Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Korean-Style

THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL

Note: All the moves in this guide will use the SWORD as the melee weapon.

Before starting K-Style, you should familiarize yourself with these basic K-Style moves:

Wall-Canceling

To do a Wall-Cancel, Stand perpindicular to a wall. Have melee active. Run at the wall, jump, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, repeat. This is a basic move to keeping yourself in the air.

Multiple-Wall Run

This is a harder move, due to the small angle-of-approach used for a wall-run. I've taken a picture of the proper angle of approach for a wall-run.

angleofapproach2wc.jpg

As you can see, you can't approach from a large span. So when doing this move, keep this angle in mind.

To do a Multiple Wall-Run, start a Wall run on a wall. When you near the end of the wall/run, jump off, slash, turn 180 degrees, dash at wall, and double-tap space bar. This is a tough move to get down. You can turn this into a continuous wall-run by not doing a 180 degree turn. I've taken replays of both to give you a better understanding of what to do.

Light Step

This will train your fingers for the half-step and flash-step. It's a pretty useless move, all it does it let you dash twice in midair.

To Light-Step, jump, dash, slash, and dash.

Butterfly-Step

A fundamental of swordfighting.

To Butterfly-Step, Jump, Dash, Slash, and Block right after the slash.

The Slash-Shot

Yeah, now you'll learn how to do the famed slash-shot =]

To Slash-Shot, Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change to a Gun, Gun will shoot.

Advanced K-Style

Now onto the advanced moves, these are what makes a K-Styler so good =]

Half-Step

Once you get this move down, chances are you wont use the Slash-Shot anymore.

To Half-Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Gun will shoot.

Eighth-Step

Apparently this is not the half-half, but it sure works hella better.

Another Variation of Half-Step, with 3 Dashes.

To Half-Half Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Jump, Dash, Gun will shoot.

Flash-Step

A Move that lets you slash twice in one jump. This is a very versatile move.

To Flash-Step: Jump, Slash, Change to gun, Change to melee, Slash

You can switch up this move by throwing in dashes and the such.

Unblockable Massive

An unblockable massive strike. Simply turn around 180* when you encounter a blocker with a massive strike. They will get hurt by the massive, but they will still be in block mode, so you must aim the feet.

"Instant-Kill"

The "Instant-Kill" is a move that uses the alternate swing of the sword to do. What you do is knock the enemy in the air, then aim at the apex of the knock, and fire. You can either then take this move separate ways:

Butterfly near landing point -> Knock Shoot near landing point -> Knock Knock and repeat.

Wall-Post

The Wall-Post is a move that I started to use. Basically a Wall-Post is a Half-Step off of a wall instead of the ground.

To Wall-Post: Jump, Dash at wall, Slash(HOLD), Jump, Change, Dash away from wall, Fire

Air-Reload

This can only be done in certain points of maps. It's basically sustaining yourself in the air while you reload, so you can keep yourself safe and/or get away at the same time, while reloading your gun.

Quickmedding

Quickmedding is a basic skill that allows you to drop meds twice as fast.

YOU MUST HAVE 2 SETS OF MEDS EQUIPPED FOR THIS TO WORK.

To Quickmed, keep running at a wall, ttake out the first set of meds, and drop it (HOLD DROP). Change to second set of meds, it will drop, then change back to first set, it will drop, then change to second set. Do this for how long you need to.

Slashmedding

A rarely-used move, but sometimes helpful. It's just like a slashshot, but with a MedKit/RepairKit in the hand. In this move, you hold Fire till you hit the ground, at which the medkit will drop. After this, you should light step over the medkit to ensure you picking the medkit up. Remember that the medkit will drop in the direction you are moving, so make sure to plan your pickup in the way the medkit is going to move to.

Equipment for K-Stylers

So, wondering about what equipment you should be carrying? There are many good combinations for K-Stylers, here are some below. I'm rating the combinations from 1 Star (*) up to 5 stars (*****) as I see it in my opinion.

