Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Blizzard Announces Starcraft 2!

So, when can we buy it!?

Many fans have estimated release date on April 2008 while Blizzard has no release date set.

Their going to make us wait another year. /cry

For me it's less than a year since I will be missing for three months :D And right when I come back, HALO 3!

Oh I'm so glad it was Starcraft 2 and not some stupid mmo.

http://www.starcraft2.com/ IS UP!!

I drool at everything Starcraft 2 now. I drool at my own siggy. O_o

HOLY SHIT. I have been fucking waiting for fucking this for atleast 9 fucking years ( I first played SC when I was 4) . Right now, I am fucking amazed. FUCK

gawd i cant wait. this site will be crawling with hundreds of new visitors just because of sc2.

According to IGN, the graphics are strikingly similar to Starcraft 1. So NO 3D!!! >:D

Keep in mind that I will be continuously updating the first post as I find new information or pictures.

Actually from watching the camera movements in the gameplay videos I would have to say it's 3d.

I think that was before the pictures and videos were posted up lol...

Actually from watching the camera movements in the gameplay videos I would have to say it's 3d.

http://www.starcraft2.com/faq.xml

How will StarCraft II be different from StarCraft?

StarCraft II will run on a vibrant new 3D-graphics engine that will be capable of rendering beautiful landscapes as well as massive individual units and army sizes.

GG KTHX NO RM

SWEET! sc2

More interesting stuff:

Will there be clan management?We're not quite ready to discuss specifics related to Battle.net at this time, but we look forward to doing so in the future.

What steps are being taken to prevent cheating in multiplayer games?We don't want to tip our hand to the people who may try to cheat on Battle.net, so we can't go into too much detail, but rest assured that security is one of our top priorities as we redesign and overhaul Battle.net, and we will take every precaution to ensure fairness in our online games. We've taken an aggressive stance against cheating in all of our games, and our players have overwhelmingly supported us in that, so we don't have any intention to make any changes in that regard.

Looks like warden is making a new comeback :D

Will the game run natively on Windows Vista?StarCraft II will be fully compatible with Windows Vista, as well as XP. We'll have more details on system requirements closer to release.

Will StarCraft II be available on Mac simultaneously with PC?As with all of Blizzard's recent releases, StarCraft II will ship on both PC and Mac simultaneously.

Will StarCraft II take advantage of DirectX 10? What other graphical goodies are included?The game will be compatible with DirectX 10, and we're still considering whether there will be exclusive DirectX 10 graphic effects, but the graphics engine will also be very scalable to ensure that a wide range of different systems will be capable of running StarCraft II. The new engine is also capable of rendering very large units, as well as large numbers of units on screen together. Havok physics have been integrated into the engine for added realism as well.

its not going to be the same, its changing SC into WC3, meaning there will be less good UMS games. Guess i'll have to keep SC1 too then huh?

its not going to be the same, its changing SC into WC3, meaning there will be less good UMS games. Guess i'll have to keep SC1 too then huh?

You do realize that the only reason that SC is better then WC3 is cuz its more simple right? The UMS editor in Wc3 is about 50 times better the the editor in SC.

I haven't even tried to touch the Warcraft 3 World Editor... And yeah, Starcraft is loved so much since it's rather simple. This will be making it more similar to Warcraft, but I am very sure that it will still be very different.

I believe this game will rock, even though I wouldn't want to get a TPM-Moduled computer just to play this game, and I can't afford it either. However, I think this game will be WAY better than WC3, but it won't be the same as SC:BW. Also, I think they WILL make an expansion pack to this one later as well, because they have made one to all their games. :P

You do realize that the only reason that SC is better then WC3 is cuz its more simple right? The UMS editor in Wc3 is about 50 times better the the editor in SC.

Heck no. SC is better than WC3 because it's not a semi-RPG grinding game while building things like in a normal RTS. There are not so many stupid things like items and stuff. Also, SC has better and more unique races. I mean what the hell, ORCS? ELVES? ZOMBIES? Haven't we seen them everywhere else?

And the WC3 editor is really better than SC editor, it has more stuff. You can make Custom Scripts, can use Integers, and stuff like that. However, this way, making a complicated map in SC is way easier in WC3. So, you can appreciate a map more in SC than in WC3. And personally I like the skills in SC more, because they are harder to make. And Observer Explosion looks neat. :P

If it's going to look the exact same, it's going to suck >.>... But I guess Gameplay > Graphics.

I am so psyched! YEA!!!!!!

Edited by Mr.Winkey

I don't know if this was ever mentioned anywhere but here's something thats been on my mind since the announcement...

What ever happened to the "Hybrid" Campaign?

If you're unfamiliar of it, its a campaign of the Starcraft series where Duran controls a Scientific Research Facility in a coloney to perform experiments on the Protoss and Zerg genes. He was successful in developing a new breed of genetically mutated killing machines known only as Hybrids.

I made an assumption long ago that Starcraft 2 would continue on from there and allow the "Hybrid" breed to become a new Species in the Starcraft Campaigns.

Yet, the only major difference I noticed judging from the images I've seen is the technological advancement of the Protoss military. Seems as though Blizzard put most of their focus on Protoss Dominance. The Queen of Blades, surely, will fall. Jim Raynor's fate, however, is questionable.

What do you think?