Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Releasing 300 new games?

2) Oh and lets not forget the hard drive. PS3 comes w/ a 60 GB hard drive, the 120 GB HD for xbox costs $180

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/buyNow/...harddrive120GB/

Divide that by 2 , you get $90

Original point is, in order for the 360 to be equal in terms of what the PS3 offers, you would have to dish out $40-100 for wireless, $50 for 1 year of live, and since they dont make 60 gb hard drives, but only 120's, i just divided it by 2 along w/ the price which is how i got $90, and then $200 for the hd-dvd drive. So once again, look at what the PS3 offers, and look how much it would cost for 360 owners to get the same features as the PS3 (wireless, bigger hard drive, hd movie capabilities). So PS3 price is fine with me, people who complain about the price, are most likely the people who cant afford it :wub:

3) Comparing a nintendo 64 game from many years ago, to current gen games? You do realize, the standard of games rated back then, are totally different from todays standards and rated differently,

http://gamerankings.com/itemrankings/default_x360/1029

http://gamerankings.com/itemrankings/default_N64/4

Oh look...all N64 games on that page have a higher % then the 360 games listed on that page...As I said before, ratings and standards from games of yesterday, and the games of todays have changed, people expect more from todays games which is why they are rated more harshly.

4) And you guys can keep hoping you get MGS :P have fun dreaming. And also MGS isnt the only good game coming out. Here are a list of upcoming PS3 exclusives which I may add, are all good games :)

Lair (Demo coming July)

Heavenly Sword

Little Big Planet

Ratchet & Clank

God of War 3 (Unannounced but there obviously will be a GoW 3)

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Warhawk (Beta Released)

Playstation Home (not a game i know)

Grand Turismo

Motorstorm (Released)

Resistance (Released)

Uncharted Drakes Fortune

Folklore

---Just edited onto list---

The Get Away 3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Then I'm sure w/e games that are associated w/ the PS Eyetoy will be interesting to see

2. i dont need a 120g hd. the 20g works fine.

3. i was only proving that banjo kazooie was a great game back then. so there's legit reason to be excited about a sequel.

4. each game on the list is either a flop, or unreleased.

Im highly aware that 70% (71.5 if you wish to be exact) of the games I listed there, are unreleased (Im counting Home & Warhawk since there in beta) However, from July 14, to February 2 there will be a total of 12 games from that list and 2 I forgot to mention being released. I believe Home will be released in that time frame too so +1 to add to released.

July 14 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

August 14 - Lair

August 28 - Warhawk

September 4 - Heavenly Sword

October 2 - Ratchet & Clank and Folklore

November 1 - The Getaway 3 and Uncharted Drake's Fortune

December 1 - Final Fantasy XIII and Gran Turismo HD

December 31 - Final Fantasy XIII Versus

February 2 2008 - Little Big Planet

By then, 93.75% (15 / 16) of the games I listed above, will be released. I guess you could say...the game drought for PS3 owners ends in July, because from July to Feb of 08, a new exclusive title from that list will be released a month (sometimes 2 per month & excluding January)

Now you said the games I listed are either a "flop" or unreleased. Like I told the other guy, please list what games are flops, and why? Provide me some good reasons and I may even agree with you, but until you can provide me with some good reasons and back up your claim, then just calling them flops is meaningless.

Eventhough there are more exclusive titles coming out for PS3 (NBA 08 & Singstar for example) I only listed most of the known ones for PS3 owners. Now what I wish to know, in that same time frame July 2007 to Feb 2008, could you list me some 360 exlusives that arent "flops" Im just curious to see what kind of exclusives 360 has coming out...maybe you guys will get lucky and get viva pinata 2 :)

This thread is long and full of truth. TL,DR and here is the conclusion for all!

ALL new-gen consoles suck in a way, and Dreamcast ownz!

This thread is long and full of truth. TL,DR and here is the conclusion for all!

ALL new-gen consoles suck in a way, and Dreamcast ownz!

that was a stupid post was a stupid post -.-

but wow u guys are really going at it and + the xbox 360 Elite comes with the sleek black finish(so your old xbox doesn't feel forgotten (lol) high-performance wireless controller(30 hour battery life) HDMI cable (HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.) 120 gig hd a head set Price 479.99 (the 500 600 1's come with games im just looking at the console its self) ALSO comes with a silver membership and a 1 month free gold membership

Click for proof

yes i know its toys r us, i could of swore circuitcity had some for that price but i guess i was mistaken i also thought it came with a wirless adapter but i was also mistaken but still add the price for wirless adapter from ^ there u get to 500 $ still less than the ps3

Yes but Ruler, the current millions apon millions of 360 users, own either the Core or the Pro version. M$ Releasing the Elite is is kind of screwing over the consumers because now they are going to have to dish out extra $$ for a whole new console of they want a true hd expierence (hdmi port) And also, since games still use normal DVD's, it still isnt "true hd" because they are just being upscaled unlike games on Blu Ray which is an HD format.