Shotgun - Shotgun : The most common combination seen, and arguably the easiest to use, and most powerful. Shotguns do good damages at medium range, but when it comes to long-range fighting, you'll have to get closer to deal some damage. (*****)

Shotgun - Revolver : Another good combination. This gives you the ability to do damage at both long ranges and short ranges. (*****)

Revolver - Revolver : A tougher combination to use, since at closer ranges you will lose the ability for a spread hit and unconcentrated damage. Also, revolvers tend to be pretty accurate, and lag may become an issue on your accuracy. (***)

Shotgun - Rocket : Another good combination, although the rocket will not work at long ranges. (****)

Revolver - Rocket : Good damages at long range and short, although I'd prefer a shotty over a rocket anyday. (****)

Rocket - Rocket : A tough combination to use, but if used correctly can be very formidable. You lose any hope of damaging at long ranges, so any Rifle/Revolver users out there will tear Rocket/Rocket users up. (**)

Rifle - Shotgun : You now only have one "SS"-able weapon now, so you'll be going hybrid now. This is a very unexpected combo as most players don't expect a SG user to whip out a rifle at any given point. (****)

Rifle - Revolver : Meh. Another long-ranged base set, I'd prefer going Revolver/Revolver for the concentrated damages. (**)

Controls

Many newer and older K-Stylers are still trying to get in a comfortable stance on the keyboard to play K-Style. There is a right stance for every person, and it takes some time to get used to newer stances. There are 2 Basic Stances, If anyone has some that they would like me to add, please reply.

Default Stance

Using the games default controls. I use this, I've never had any problems. Many people say that reaching 1 2 and 3 is too hard for them, although I have to problems getting to them. Pinky on Shift, Thumb on Space, Ring for W A S 1, Middle for W S D 1 2 3, Pointer for W A S D 2 3 4 5. Fingers in this stance will change roles on certain keys a lot, Example: During a Flash step my middle and ring go up to 2 and 1 respectively, while my pointer dashes on WASD. Here's an image guide:

keyboard4up.jpg

QEF Stance

Changing 1,2 and 3 to Q, E, and F respectively. People with smaller hands will like this better than the Default Stance. This makes 4 and 5 hard to access, and makes slashmedding virtually useless.

keyboard23wf.jpg

Afterword

Yeah, you can now half-half and flash step combo like no other. But can you put all of the hard work and training to use in a real fight? Don't worry, many people have trouble at this step too. I hear that it's 10 times harder to use these moves effectively in-game. Why? I personally never experienced this myself, so I can't really say. All I can say though, is that there is a time to use every move, and a possible varied use for each move. Half-Half-Step can be used to reload; It can keep momentum up for the time you are reloading, an example of using this would be to give you enough momentum to bunny-hop into an alley for cover, while reloading. K-Style moves are not for just attacking, they can be used defensively too. To truly master this style, you must learn to transform the moves to your own preference.

Ummm, where is the good old Reverse Massive in sword fighting where you turn around 180 degrees and use the massive that way, and if the other player isn't using Sky Defense then you will hit through his normal def? :P

To truly master this style, you must learn to transform the moves to your own preference.

To truly master this style, you must learn to transform into a korean.

I know there's already one posted on a sticky, but this one has more techniques and moves. Once again, I would like to say I did not make this, credits go to 42ndsheep.

Table of Contents

---Intro

---Lingo/Terms

---Evasive/Movement Techniques

---Wall Fly

---Multi Wall Run

---Light Step

---Advanced Light Step

---Quickswitch Climb

---Flash Step

---Advanced Flashstep

---Combat Techniques

---Butterfly

---Quickslash

---Slashshot

---Half Step

---Half-Half Step

---Million Step

---Flash Shot

---Instakills

---Basic

---Juggling

---Multi-Uppercut

---Sword-Only

---R.I.P.

