Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Modem Messed

Hey i was wondering if ne1 here knew how i could fix this,

I usually connect at 46.6kbps all the time... i know nothing great but it works! and just last night i shut down my computer woke up the next morning started the comp and connected at 20kbps.... redialed over and over max i got was 29kbps.. i cleaned the whole computer out cause i thought maybe it's just the dust. But nope not the dust im guessing my modem just craped out its about 1 year old :P. Ne1 know how i can fix this or do i have to go spend cash?

I'm not the god of dial-up and so I personally don't really know. Do you have a worm on your computer that might be leeching the bandwidth?

no i don't have a worm... well ... it only started when i downloaded the personal keylogger now that i think of it.. but my computer hasn't had a virus for 3 years well only once when p0oonu gave me me a backdoor lol.. but yeah ill scan my computer again ( using Avg ) and see if it finds enything

perhaps delete key logger but it may not be you at all it could just be that the server ur connecting to is busier than normal OR your it could be your phone line i have only had this problem 1 time and it was when the server was extremely busy

on an off note: LOL MY UPLOAD RATE PWNS YOURS !!! LOLZ

Lol what do u usually connect at with ure modem? i might just have to go buy a new 1 just to beat yours :P

na lol u beat mine but i usally get 31.2kbps on a good day 56.6 on a bad day (1ce a year or so) 9.2kbps

Rawr my modem is still messed i guess its not the server i connected to :)