Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Blizzard Announces Starcraft 2!

I don't know if this was ever mentioned anywhere but here's something thats been on my mind since the announcement...

What ever happened to the "Hybrid" Campaign?

If you're unfamiliar of it, its a campaign of the Starcraft series where Duran controls a Scientific Research Facility in a coloney to perform experiments on the Protoss and Zerg genes. He was successful in developing a new breed of genetically mutated killing machines known only as Hybrids.

I made an assumption long ago that Starcraft 2 would continue on from there and allow the "Hybrid" breed to become a new Species in the Starcraft Campaigns.

Yet, the only major difference I noticed judging from the images I've seen is the technological advancement of the Protoss military. Seems as though Blizzard put most of their focus on Protoss Dominance. The Queen of Blades, surely, will fall. Jim Raynor's fate, however, is questionable.

What do you think?

I think its too early to tell. They have yet to show off everything.

Starcraft2.com will have more information about the other races, and they said that not everything is final yet.

this is sooo sweeet

hopefully my comp can handle it

maybe ill be a beta tester :P

I don't know if this was ever mentioned anywhere but here's something thats been on my mind since the announcement...

What ever happened to the "Hybrid" Campaign?

If you're unfamiliar of it, its a campaign of the Starcraft series where Duran controls a Scientific Research Facility in a coloney to perform experiments on the Protoss and Zerg genes. He was successful in developing a new breed of genetically mutated killing machines known only as Hybrids.

I made an assumption long ago that Starcraft 2 would continue on from there and allow the "Hybrid" breed to become a new Species in the Starcraft Campaigns.

Yet, the only major difference I noticed judging from the images I've seen is the technological advancement of the Protoss military. Seems as though Blizzard put most of their focus on Protoss Dominance. The Queen of Blades, surely, will fall. Jim Raynor's fate, however, is questionable.

What do you think?

I think its too early to tell. They have yet to show off everything.

Starcraft2.com will have more information about the other races, and they said that not everything is final yet.

:P

I swear to God!!

Blizzard staff is made up of a bunch... no... a shit load of Cockteasers. :P

w00t

/me dances 4 sc2

i saw some gameplay...holyshit dude...zergs armys are maassive

and toss is lookin good

The main part I'm looking forward to is the ability to select more than 12 units and the ability to use the level as a dynamic strategic playground.

haha im just lookin forward to everything

well lets be serious...this is blizzard..this game isnt comin out till like 2010 at least

NICE ! !!! ,

Must get it .

Well like I said before, I think that they might be holding back on a bomb shell for most, I don't think there will only be the hybrid race we were looking forward to. I think that there actually might be one or two more extra races.

And Blizzard employees also remarked saying that they would be happy to finally see a Starcraft Sequel by a decade after the release of Starcraft.

According to Starcraft2.com, they currently have no plans of making any races other than the primary three.

StarCraft II is the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game, and the sequel to the hit original, StarCraft. The game will include three completely distinct and balanced races, the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg, which have been overhauled and re-imagined with a number of new units for each, as well as new tricks for some of the classic units that are returning.

=\

That is all that they want you to know ATM.... I knew someone would bring that up...

I want Hybrid Campaigns. Now. :P

If that is all that they are doing then I will be just fine. Star Craft is a classic and if the balance of power was off then (in my opinion) the game would become lame.

I am actually going to put together a new computer for the game play with SC2! I love making new computers, it makes me happy. :P

Ok...you newbs do realise blizzard made a website right?

It is called www.starcraft2.com

HAAAH ;)

Yes you nooblet plutomic, if you atually read the other posts in this thread we posted Starcraft2.com EVERYWHERE. LOOK AT MY SIGGY! LOOK AT THE STARCRAFT 2 PART OF IT. PUT YOUR MOUSE OVER IT AND CLICK IT. WHERE DOES IT GO TO!? STARCRAFT2.COM YOU NOOBLET.

lol.. nooblet.

to the guy thats misled about sc2 units,

first of all, mothership is not a giant carrier,its a protoss flying city with salvoes of 8 psi missiles and incredible spells, one of wich can even destroy an invincible unit hp:950/sheilds:350

now all other units,

zealot, now armed with a charge ability where it can quickly run up to the enemy

new unit:immortal(after the destruction of the temple dedicated to crating dragoons, the protoss lost dragoon makeing, so they adapted and made the immortal)armed with a powerfull sheild that only activates when struck by a powerfull blow, it is perfect for seigetank countering

new unit:terran reaper, infantry unit with dual pistols and jumpjets that allow it to jump cliffs

new unit:phase prism: can transform into mobile pylon

new mechanic:protoss can warp any unit from an upgraded gateway(warpgate) that allows transport into area with pylon power

new unit:stalker, armed with blink ability that allows teleport within sight

new unit:nydus worm, mobile nydus canal

new unit:zerglings with wings(they dont fly they just hover whil running)

new unit:colousus:war of the worlds walker thing with small splash radius and sweeping twin lasers, tall enough to be consitered air units

new unit:baneling, mutated zergling,suicidal

old unit:mutalisk

new unit:fenix: air superiority fighter can overload and atack all nearby air units then overloads for short time,can also atack ground

old unit:battlecruiser, now uses yamato more

new unit:warprey:does more damage the longer it fires

u can also download sc2 vids hd here: http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

Edited by STARCRAFT 2 is coming

can't wait for sc2 to come out. It's going to own.