---Glitch Strike/Block System (by OMG_GODDESS)

---Footslash

---Backstrike (Glitch Strike)

---Skyblock (Glitch Block)

---Skybreaker

---Outro

Introduction

This guide is made just to outline the advanced techniques for you, so no weapon combinations or general fighting strategies. I'm calling these advanced techniques, but the style all-together is generally known as K-Style, standing for Korean Style, as the style originated on Korean Gunz. K-Style is all about moving fast, and offensively. Aim is important, but is perfected after you know the moves. Speed and variety are extremely important to think about. Don't worry though, all that just comes with practice.

And you are going to have to practice this style. I would say it would take someone about 2 weeks to be able to consistently do all these moves, and another week or two before you'll be using them effectively in combat. And then another few weeks to get srategy down :D. But that isn't all practice by yourself, you'll learn best playing in games (mainly Team Deathmatches, as they generally have more skilled players, better practice for you). For practicing, I would recommend you spend an hour or so in a private game practicing the basic moves, then taking them to a game to practice actually using them. Once you've incorperated the move into your play, move onto the next one. The moves are arranged in a rough order of least difficult to most difficult, so learn them in the order written.

One last thing. When you start learning k-style, you will do worse than you used to tumbling. But give it time, you'll get better, and you'll have much more fun playing the game. All it takes is some dedication and practice. Good luck, and have fun :-)

Lingo/Terms

BF/Bfly: Buttefly

SS: Slashshot

HS: Half Step

HHS: Half-Half Step

QS: Quarter Step (same as HHS) or Quickswitch or Quickslash

LS: Light Step

FS: Flash Step or Full Step

---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Techniques

Evasive/Movement

Basic

Wall Fly

wallflip --> slash* --> dash at wall --> repeat

*slash and wallflip happen at about the same once you are quick with this move.

This is likely one of the first advanced techs. you'll learn. It allows you to move up walls much faster than using the right click climb. It also allows you to move around maps such as Island and Dungeon with much more ease, speed, and danger of falling. To use, you wallflip, then slash, and dash back at the wall, to jump off and slash again. This move shouldn't take too long to master at all, just a bit of practice. Note that as you get better, speed up the wallfip/slash until they happen at the same time, or even until the slash actually comes just before the jump.

Multi Wall Run

(while wall running) jump off wall --> slash --> dash to wall at 45 degree angle --> jump twice

Let's you run on walls from the air, which can be very useful for getting around and evading people. Important things are to make sure you dash at the wall at the same angle you would for a normal wall run, and most importantly, make sure you're level vertically(as in you aren't looking up or down at all). Takes some practice, good luck :D

Light Step

jump --> dash --> slash --> dash

This is quite possibly the easiest advanced tech. there is. It isn't really all that useful in combat, although it isnt bad for moving around do dodge a few bullets. It also gets your finger used to moving a bit faster and sets you up for more useful moves like Flash Step. Once you're in the air though, light step becomes much more useful. Light stepping through the air (same movements, but no jump) let's you glide through the air, staying up for much longer. Very useful. Most useful moving side to side, or forward/backward to side.

Advanced Light Step

jump --> dash --> slash --> jump --> dash

At first this might seem like it would be slower and less useful than regular light step. You should only really start using this once you are moving pretty fast with light step, as with adv. light step you need to make your first dash pretty quick after your jump. This just lets you move a little quicker than light step and the jump can dodge a bullet or two. Also mixes things up a bit to make yourself less predictable. Takes a bit of practice to get the timing down right.

Advanced

QuickSwitch Climb

jump at wall --> jump off wall --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash at wall--> repeat

Once you've mastered wall fly, you should start working on this, which ends up being quite a bit faster than wall fly. It's the same for the first little bit of the move, but the switching to gun and back to sword can make things a little tricky. The point of switching is to end the slash early, so you can dash back at the wall sooner. Definitely worth practicing, much better than wall fly, but might take a while to get quick with. Note that the jump off wall, slash, and switching weapons all happens at the same sort of time. So start out doing each part seperately, but don't be afraid to jumble the steps together until you find the right timing.

