Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Hold your pee for a wii?

I was just listening to the radio, and some mother of three kids died becuase she was in line trying to get a wii for her kids drinking water. Apparently she died from drinking too much water and not taking a piss.

Quote "Who dies from drinking water? And for a Wii? Now people are dieing for a Wii and getting shot for a PS3, just go get your kid an atari"

:P Hah, wow.

Omg...some people are so stupid...

Dying just to get a damned video game console?

pathetic...

Yeah I read about it in the Newspaper. She was competeing in a Contest for a Radio show...She was so foolish to think that she can drink that much water without going to bathroom. The radio show will probably get sued for that...

Heres the article!

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. "She was crying, and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

It was not immediately known how much water Strange consumed.

A preliminary investigation found evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death," said assistant Coroner Ed Smith.

John Geary, vice president and marketing manager for Entercom Sacramento, the station's owner, said station personnel were stunned when they heard of Strange's death.

"We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred," he said.

Initially, contestants were handed 8-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

"They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy," said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. "They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk."

Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. "My bladder couldn't handle it anymore," he added.

After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for her kids."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Yeah, thats the radio i'm listening to right now. :P

www.kwin.com

Yeah I read about it in the Newspaper. She was competeing in a Contest for a Radio show...She was so foolish to think that she can drink that much water without going to bathroom. The radio show will probably get sued for that...

Heres the article!

they cant sue, she signed a waiver stating they're not liable for anything that happens to her. now i dunno why do would even have a waiver for this contest....its a sick world...

Well I didn't read that she signed a waiver. I just don't even know why you would have a contest like that. I mean that can seriously harm your health even if you don't die.

They just had a doctor on the radio, he said nto to drink more than 8 glass's and the lady had 3 QURTS at once, and he said that 2 quarts the body starts to break down all the salt, and the blood vesles expand and then pop in side your head. They said she was complaining that he head was hurting on the way home. He said not to drink more than 16 ounces of water at a time.

Wow..

You ever drink a ton of water after playing basketball or something? I mean your stomach can feel like crap for a little while...all that sloshing around? I don't know how she lasted that long.

This jsut proves more that the Wii is crap then...

If its so good that people would go to such lengths to get one...

People should stick to selling them...

LOL stupid ppl are fuckin hilarious

They only cost 250$ lol

I mean if you are going to do a contest like that for a car, or a Big Screen....

they cant sue, she signed a waiver stating they're not liable for anything that happens to her. now i dunno why do would even have a waiver for this contest....its a sick world...

in the case some idiot decides to put their life in danger over a video game console.

Yeah it does sound crazy. But remember the lady who got millions because she spilled a hot cup of coffee on herself?

the lady who got millions for spilling hot coffee on herself wasn't dead.

Edited by Div

I realize that, and she still got millions for it. So I figure major lawsuits are going to insue due to this tragic death.

She died trying to win something for her children not for her even though it was a game console, shes going to heaven for caring and you guys are gonna rot in hell, ce ya there.

i doubt they can do much if she did sign something. i even read that they said if you needed to go, then go and dont put your health at risk.

She died trying to win something for her children not for her even though it was a game console, shes going to heaven for caring and you guys are gonna rot in hell, ce ya there.

what religion are you referring to?

although... i would pay money to see john edward (one of those ppl with the talk shows where they "talk" to the dead) walk into a lawyers office "my body is currently in the possession of Jennifer Strange. I WISH TO PERSECUTE KDND 107.9 ON GROUNDS OF MURDER, I WISH ALL COSTS FROM THE CASE AND YOUR SERVICES TO BE PAID BY MY FAMILY, I WISH ALL PROFITS FROM THE CASE TO BE GIVEN TO ME-ERRRR JOHN EDWARD."

Edited by Div

No relgion poply thats just common sense in the real world.

No relgion poply thats just common sense in the real world.

well i don't mean to go off topic but in the real world people making conclusions with rational thinking and facts backed up with evidence. you're basically saying that anyone who doesn't believe in your way of thinking has no common sense which many people would take great offense to. a christian for example would disagree with you saying that god forgives all and anyone who believes jesus christ is their savior will go to heaven.

No God doesnt forgive ppl on Ghoztcraft especially not you poply ><

guys GTFO or go on topic, atleast poply mentioned it, 2nd off all never talk about god you fucking fucker

and now back on topic

rofl rofl SHE DIDNT TAKE A PEE SO SHE DIDNT GET A WII

haha yea so apparently they canceled the show that had this contest on it and fire the 10 people that worked for it. Serves em right.. i guess.

AND the family of mrs strange is saying they are having trouble paying for the funeral.

AND they got a lawyer and theyre suing the station for "pushing an irresponsible, ill-advised contest."