Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Which E3 Press Conference "Won"

Here's my quick breakdown...

Microsoft: They pretty much told old news that everyone already knew.

I liked how they actually played some of the games though, that was a plus.

I know as a PS3 owner/supporter, I was pretty anxious to see if Moore was going to be announcing MGS 4 on the 360 and if that was his tattoo or w/e, but thank god it wasn't :P When they had that RE 5 trailer, in the beginning I was like "oh shit...i really hope it isn't...." but yea it wasn't! lol.

Gears of War (which everyone knew) is heading to the PC, how ever, the PC version is going to have more chapters/content then the 360 version, so that's kind of a blow to 360 owners. And of coarse, since PC's > Consoles, the game will run smoother and look better on a high end PC.

Most of the games he announced for the 360 for this year, are all multiplatform games, except a few (not sure all there names)

He announced a new 360 model, which is a Halo model made for hardcore Halo fans. The 360 is puke green, and comes w/ a 20gb hard drive. When he held it up to show everyone, there was a dead silence in the audience lol. The least they could have done was put the 120gb hard drive, but I think this new model kind of screwed Halo lovers who bought the Elite version only to find out, a Halo version was just announced.

Nintendo: Boring... they announced some gun controller for the Wii made for FPS, a Wii steering wheel for racing games like Mario Kart, and some fitness pad thing...I really didn't pay much attention to the Nintendo one since it was pretty boring...and all I remember are them showing videos you can find on youtube lol and blabbling about the Wii is all blahblahblah lol

Sony: It was mainly all trailers they showed, they didn't take the PS3 out and demo some games like in the Microsoft conference...well unless you want to count "Home". They showed some new features in Home which looked pretty cool to me.

Oh yea, Jack Tretton also mocked Kaz Hirai with the "riiiiiidge racer" thing lol which made me lol (all in good humor of coarse)

They announced Ubisoft's game Haze & Epic/Midway Unreal Tournament will be EXCLUSIVE to the PS3 until 2008 (Q2 I believe) which was a shocker for a handful of people. And also said how Unreal Engine will be utilized to take full advantage of the PS3's hardware.

Then there was a special guest Sony flew in...Kojima himself the creator of the Metal Gear Solid series. He said that this was his last MGS game, and confirmed that it was exclusive to the PS3

Sony did go through the multiplatform games that are coming out for the PS3 this year, but they also showed there exclusive titles which out numbered microsofts exclusives (i think)

Last thing they showed was the Killzone 2 trailer which got applauded for

Out of the 3 conferences, the Sony one got the most applauses and personally I think they stole the show and "won" E3

List of conferences from best to worst

1 - Sony

2 - Microsoft

3 - Nintendo