Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Euro-Style

I did not make this, I got it off of Gunzfactor. So credits go to Gunzfactor.

Euro-Style is, in a way, a style based on how a player would play and think in any other FPS. Euro-Stylers are rarely seen using any K-Style moves, although some may use basic moves such as Butterfly and Wall-Cancels.

Believe it or not, there are many things to an E-Styler than you think. When to dash around and when to roll. When to use your sword and when to use your gun. Also, I tend to think of E-stylers as a very basic form of a Hybrid. Let's start out with the movements.

Rolling

This is mainly used if you are in a fight, or just trying to avoid quickly from someone but don't switch to your sword. This is NOT to be used to get around. The only downfall with rolling is that once you start it, you can't stop. You're pretty vulnerable, like someone who lunges with a dagger. In this sense, you must be aware of your surroundings. You don't want to roll right into a wall, because then you're a sitting duck.

Dashing

Used effectively when you are trying to run, or get somewhere fast. You will most likely be on the ground when this is happening, or if you're in the air, you'll be going around there. Learning to keep the dash moving and not breaking, however, is the main key. If you're over a pit of doom, knowing how close you are to that point of death is essential.

Shooting

This is tricky. For example, if you're sniping someone with revolvers, then you don't want to be holding the mouse button down, yet you would for something like a Rifle. Knowing where your opponent will be is also essential, seeing as you must predict their movements. If you've only got a small window of oppurtunity to shoot someone before they grab health, predicting that moment is key to taking down your enemy.

Grenading

Not something I'm too big on, but still, this can be key. You would not want to waste a grenade on just one person out in the open. Use it when there are groups of people out in the open. Also, these can be essential to root someone out of their hiding spot, or just to damage them if they persist to stay.

Advanced E-Style

Now comes the fun part. Tactics. Knowing your enemy. Listening to your surroundings. Everything is an advanced part of any style, but most specifically of the E-stylers.

Wall Canceling

A basic move for those K-stylers, yet an advanced part of E-Stylers. In that sense, please refer to earlier in the guide as to how to accomplish this. For a sense of feeling, try moving around on the walls above the pits in Island. Albeit, after you've learned how to do it on a basic wall.

Tactics

This is probably the MOST essential part of playing. You cannot be afraid to use things that are "noobish" and what not. If they're typing, kill them. If they're afk, kill them. If they're coming around the corner, have a massive ready, stun them, then waste them away with your guns. Essentially, be prepared for whatever is coming for you. Grabbing health when you don't need it, and possibly someone on your team needs it, but the enemy also needs it. In that sense, you are 'somewhat' of a freelancer, but it is for the essentials of the team.

The Enemy

You can't go in knowing nothing. If you refer to Recu's part of knowing your enemy, that's good to know. Also, you must know if you're enemy will go around, or if they'll come charging in. Knowing if they have long range and short range is good. You must outwit your opponent, surprising them at every chance.

Sniping

This is probably a harder aspect than it seems. You will have troubles at first most likely, but you may get used to it. Sniping doesn't mean just distance. It also means close range. Predictions upon where your opponent will be within half a second. Recognition of the usual movement they do. Reacting to when they move unexpectedly. Shooting a specific part of their body depending on if they have a sword out or not.

Guarding

yes, this is advanced. Just rushing into somewhere while guarding will get you killed. Consequentially, guarding the whole time while someone is butterflying you will get you killed. You must raise your guard at the last possible moment, thus knocking your opponent off guard. It doesn't end there. If you've got a stun, turn around 180, stun, turn back, and then SHOOT. Do NOT slash. Using a gun is the most effective thing.

Slashing

You're probably thinking I'm talking about K-Styling with all this sword talk. Believe it or not, E-Stylers must use their sword just about equally as much as they use their gun. Anyways, back to slashing. If you charge an opponent, and they're a K-styler, slashing on the ground is a BAD idea. Instead, jump and slash. This will give you the quick recovery rate to pull out your gun, turn around, and shoot them. If the person is another E-Styler, then slash once while on the ground, then slash once again, and again, and again. If you combo your moves, then that leaves you open for attack. Also, slashing the initial slash only is, in my opinion, faster.

Equipment

There are too many combinations of weapons, so I will simply go through basic ones, and maybe a few combos.

Revolvers - This is good for distance, as well as, once in awhile, close combat. Packing quite a punch, you should be able to take someone down anywhere from 3-6 shots, depending on where you hit, and how powerful the gun is. Howerver, trying to hit someone who lags is next to impossible with these.

Pistols - These can actually be quite effective. Their rate of fire is fast, and are quite accurate. They can also be used to keep someone in check behind their wall while an ally goes around and gets them from behind. Once again, bad for laggers.

Shotguns - Not one of my faves, but if you can use them right, they're good. They deal more damage than the revolvers, but only if you're close. Pretty good against people who lag too. If you like being in the fight, yet want to do damage, this is the gun for you.

SMGs - These are effective too. You must burst them, not spray them though. With their quick rate of fire, you will be able to soak up someones AP in not time, thus leaving them prey to another weapon of yours, or just your sword. These should not be used in both slots of weapons though, EVER.

Rifles - Highly accurate, and pretty fast. Someone who uses these will most definitely be a sniper. Keep your distance, and shoot away. Pretty good against laggers, and if you can't trace a K-Styler, good for you! Spray.

Rockets - God these are painful. They are effective in combat as well as to root someone out. They are ineffective against people with high armor though, so beware. And laggers should beware. These will most likely hit you.

MGs - These are quite tactical, and highly effective. Use it against groups of people, or in narrow alleys. They pack quite a punch, so use them. They should be good against laggers too.

Rev-Rev - A good distance and close range combo. It's what I use personally. Your enemies will fear you if you keep hitting with these.

Rev-Rifle - A more of a long range combo. Even then, using your rifle to soak up AP so all damage from your revs goes straight to their health. With a 30 or so damage pistol, you can take an enemy down in three shots once you've wiped their AP (and some HP) with your rifle.

SG-Rev - Another power combo. Perfect for those who end up in a close range battle, yet still can snipe.

MG-Rifle - Pick one. You don't need both.

Pistol-Rev - Pistols to quickly hit someone, then finish them off with your Revs. I like, but I'd probably go with Rev-Rev.

SG-SG - I think you'd be better off with just one of them. I doubt you'd need two, unless you're going K-Style. Traitor.

Afterword

I'm a Rev-Rev person, and I also know how to butterfly. I'm also not afraid to KS or knock someone down to suicide. I'm a cautious person, and rarely come straight out. In that sense, people get highly annoyed by my battle situations I place them in. In other words, I'm HIGHLY tactical. I don't care if people say hurry up, and if I get annoyed with it, I simply turn chat off (by pressing V). You'll be called a noob a lot, but this is not something that should get to you. Your patience must be higher than that of your opponent. You may end up pissing your team off once in awhile, and you will run A LOT. This isn't noobish. This is simply owning in a different way than usual.

Credits:

Gunzfactor

i rem when i use to play this.. butterfly style!