Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Guide to making your WLM better

This is a guide about what you should get to make your Windows Live Messenger (new MSN Messenger Client) eat less RAM, have less Ads and way more!

StuffPlug 3

It has a lot of features:

- Content Stealer (can steal others' emoticons and avatars, even after they changed it)

- Talk to Blocked People (after you block someone, you can still send him/her a message)

- Disable Transfer Limit (you can only send 5 stuff at once normally)

- Flash Keyboard LED (when you recieve a message while a fullscreen app is running, it flashes your LED)

- Fake invitations (!fakeinvite, "You have invited XY to do: -message here-.")

- Action Text Typing (!action)

- Many other features.

And it has no spyware or adware, only shows an ad pic when you install it for 10 seconds. It is completely reliable and it doesn't slow your computer down.

MessPatch (IE is required to open the webpage)

It can remove the Nudge Limit, remove the Ads and many other stuff, or can make your WLM look better.

The settings I use for 8.1.0178 version is included at the end of the post in the TXT file that is actually an INI. Just Load it in when you have that option.

MSN Plus Live

Note: Make sure you choose not to install the sponsor program, because it fills your windows with ads and the only way to get rid of it is reinstalling windows...

MP!L has a very neat logging system, I like setting it to TXT so it's not full of stupid emoticons.

It also has a !sendsong command that requests the other user to send the currently played song (Only works with Winamp, and the other user must have MSN Plus as well)

It has some features that are not even worth mentioning.

It has support for Colored names and Scripts.

After getting MSN Plus, here are two Scripts that are very useful:

ReduceMEM

This is a Script for MP!L. It is capable of reducing the memory requirement from the normal 40-70 MB RAM of WLM to 7-17 MB! After installing it, in the Preferences menu set the time interval to 40 seconds, and choose Method 3.

Convo Notifier

This is a Script for MP!L. It shows a pop-up when someone opened your conversation window. It is not all that useful, but why not? :o

Here is one thing you should NEVER add into your MSN:

Messenger Discovery Live

The only unique function it has is the infamous !imitate command, that copies the other user's name and font style and color in the message you send. All others can be replaced.

Why should you not add this? Here are the main reasons:

- It eats up your RAM and CPU. No kidding.

- It installs a sponsor program (unsure but most likely) and shows an Ad in IE everytime you log into MSN.

- It's not all that great, because it can be replaced.

- I had a hard time uninstalling it, but the best way of removing it is reinstalling your windows. It gets built into Windows so much that is the only way.

So, you should NEVER install this program.

After installing what this guide says, your Windows Live Messenger will be superior to all other clients.

MessPatch.ini.txt

Edited by Zhuinden

Ha nice guide, even though i already use all this stuff :o

Edited by Mr.Lp

Uh, this is all for MSN?

Uh, this is all for MSN?

MSN messenger does not exist anymore.... windows took it over so it is now called Windows Live messenger :\

but most people still refer to it as MSN messenger

Okay, so this is all for Windows Live Messenger? El oh el

Okay, so this is all for Windows Live Messenger? El oh el

This is a guide about what you should get to make your Windows Live Messenger eat less RAM, have less Ads and way more!

Ah shit, how fucking stupid can someone be...

I read that, but probably didn't comprehend it well enough haha.

Haha no probs, i get that sometimes to :o

Ok, changed it so now it's more trivial. :o Anyways yes, this is all for WLM and it makes it far more better.

Got one question?

How to go to aim on a block server on a government property on a military computer?

whoeva know this QUESTION PLEASE HELP ME OUT..............

Got one question?

How to go to aim on a block server on a government property on a military computer?

whoeva know this QUESTION PLEASE HELP ME OUT..............

by hacking it noob.

rofl ok get a jump drive (flash drive etc etc. w/e u call it) and install trillian or this little program called MirandaPortable on it and since theirs no way to block programs on a jump drive theirs no hope of blocking it

trust me i do this all the time at school, i use MirandaPortable its just like trillian just it doesn't look quite as nice but it takes up less space since all i can afford is a 512 mb jump drive.