Advanced Multi Wall Run --thanks to Shikihe for submitting the idea/combos

(while wall running) jump off wall --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash at wall at 45 degree angle --> jump twice

or

(while wall running) jump off wall --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash at wall --> jump twice

Advanced multi wall run has the same function as the basic multi wall run, except it's faster, and more versatile. It is a fair bit trickier though. The first combo is the same as a regular multi wall run, but the quickswitch after the slash makes you able to dash back at the wall faster, so you get where you need to be quicker. The second variation is if you need to move farther in the air (the wall you're transferring to is farther away). It's the same the first but with a flash step after the quickswitch. If you need to go even farther, just do more than one flashstep.

Flash Step

jump --> dash --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash

Flash step is the follow up to light step. It uses the same sort of system as quickswitch climb, so having quickswitch climb mastered before you start trying to flash step makes things much easier for you. All this move needs is practice and usage to teach yourself to hit everything in the right order and fast. Takes quite a bit of practice to get quick with, so don't worry if you're slow at first. This is, like light step, very useful for keeping yourself up in flight.

Advanced Flash Step

jump --> dash --> slash --switch to gun --> switch to sword --> jump --> dash --> land

The same deal here with flash step as there was with adv. light step. Basically just mixes things up. Unpredictability is your friend. Not sure what else to say here :P

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Combat

Basic

Butterfly

jump --> dash --> slash --> block

The butterfly, the only real sword-only technique out there. Very useful if you can master it, although it's pretty good slow. You're going to want to practice this quite a bit to get your speed and consistency up, to increase your killing power :D There are so many ways to use butterfly, and you can always come up with your own, but here's a few:

Circling: Rock solid butterfly tech. Move in circles around the enemy, always facing them. Dash only left or only right so you're always hitting them. If done fast the enemy can get stun-locked (can't move because of being stuck in the stunned animation).

Forward-Backward: Good against gunners, and everyone else, although if they have a sword it's easy for them to block and stun you. Butterfly towards the enemy, right into their face, then do a butterfly backwards, then forwards, then backwards, etc. Can also stunlock if done fast. Use this in combination with a side to side (forward - back - forward- left - right - back - repeat) to absolutely detroy someone who's stuck in a corner.

Front-Side: Works alright against some turtlers. Butterfly towards them, then to the side, then turn back towards them and butterfly forward again, and repeat.

Quickslash

jump --> dash --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword

Flash step without the second dash. Lets you slash a little faster but move a little slower. Sort of like an all offensive butterfly. Since there is no block though, you need to be careful using this against sword users, as you dont really have a defense against them. Gunners you can move around them fast enough to dodge most of their shots while scoring hits on them, and they can't block with their gun out. Learn this, even if you don't use it. It sets you up for Flash Step.

Swapshooting

shoot(hold) --> switch to second gun --> switch to first gun --> repeat

Awesome move, comes in handy a lot. The idea of the move is to get rid of delay on slow-shooting weapons like shotguns and rockets. For this to work, you need two high delay weapons (two shotguns, two rocket launchers, or a shotgun and a rocket launcher). The move itself is simple. You hold shoot, and without relasing it, simply switch between your two guns. You'll shoot much faster. The other use of this is to shoot more accurately with revolvers. Every shot, revolvers get less accurate (due to recoil), but switching weapons resets the accuracy. So if you have two pairs of revolvers, hold shoot and switch between them each shot. You'll shoot far more accurately.

Slashshot (sometimes referred to as Full Step)

jump --> dash --> slash (hold) --> switch to gun --> gun will shoot

The slashshot. Your first real k-style combat move. The idea of the slashshot is you can move at dashing speed and shoot at the same time. You'll be using this a lot once you get it down. You jump, dash, and slash, then switch to your gun. If you held slash, the gun will autoshoot. If you didn't you'll have to hit the left mouse button again. It's probably best to hold slash at first, as it ends up with less buttons to press. Once you've learned it properly, you can decide whether you want to keep holding or switch to not holding. If you hold, you shoot faster, and can concentrate on movement a bit more. IF you don't hold, you can have a bit better accuracy. It's all preference though, try them both out. Slashshooting in a left or right direction is far more effective than forward or backwards, as you're much harder to hit.

