put 40+ kids into PennState each in 2 phonecalls tops, they completely trust his recommendations, Why? Because hes the best. He wanted me to be the best, i want you to be the best, i want you to work for it, i want you to build moral strength aswell as your digital skills, trust me ive been doing this forever, the deadlines are a bitch, all your great ideas eventually run out, and you have to stick some bullshit rappers name on your best work just so you can get paid. It sucks, but the pay is great, and i wouldnt give it up for the world. So please people, before you freak out and start trying to outwit me and all the good stuff, take some insight as to why i say what i say. As i've said before, I choose my words carefully.

We don't need an explanation of your life story.

If you can give constructive criticism, then don't reply to the thread at all.

Does this not make sense to you?

i didnt do it for the hell of it. If you cant see the point in my words you shouldnt reply to them in the first place.

i didnt do it for the hell of it. If you cant see the point in my words you shouldnt reply to them in the first place.

That's redundant. You had no reason to post that to begin with.

Try again, and rephrase.

[EDIT] Double standard also.

Edited by Sgt. Snoo Snoo

:P You are a weird one. With all of the brainpower you used to try and out talk me and impress me, you could have used one sentance to explain what the sigs needed.

Instead, you prefer to think you have to tell me hundreds of things I didn't ask for. If your goal was to show me you are good, I allready stated I knew you were good, so that goes out of the window.

Listen, it sounds like you are having a hard time reccomending something, someone must have hurt you in your childhood, so I wont pressure you, if it makes you uncomfortable. Obviously you can only degrade someones work, and I wont attack you for it. It doesnt sound like its your fault.

I am sorry you have been hurt in your past. But for the sake of a useless argument in which you are going to try and impress me, don't. Anytime you see my topics, simply ignore them. I actually require intellegent comments on my work. :P

This cracks me up everytime I read it. :grin:

Did you think showing me your resume would win you this argument? rofl

:P You are a weird one. With all of the brainpower you used to try and out talk me and impress me, you could have used one sentance to explain what the sigs needed.

Instead, you prefer to think you have to tell me hundreds of things I didn't ask for. If your goal was to show me you are good, I allready stated I knew you were good, so that goes out of the window.

Listen, it sounds like you are having a hard time reccomending something, someone must have hurt you in your childhood, so I wont pressure you, if it makes you uncomfortable. Obviously you can only degrade someones work, and I wont attack you for it. It doesnt sound like its your fault.

I am sorry you have been hurt in your past. But for the sake of a useless argument in which you are going to try and impress me, don't. Anytime you see my topics, simply ignore them. I actually require intellegent comments on my work. :P

This cracks me up everytime I read it. :grin:

Did you think showing me your resume would win you this argument? rofl

LOL

That's a wrap. The game is done.

OMG LOOK, IT COMES DOWN TO 2 THINGS

ME POINTING OUT YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES AND YOU FIXING THEM, THE END

if you took the time to actually read what i wrote and take it for what it is, its clear that the point is im not going to do your fucking sig for you but i will help you by pointing things out

im not speaking myself up and im not being an asshole, its not my fault you cant take help from some1 if they don't cover it in fucking rose petals.

Edited by Div

lets watch the language here. try not to rag on div if he helps people but not in the nicest way, and div try to be nicer and more constructive.

OMG LOOK, IT COMES DOWN TO 2 THINGS

ME POINTING OUT YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES AND YOU FIXING THEM, THE END

if you took the time to actually read what i wrote and take it for what it is, its clear that the point is im not going to do your fucking sig for you but i will help you by pointing things out

im not speaking myself up and im not being an asshole, its not my fault you cant take help from some1 if they don't cover it in fucking rose petals.

Poply said it.

You're repeating yourself, and right now, I'm here to let you know that you're not the final judgement. People may not be as experienced as you, but that gives you no right to demand what should be changed.

Instead, dumb it down for our inexperienced users. How's that sound? If it doesn't work for you, then don't fucking post, otherwise, you'll have me bitching at you about the same thing.

It's a simple god damn solution.

DOES THIS NOT MAKE SENSE TO YOU?

lets watch the language here. try not to rag on div if he helps people but not in the nicest way, and div try to be nicer and more constructive.

See? Poply spotted it. Now as I said Div, if you don't understand how to be constructive to help me out, don't talk here. :)

lol div sounds like a little bitch behind a keyboard.....

anyways if i still had my mod... Id remake this topic. But i dont so you should just make a new one. Sorry about div all he ever does is do what he did in his last few posts.