Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Troubles with Daemon/A 120%

1. I haven't had the SC disks for over 3 years.

2. I have been using No-CD Cracks since yesterday.

Ok so, I have had no free time pretty much all year, but since it's the summer I have all the time in the world. And I wanted to play some SC :-P

No-CD cracks were how I used to get on SC, but with the new ver's I just can't find any...that work for me.

I honestly think it's my SC directory, because Nothing works, I made an image of a burnt CD that my friend had and still, nothing. The CD itself does not let me run BW. I've used this same CD before, and it's worked good.

Ultimately, I need a re-install, unless someone knows what I'm doing wrong. So If anyone can point in a direction where I can safely DL SC+BW files I'de be vereh happeh :thumbsup: .

-Thank you in advance

i dont know if these links exactly work but uh.

*Links removed*

also quoted from a friend of mine : Izenhower

This is the ultimate NO-CD solution for ANY cd/dvd requred program on windows XP for free (Works for all versions of SC and any other games you play from a cd/dvd. It does not use some expensive 3rd party program like Alcohol, but rather two free utilities, one of which is directly provided from Microsoft.

To follow the tutorial it is requires to download these two free programs. If you already have some iso maker program then you dont need the first file and can skip getting this isorecorder program. Otherwise you can just get the free one provided by the link.

Steps:

1. Make .iso from your current (sc/bw/or other-game) cd. If you don't already have a program to do that then you can use this free utility at

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

and the executable is directly downloadable at:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/downloa...corderV2RC1.msi

2. Download the Microsoft utility to mount virtual drives. It is found at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms717328.aspx

and the executable is directly downloadable at

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b...rolpanel_21.exe

3. In order to install the isorecorder program click on the msi you downloaded, run the wizard, and complete the installation.

4. In order to install the Microsoft virtual drive mounting utility, run the exe and extract the files to some folder. For example I just extracted it to \"C:\\Program Files\\ISO Mount\".

5. With your bw/sc/other-game disk in your optical drive, and the successfull installation of the your iso recording utility, go to \"My Computer\" and right click on the drive which contains your game disk. A certain shell menu item should appear if you installed the isorecorder properly. On the menu click on the option the option \"Create Image from CD\". If you do not see this, then you have either installed the isorecorder improperly, or your system is not supported. A application wizard should come up. Click on the \"...\" next to the \"To:\" box to choose the directory where the copied iso will be saved.

For example I copied it to \"C:\\Program Files\\Starcraft\\Brood War.ISO\".

6. Open the folder where you unpacked the Microsoft virtual drive mounting utility. Run the file \"VCdControlTool.exe\". For ease of use you might want to create a shortcut to this executible on your quicklaunch or start menu.

7.(only on first run) The first time you run this application you have to locate the driver. To do this click on the button \"Driver Control...\" then \"Install Driver...\" and locate the file \"VCdRom.sys\" which should be in the folder in which you extracted the Microsoft virtual drive mounting utility. After you do this once, you never have to do it again. Now hit \"OK\" until you get back to the original window of this utility.

8. In the window click \"Add Drive\" to add a new virtual drive. Since it is mocking an optical drive the letter name doesnt really matter. By default the program will start at \"Z:\\\" and work its way up the alphabet. In this program\'s mounted drive table on the main screen click on the virtual drive you just created (it should say for example: Z: No Image Mounted...). With the virtual drive you want to use selected, click the button \"Mount\". Then navigate to the .iso file you created earlier, and hit open. A window will pop up, select the checkbox labeled \"Persistant Mount\", this is required so that you dont have to mount it each time you turn your computer on. Then hit \"OK\".

9. ALL DONE! Remove the optical disk from your drive. And go to \"My Computer\" and double click your new virtual drive to invoke autoplay. From now on, you can click the regular shortcut on your desktop/quick launch/start menu.

ooo yay :(

But I see that's it's split X_x...

Newb Q: How do I put them back together after they are downloaded?

EDIT: I Already did what you quoted from your friend though, didn't work. I used Daemon and Alcohol 120%. Both of which created a virtual drive but, when I go to load SC it crashes immediately.

ok i posted 3 links,2 rapid share and 1 megupload, the megaupload is already put together, the rapid share are 2 rar files, once both are completed download, you start extraction on the first one and it auto binds the second one. pretty simple,( i havnt testd ot see if these links work yet) btw nice to have u back.

Ahhh ok. Thanks man.

It's good to be back :(. Except I lost my VIP, and staff status.

this now has turned in to warez

Warez isn't supported on gc. I had to remove the links.

Shit my bad. Sorry. Haven't been on in a while forgot some of the rules X_x.

Damn...lately I've been feeling like a real newbie lol.

it will pass W/B to the site BTW

Yeah. Ugh now I think I'll have to find someone who has SC and re-install...

i can tell you easly how to get a copy but again its warez

haha solution to everything warez. but too bad i have sc cd so no warez for me. nanananananahahahahahaha

Of course, and I completely understand that. I'll just borrow my friends copy when I get the chance. I want to leave this discussion open for those who think they can help with the daemon/a 120%, because I don't know what I did wrong.