Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Why Rap Sucks

I don't like rap. If you like rap because you can "dance" to it, that's not a very good reason. If you look up the lyrics to some of the songs you'll see that they are provocative and some are even prejudice and a lot of it is insulting to women. You can tell that rappers don't have talent in singing because they can talk fast; big deal, who cant? I mean, ask yourself, would you rather listen to: 50 Cent - Candy Shop or The Killers - Mr. Brightside

"I'll take you to the candy shop

I'll let you lick the lollipop

Go 'head girl, don't you stop

Keep going 'til you hit the spot"

Or would you rather listen to:

"I'm coming out of my cage

And I’ve been doing just fine

Gotta gotta be down

Because I want it all

It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss"

The lyrics to Mr. Brightside actually has meaning. It's not about drugs, sex, or violence.

Firstly, why do they call rap "music?" It is not music. A musician is someone who puts their heart and their soul into what he writes and you can feel the emotion; rap does not. I was watching TV the other day and one of those Ring Tone commercials came on and the guy was singing: This is why I'm not, this is why I'm hot, this is why I'm hot, what what what what. That is not music! Seriously, it sounds like they go into the studio and make some random crap off the top of their head that rhymes and walk out with a paycheck; that isn't right, come on! Secondly, ever rap song is about the same thing; it's either about getting laid or having tons of money or about being a Blood or Crip. It is so freaking pointless... They way they talk about women is just absolutely horrible and degrading. To them, a women is nothing more than a "thing" you use for sexual pleasure; that is ridiculous. The only love you hear them talking about is the love they had for "homies" that died in a gang war over something that was about nothing and it made no sense. "This guy is a Crip and I'm a Blood, I hate him: *bang bang bang*; There's no reason to that and the sad thing is that rap glorifies this stuff. You hear 50 Cent or Lloyd Banks all these stupid idiotic ghetto rats that listen to this and think it's goo and it's something to be proud of. Another thing about rap, they take jobs from true musicians. Here's a link to a guy who truly puts emotion and feeling into his song(s):

Why is rap at the top of the music charts? Just because it's over-played on the radio doesn't mean it's good; it just means that people are being paid off. Some people like Gary Lucas (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=39030250) can't get record deals because that's not what people are looking for; no one cares to listen to true, talented musicians anymore. People want to hear songs about getting laid or two girls getting it on. Another thing, "grillz" Have you seen these things? You're wearing metal over your teeth and cutting your tongue and you can't even eat with it and girls find it attractive. It's so pointless, what's the point in it? Don't call me a racist because I am bashing rap music, I am not a racist. It is not racism. I have common sense in my head unlike other people.

There are a lot of black musicians that are good: Seal, Kiss From A Rose, Brian McKnight, Back From One, Gladius McKnight; I don't know the person who wrote "A Whole New World" (the song from Aladin) but they were black or African American, whatever you want to call them. All those bands that I listed produce music, not rap. Just because you're black/African American doesn't mean that you have to be a rapper. I mean, look at Jimi Hendrix, he's black/African American and he played guitar and made a living out of it; why can't today's society of blacks/African Americans do that? Get off your ass and go get a good paying job like every one else. Stop being lazy.

Back in the 1990's, rappers were actually original and singing about real life, the pressure of their life, the pressure of the real world and everything else, you know what I mean? And then you take a look at today's rappers. All I have to say to that is What the fuck happened to rap music? All the rappers today are singing about the same damn thing. If it's not about the money, it's about the jewelry, if it's not about the jewelry, it's about "bitches," if it's not about the "bitches," it's about their car. Those are the four main things that rappers are singing about at this moment. If I were to ever listen to any modern rap, it would be Insane Clown Posse. Believe it or not, they singing about some wicked, hard core rap.

Rap music fucking sucks now. I'll say it again and again and again. Rap music fucking sucks. Their music makes them money but it is horrible, and little kids buy into it. You know what kind of kids buy into it; high school teenagers and even younger. Rap fucking ruins society. It makes the kids think that buy wearing all these big clothes and jewelry it'll make them look cool. Well guess what, no it wont, it will probably eventually get you killed one day when you're on the way to the store one day or something. All the kids think that wearing all these flashy clothes and jewelry makes them look cool; No, it doesn't. IT'S FUCKING STUPID AND I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT. It's the same fucking thing with shoes. They jack the fucking prices up for shoes, mainly Nike's, and they cost over one hundred dollars; what the fuck? The material used to make those shoes is so damn inexpensive and then retail places and companies jack the prices up and then eventually the shoes get stolen by other kids. I watched this one program on television one day and they were talking about how children are always looking up to basketball players and how children always buy their shoes. So, one day, this one famous basketball player asked a company to make a pair of shoes and make them sell for only ten dollars, and you know what, children actually bought them. It just goes to fucking show you that you don't need to jack the prices of that shit up; the only thing that will cause is more robberies and ruin society more.

And what's with blacks/African Americans calling everyone "nigga." It's so over used now in today's society that I doubt they even fucking know what it means now. It's so fucking stereotypical, too. Stop conforming to what you think is cool because you think it will give you that "cool" image. Guess what, time to open your eyes and grow up but I guess you can't do that because you're too fucking far down into this shit that you don't know any other lifestyle and so you're just going to continue what others thought was cool because you think it is cool now also. I doubt that any person like this still acts the same way once they have grown old and in fact I bet they looked back on it and thought it was foolish.