Advanced

Stylish Step

jump --> dash --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> jump --> dash --> slash --> block

This is the move in between flash step and butterfly. I *think* it slashes a bit faster than butterfly, but you get less blocking time. So it's sort of a more offensive butterfly substitute. It also makes a bit more of an unpredicatable target. And it's kinda funsmiley17.gif

Half Step

jump --> dash --> slash(hold) --> switch to gun --> dash --> gun will shoot

I personally like half step a lot better than slashshot. It lets you move faster, and you're much harder to hit. For clarification, you do dash with your gun out. There aren't any dash lines, and it doesn't make a dashing noise, but you move at dash speed. It seems a little awkward to do at first, but once you learn it, you'll probably like it a lot more, it's much more fluid then slashshooting. Again, use a side motion. Left->Left/Right->Right if you're trying to get somewhere and shoot, Left-Right/Right-Left for regular fighting, and Foward->Left/Right and Backwards->Left/Right for regular fighting with some evasiveness. Just a note: It seems like if you do a Right->Left half step, it's a bit quicker than the others, it looks like a frame is cut out, and does seem faster. Mix your half steps up, and don't get predictable.

Half-Half Step (sometimes referred to as Quarter Step)

jump --> dash --> slash(hold) --> switch to gun --> jump --> dash --> gun will shoot

I like this move. It's almost identical to a half step, but the jump makes it seem a little quicker, if a little less fluid. At first this seems kinda awkward(it did for me anyway), but after a bit of practice the timing clicks and it gets quite a bit easier. Use this as an occasional replacement for a hlaf step jsut to mix your moves up a bit. I also like to use it for a reload, because you tumble after a reload step, so the half-half steps slight jerkiness doesn't affect your rhythm.

Million Step

jump --> dash --> slash(hold) --> switch to gun --> jump --> dash --> gun will shoot --> repeat

Yes, this is the same as half-half step. The only difference is that million step is done with an automatic and is repeated over and over. So think of Million Step as a continuous half-half step with an automatic. The idea is each step you shoot 2 or 3 bullets right at your opponent. This move can be pretty deadly if you have good aim.

Flash Shot

jump --> dash* --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> jump** --> dash --> slash(hold) --> switch to gun -->(see options below)

Alright, this one's a little complicated. Think of it as a quickswitch to shot. For the shot you have a few options:

1. Slashshot, making the full combo jump --> dash --> slash --> gun --> sword --> jump --> dash --> slash --> gun
  2. Half step, making the full combo jump --> dash --> slash --> gun --> sword --> jump --> dash --> slash --> gun -->dash
  3. Half-Half step, making the full combo jump --> dash --> slash --> gun --> sword --> jump --> dash --> slash -->gun --> jump --> dash

It's entirely your choice which shot to use, though I would recommend a half step or half-half step, as this is a very evasive shot, and HS/HHS are far more evasive than a slashshot.

And the star points:

*The dashes: they're crucial for this shot. The first one can be any direction, though I wouldn't recommend right. I usually use left or forward. The second dash can be any direction, though I wouldn't recommend making it the same as the first one. I like doing a right dash on the second one, as the right to left half step has a quicker animation than other directions. For the third dash, I would definitely recommend a right or left (just like regular shooting). My personal dashes are either: left-right-left or forward-right-left. But experiment!

**The jump: it's important that you pause for a half second or so, or else your shot will completely mess up.

I know I'm making this move seem pretty complicated, but it isn't really. Just think quickslash to shot and you'll be fine :-)

For the record, I found and developed this move by myself. I have heard that somebody else already made it, but I never saw it anywhere, so yeah. Doesn't really matter either way.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Instakills

Instakills are, as one would imagine, moves that are designed to swifty take someone from very high/full health to little to no health. There are a bunch of different kinds, and new ones seem to be popping up all over the place. As far as I know, most of these were made by kraise/korean, and one by shunli. The others, I'm not sure who made them, if you know, share your knowledge with me and I'll give credit where it's due. Most of these don't really have names, so I'll give them plain ones.

