Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

red alert 2:yuri's revenge not installing

Red alert 2's expansion isnt installing. It says that red alert 2 isnt installed but it is. It used to work on this machine. But 2 months ago I uninstalled it and i have tried reinstalling RA2 about 4 times with no success. I am starting to think its a lost cause. The autorun wants me to install it again but RA2 works fine if i run it from it's default directory whitch is C:\Westwood\RA2 on its 2nd attempt. But i keep my games at C(or D):\Games\ if thats any help. Based on a working install at a friends house there is nothing of interest in the registry.

Whats the error, are there anything we have to go off of?

Whats preventing it from installing it, there must be something, does it just close?

post-3166-1169416129_thumb.jpgHere is a screenshot of the error. I have looked on the games disc but there is no alternative installer. Edited by C405129

It appears that this is the second game, or expansion ro the first. So you need to install the first game first. if you don't have it, then this means that you need to go buy and install the first game before you can install this one.

the 1st game is installed. it used to work. the auto for the origonal game also shows it as "install" but it works if i run it from the .exe. and it is an old game. i havent seen it in game shops for ages.

EDIT: i am starting to think it is a lost cause.

Edited by C405129

re dl the frist or maybe both ??

nope didnt work. i might have another look at the registry later.