The 360 Elite doesnt even come with a built in HD-DVD drive, all the Elite is, is a Pro w/ 120 gb harddrive, a black finish, and an hdmi port. Maybe if it came w/ a built in hd-dvd drive it would be something interesting. I may be wrong, but I dont even think it comes with built in wifi either. And also, the Elite still uses the same hardware designs are previous 360 versions, so the chances of your 360 elite crapping out is still the same as the Pro and the Core.

Me personally, I think the Elite was just a sad attempt for M$ to compete w/ the PS3, because I remember them saying how 20 GB is more then enough space and to release a new model this late in the game is a slap in the face for all 360 owners who wanted the bigger harddrive and HDMI because now they're going to have to buy a whole new console.

What I like about the PS3 is, you can pretty much use any 2.5" serial ata 5400 rpm harddrive from like newegg.com. I know I already did the price comparassion before, but I'll do it quickly again

Price for 360 Elite(120 gb hd): $480

Price for 20gb PS3: $500 + 70 = $570

120 GB HD: $70

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822149042

At this point, both the elite and ps3 have the same specs, how ever, ps3 comes w/ built in hd supported drive(blu ray), in order for the elite to be up to par, it would need the hd-dvd drive which costs $200

480 + 200 = $680

Comparing the Elite to the 60 GB version and what it has to offer.

$480 for 360 elite

$600 for 60gb ps3 + $70 for 120 gb harddrive = $670

Since the elite doesnt come w/ built in wifi, you would have to dish out $100 for the 360 wireless adaptber microsoft offers, how ever you could use any old usb one but not many people know that, so you cant assume everyone will go that route. So Ill do 2 price addons.

480 + 50 = 530 + 200 for hd-dvd drive = $730

480 + 100 = 580 + 200 for hd-dvd drive = $780

So what Im trying to say here is, the PS3 price is nothing you can really complain too much about, because if a 360 wanted the same features as a ps3, and after buying all the necessary addons, the cost will be more then a PS3

And just some random info, but Sony has hinted a price cut (unannounced) for the PS3 this holiday season

yea i heard about that but damn myg0t i like how u give out all this info and really defend the ps3 and trust me im not saying the ps3 sucks (not saying u were saying is said) but i also support the ps3 because i am going to own 1 next year if all my plans go right but any ways i was simply showing that it would be cheaper for ppl who currently dont own an xbox 360 to get the elite instead of getting the 300$ or 400$ 1's because honestly now that the elite is out your getting ripped if you buy the 400$ 1

note: I THINK IM NOT SURE BUT I THINK, the elite comes with a better graphics card but as i said not sure

mgs4_xbox360_small.png

lol i would get it as long as it worked :P

The elite doesnt come with any better graphics card. Here is what the 360 Elite is...

Same exact thing as the Pro version (same hardware) except it has a 120 GB Hard drive, HDMI port (Core & Pro dont have) & painted black. To be honost, I was going to buy the Elite when it came out, but then I learned that no hardware changes were made such as better cooling, so its still the same loud ass vacuum cleaner sounding fan lol and still has the same overheating problems previous 360's have. Thats really the only reason why I dont have a 360.

Yea I usually like doing some research before I start talking so I know what im talking about and not blindly making statements and accusations like.... "360 sucks" or "that game sucks" and just leaving it at that, like some people here have done as you can see. "that game is a flop" or "all games are shit", its like ok now tell me why its shit or why its a flop lol.

But yea deffinently by the time you get a PS3 there's going to be a price drop, probably anywhere from $100-$200

hmmm then g4 must have upgraded the 1 they gave away because it had a hd dvd and a upgraded graphics card :P

but man either way having both consoles will be a good advantage for me hehe

and i could clearly tell u did some research before you posted

Do you have a link to the 360 they gave away? Because its impossible to change the GPU in a console, its embedded in the motherboard its self. And I find it hard to believe that microsoft would manufacture a 360 w/ a better GPU for some contest. The only thing they could have possibly done is put a hd-dvd drive in it but that would have required them to take apart the 360, unless it came w/ the addon drive

Also, if 360's all of a sudden had a better GPU, then users would be screwed who had the Pro and Core because developers have to make games that run on all 360's, and consumers wouldnt be too happy with microsoft if all of a sudden, newer 360's ran there games better and had better graphics, so yea I really think where ever you heard this, is fake