Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Help pliz....

ok well, i been having problems lately with sc, i can load to the main screen but when i play on bnet it like freezes, i no its not my disk because i got 2 of them (Brood war). and i dont think its my hard drive because i can play wc3 just fine... any suggestions ???

btw i reinstalled sc

only thing i can recommend is to reinstall.

Can you describe what is occurring with more detail please?

"it like freezes" does that mean SC freezes, or u loose ur connection?

well ill be in middle of a game and it sounds my disk is skipping then like it freezes but it dose it to both disk (some times it just freezes) then i have to keep turning the disk and cleaning it to make it work again

it just recently it happened

Edited by Cripp(DA)

is ur cd scratched? did anything bad ever happen to the cd? you could try not using the cd and see if it solves ur problem.

Offtopic (sort of): I had a similar problem where my screen would come all blurry no matter what i was doing, watching anime, playing sc or w/e. it pissed me off so much i reformatted my drive and still had the problem. i finally fix it... it was the most obvious problem in the world.

Ontopic: you should try a no cd crack, if that doesn't work , there is a problem with ur comp, not sc.

check for scraches, see any?

is ur cd scratched? did anything bad ever happen to the cd? you could try not using the cd and see if it solves ur problem.

Offtopic (sort of): I had a similar problem where my screen would come all blurry no matter what i was doing, watching anime, playing sc or w/e. it pissed me off so much i reformatted my drive and still had the problem. i finally fix it... it was the most obvious problem in the world.

Ontopic: you should try a no cd crack, if that doesn't work , there is a problem with ur comp, not sc.

no cd cracks dont work any more

then why does mine work?

Edit: if u want to try mine, just tell me.

then why does mine work?

Edit: if u want to try mine, just tell me.

which do u have that works for 1.14 ?

nuthing extremed happened it has one or two scratches

and like i said earlyer i have 2 broodwar disk

thats fed up, machine some malware fed ur machine? Oh, and I use a 1.14 bnet loader, here is the readme

Starcraft BroodWar v1.14 BattleNET loader

- This is a universal CD Loader, you may have any version up to 1.14. Below are instructions on how to make the file work.

1. Move scloader.exe from this zip to your starcraft install dir. Rename this file to what you like.

2. Create a subfolder called "BW" in your starcraft install dir.

3. Copy install.exe found on your original starcraft cd to your starcraft install dir.

4. Copy install.exe found on your broodwar cd to this "BW" directory.

- Now start starcraft with scloader.exe (or w/e u renamed it to) and have fun! :]

You don't need the CDs and can play on BattleNET too if you installed Starcraft

using a valid BattleNet cd-key.

alright ill try also im running a virus scan i might have a virus fucking my drive up

( i think something is loose in my comp)

Man you people, you should ALL use Disc Images. It's is very reliable, and can never be patched. Plus, if you want to, you can burn the disc image onto a CD and it will behave like an exact copy of the Brood War disc. And if your Starcraft just freezes online, then I might recommend you reinstall. But since you said you've already reinstalled, I'd say that you should update your computer completely just in case.

naw its something loose in my comp cuz now none of my games r working ..... its my cdrom read and its loose or i need a new one

don't viruses just piss you off..... :(.

alright i geuss it something loose in my comp i have done ever thing i could ill have to open it and see if anythnig is loose

Yeah I have a no cd loader that works too and I would post it here but it's "warez" :) Bulls---

PM ME IF YOU WANT THE LINK TO IT!!!

Cripp, using a no cd loader might help.

thats exactly what I said... lol