Note: The massive strikes are optional. They do a bit of damage, but their main function is to get the opponent stunned and in a position where it is easy to uppercut them, beginning the instakill.

Basic Instakill

massive strike --> uppercut --> shoot --> switch guns --> shoot again

This is the most basic instakill. You stun the opponent, uppercut them, shoot them once in midair at the top of their flight, switch to your second gun, and shoot them again as they come down.

Juggling Instakill

massive strike --> uppercut --> shoot

This instakill will kill anyone from any amount of health/armour. The only catch is you need an automatic, and it doesn't work if they safefall. You stun & uppercut the opponent as usual, and when they're at the top of their arc, aim at their head and hold shoot with your automatic. The stream of bullets will keep them suspended in midair until they die.

Multiple-Uppercut Instakill

massive strike --> uppercut --> shoot --> repeat

I quite like this one. You uppercut them, shoot them once at the top of their arc, move forward, uppercut them again just as they land, shoot again, and repeat. This one is safer, as you don't need to rely on both your shots hitting. It takes longer though, so be careful if there are other opponents around you.

Sword-only Instakill

massive strike --> uppercut --> jump --> dash --> slash --> repeat from uppercut

I find this Insta. to be pretty difficult to pull off, it's hard to get the timing right. You uppercut them, wait a second, then jump-dash-slash so you hit them just as they hit the ground. The slash will stun them, and you uppercut again and repeat. Practice in Gladiator games, preferably one on one so no one else will attack you. This instakill takes the longest to do.

R.I.P. Instakill (created by shunli)

massive strike --> jump --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash --> slash --> switch to gun --> switch to sword --> dash --> uppercut --> shoot --> jump --> dash --> slash(hold) --> switch to gun --> gun will shoot --> opponent dies.

Sorry I wrote it out like that, it's for people who don't have the other moves down. Abbreviated form:

massive strike --> quickslash --> flashstep(without touching the ground first) --> uppercut --> shoot --> SS/HS as they hit the ground

This one is difficult, and very complicated. Looks cool though :D I haven't got the timing down right yet, but practice will do it.

Sword/Block Glitch System (gladiators, read this. now.)

Footslash

(Face all the way downward) > Slash

This prevents you from being guard bounced.

Note: Can be used with butterfly. (Any type of slash)

This is how it works, you look all the way down, so that you can slash their legs. Their legs aren't protected by guard, so you won't get bounced.

Backstrike

(Make your back face your opponent) > Throw massive strike.

This makes the massive strike attack from the back, and your opponent can't guard their back. This means your massive strike will go through a regular block.

Skyblock (AKA Glitch Block)

Hold Guard (block) > look all the way up > hold the backwards button.

Blocks almost all massives. (The best massive blocking there is)

Skybreaker

(Make your back face your opponent) > (Look all the way up) > Throw massive strike

It goes through skyblock. This is the best massive attack there is. There's only one way to block it, but that one way only blocks THIS certain massive strike. This should be your default massive strike. This is how to block it:

(Look all the way down) > block > hold backward

Entire Glitch Strike/Block section was written by OMG_GODDESS. Thanks a tonsmiley4.gif

Outro

There, it's over. Thanks for taking the time to read this (if you got through it all), and I hope you got something out of it. Have fun with k-style, I think it brings a lot more flavour to GunZ.

Any comments now would be greatly appreciated. Tell me what to add, tell me what isn't needed, tell me what mistakes I made. Thanks.

Go kick some ass.

Credits:

42ndsheep

wow this really helped me thanks =)

There's an even more comprehensive guide by scuba442772 or whatever his name is. I'll find it and post it on here. I'll even post Visual guides for anyone who is having problems.