Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts on this Laptop graphics cards

256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400

It was one of the higher end one dell was offering for the Laptop that i got through them.

Im not looking to know if you think dell sucks or not. Just a general consensus of this card.

Would this play most games on steam at decent settings? I mostly play only Steam games anyhow. I mean i didn't get this laptop for gaming I got it because it was one of my excuses for not going back to school. and now i don't have the excuse. So Mostly it's gonna be for school but if steam and it's games run on it thats a nice bonus.

256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400

It was one of the higher end one dell was offering for the Laptop that i got through them.

Im not looking to know if you think dell sucks or not. Just a general consensus of this card.

Would this play most games on steam at decent settings? I mostly play only Steam games anyhow. I mean i didn't get this laptop for gaming I got it because it was one of my excuses for not going back to school. and now i don't have the excuse. So Mostly it's gonna be for school but if steam and it's games run on it thats a nice bonus.

what game r u planning to play on this laptop. and i geuss it would play decent meh also i didnt see the comp and dell < HP i say

hmm i have a 128 (i think) fx card thats old as hell and i can play steam games fine *except halflife 2 :\* so i'm guessing that would be fine

Thats what i thought. But i just wasn't sure.

I have all the other necessary Requirements.

80gb Hard Drive.

2.0GHZ Processor...Which is more powerful then my desktop.

2GB DDR2 Ram.

maybe this will help a little? i don't know enough about video cards to accurately say whether this video card would be able to run the source engine on relatively high settings.

Looks really good, I wouldn't play any high demanding graphics game for a Real long time period, because I'm pretty sure with it's specs, it would get pretty hot. Looks Really Good though.

That's a very nice card. The Radeon X series above the X800 is superb. I run on an X800, and it's good for playing WoW and BF2.

Trust me guy, it runs on it own processor.

You can play all the steam games running on high settings which is pretty good. But there is no need to put it on high settings. WellI have ATI Radeon 9250 which is pretty old and it can atleast run hl2 and cs source around 30 fps. I suggest that this card is pretty good because it has a 3.0 shader model and it can run the latest game.

maybe this will help a little? i don't know enough about video cards to accurately say whether this video card would be able to run the source engine on relatively high settings.

LOL totally forgot to put the link http://www.gamespot.com/features/6153327/index.html

meh i look it up and ya that is a kick ass lap top even sgt said if u can play wow on it then it should be good to go

I suggest you search for the Radeon Omega drivers. They come with an overdrive button, and extended overclocking for the card in specific. It's good times, dewd.