Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Virus/AntiVirus

Favorite  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is YOUR #1 AntiVirus or AntiMalware?

• AVG
    • SpySweeper
    • Spy n Search Bot
    • Norton AntiVirus
    • Norton 360
    • Norton Confidential
    • Norton Internet Security
    • McFee
  2. 2. What do you think is most destructive?

• Virus
    • Spyware
    • Malware
    • Worm
    • AntiVirus Killer
    • Slugs
    • Adware

For the AntiVirus killer, its a hybrid worm/virus that enters your system, copies itself, and then uses the antivirus scan (whenever you use it) to travel around your hard drive. It infects the AnitVirus by disguising the uninfected programs as malware. When the antivirus dectecs a "virus", it demands the owner of the comp to kill it. When you try to, instead of killing the "virus", the antivirus either deletes or infects the important file or brings in more viruses when you try to delete the "virus". Think about cancer for example. It can't tell which is part of your body so it would just destroy you thinking your bacteria or something. Aids, think about the virus instead of the victim of the guard, its the predator of the guard. Rumored this virus/worm code will swarm the internet by 2008 or 2010. To protect your comp, stay alert, if you find the virus/worm, kill it early. It will be out of your system if its caught early like cancer. If it doesn't work, then the virus most likely would've took action by then. Do the "Blue Screen" for your comp or reset EVERYTHING.

avg owns the fuck outta everything :)

its awesome so easy to use you dont even have to do shit but install it updates scans everything on its own :)

i have avg too it works great, but for adware Ad-Aware and Spybot Search

&Destroy make a great team, they kill like everything.

Norton is actually the most trusted and it sometimes works more better than all the others.

Lol @ all the Norton shit.

Norton is my last name too, but my family or I have nothing to do with it.

As for Antivirus - AVG is what I have.

As for Viruses, the worst I have ever had is malware and that shit was bad enough. I never want it again or anything worse than that. I got the same malware twice.

I've never heard of slugs. What do they do?

Ok. Slugs are slow BUT they are some BADASS worms but slower than worms. Thats how it got the name "slug". Its slow but it kills and eats and malfunctions, and changes your computer into a spyware and antivirus disablers generators! Fucking shit! Hell. My computer got 2 slugs, then my hard drive started to burn like hell, all my files deleted off of desktop, recodes the computer coding into mutating it into a virus generator generating a lot of viruses and malware every hour. Average 6 created each hour. You don't want that. You also don't want the AntiVirus Killer. Its a hidden virus undetected after it takes action. As said before, if its caught early, you can delete it, but you can't detect it once it touches your antivirus programs. [my fingers hurt] The 2 most badass viruses I heard. I got 2 slugs.

Nah I say I would have chosen Virus instead of Malware, because there was the CIH long ago that killed your BIOS. I chose Malware instead because I got my hard drives killed by a DLL file, and I believe that IS considered malware, lol.

For AntiVirus and Spyware, I believe the best is Avast or NOD32. AVG is good as well though. The only problem with ALL of them that they eat loads of RAM, so if you want them, have at least 1 GB RAM or else it will not be worth it. The best Spyware/Adware killer is AdAware, it is seriously the best one.

Edited by Zhuinden

Norton hasn't made a stable release in years.

I like Trend Micro but i think becuase it's red and looks pretty.

for Adware Ad-Aware and Spybot Search

& Destroy make a great team, they kill like everything.

Yeah I love them. Although there new release gives warning messages about conflicts when both of them are installed. I just ignore it

I vote trend micro, but its not there, so fuck you. :)

Avast is my favorite. But it's not there . . .

System Mechanic is slow (8 is, for sure) it modifies a shitload of stuff and it blocks your access from it and you cannot disable it, uninstall it... It took me at least two hours to get rid of that bitch program. And I believe it was also a scam? TuneUp Utilities doesn't eat your computer and it does the same thing.

Btw, Norton sucks ass, and not even Kaspersky and NOD is on that vote-list, so the vote kinda sucks dick.

avg is better when u got a serial. it is because it can scan for roots and slugs worms and that antivirus killers. anyway anybody thats not stupid would see that their antivirus is fucking up scan ur currently loaded services and dlls go into safe mode and delete them. i did taht once. i had a very annoying malware/virus which i manually deleted

System Mechanics 8 started up, made my comp froze when I gave out the order to do its stuff, then with the Task Manager it said "the program is locked", then I pressed Reset, then I wanted to uninstall it but most of its DLLs and EXEs were still there, so I had to do something else to get rid of it, and I don't really remember what. It was a pain in the Ass.

Whats the Default password for the Administrator account on a Toshiba computer?

that is so off topic..... and necro..... and the default admin pass should be enter..... lawl

oomg <_< you didnt add avast...

and btw the most destructive = rbot.

The best Anti-Virus software is the good old Common Sense 2004's final version..