The radio is so fucking mainstream it isn't even funny. I heard the same song more than three times in one day. I'm not saying that all Rap music sucks, but more than 90% of it it does. Artists like Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS-One, Common, Talib Kweli are actually good. I don't mind listening to old school rap, because it was all different, never sounded the same, and they didn't need to use a drum machine; it was all about Disc Jokey/Turn Table scratching. It does not take talent to push buttons albeit it does take talent to WRITE YOUR OWN SONGS and play the guitar and drums.

I seriously hope you read all of this and take it into consideration.

*sigh* i agree with the part where alot of rap sucks these days. i dont like the repetitive songs like this is why im hot and shit like that. but alot of rap is good too. not just the old rap, but the modern ones we have today.

rap is a culture and i honestly think its not gonna go away, considering its a genre of music thats a "must" a most clubs and parties in america.

*sigh* i agree with the part where alot of rap sucks these days. i dont like the repetitive songs like this is why im hot and shit like that. but alot of rap is good too. not just the old rap, but the modern ones we have today.

rap is a culture and i honestly think its not gonna go away, considering its a genre of music thats a "must" a most clubs and parties in america.

I don't know look what happened to disco and funk, it was very popular back in the 70's and 80's then it died pretty fast.

I don't know look what happened to disco and funk, it was very popular at the time then it died pretty fast.

true, but they just evolved.

true, but they just evolved.

True, they sort of merged with different genres to create new ones like hip hop and techno.

I aint reading all that, But what ever you say cant make me say rap sucks.... because it dont.

OK, so continue to ignorant.

Truth, And techno and rock ,rock!

Why do you put black/African-American?

I AM WHITE.

THEY ARE BLACK.

God damn... Or They are americans.

Because saying they are African-Americans is truly profiling and assuming that the people are from Africa, not Jamacia, or Belieze, or another centeral american country.

But other than that, I completely agree, however there are a few songs that are catchy. i.e: Party Like a Rockstar.... Ooh Aah (grits) Cupid's Chokehold (original not fucked up remix one...) (Grits) But those have meanings... Well party like a rockstar doesnt but meh.

so you make a long post and you think your resoning makes sense? think again. You use a representative for rap as 50 cent? why dont you use some william hong as pop? heck he has some albums out.. if you think rappers dont have any talent then you havnt listened to enough. Heres a list of rappers that if you listen to , it might change your oppinion apon rap.

Tupac Shakur

Immortal Technique

Nas

this is just a small list but there are hundreds of underground rappers which have true meaning in their lyrics.

Underground rap.. i dont even condsider that as music, listen to The Poverty of Philosophy or The Cause of Death, or Cought in a Hustle, but Immortal Technique.

The Poverty of Philosophy

The Cause of Death

Cought in a Hustle

Oldschool origional rap.. Tupac is a legend and a major impact on the so called Gangsta Rap. Tupac was missionary, A Muslem, A relegious person. Tupac lyrics before religion was nothing but pure hatred toward prejudice kockasians who used power to demoralise women and men of afrocintricity. Tupacs music wasnt all with good resoning, yet he spoke for his kind, and stayed true to it.

Changes

Holla If You Hear me.

To rate a type of music by one or two, maybe three artists is idiotic and pure stupid. This is close enought to racisim.

Not only are you jusdging the whole genre of rap by mr. Crutis Jackson and the likes of him, yet you are naming all rap "listeners" and rap artists as wrong or in your perspective bad. Thats like saying if you dont like mac n cheese, no one else does. You know what Kenshin, your starting to get on my nerve, and luckly this is the flame section, but being as i am a respectable person, i chose different paths than those of your like. Why dont you look up some of the lyrics of

the songs i posted, look more into these artists and then back up your argument. I think you'd be surprised, theres alot of heart and sould poured into rap. Immortal Techniques music is just beutifull. You need to watch your mouth, not every one responds like i do. Someday your going to get your ass kicked, because the way you do things makes it perfetly clear on your perspective apon things, you are an ignorant child who has enough time to go make a hate thread on rap? hah. Watch your back.. or wait why dont you go to Harlem, Maybe Compton or lets say the bronx and make a public speech, i'm sure they would like to see your oppinion on things. Hope you dont die if you do that.

To finish off, i'd like to say, some rap is good, more so older but newer rap is good aswell , for example Immortal Technique is still rapping, if you dont like new rap dont listen to it, but just to let you know not all new rap is bull shit liek 50 Cent, and btw not all rappers are black...

I like ICP because it actually has a meaning behind all of it. Yeah your right though, rap sucks (not ICP) I would rather listen to Techno and in techno you can actually dance to it, I listen to rock like Face Down is an AMAZING song and so is How to Save a Life. listen to the lyrics to how to save a life.

"How To Save A Life"

Step one you say we need to talk

He walks you say sit down it's just a talk

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best

Cause after all you do know best

Try to slip past his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

The things you've told him all along

And pray to God he hears you

And pray to God he hears you

As he begins to raise his voice

You lower yours and grant him one last choice

Drive until you lose the road

Or break with the ones you've followed

He will do one of two things

He will admit to everything

Or he'll say he's just not the same

And you'll begin to wonder why you came

Whatever happened to the creativity in rap? It used to be like a form of poetry, but almost everything about rap now is repeating the title of the song hundreds of times.

Look, if you want to listen to SHITTY music as rap, go listen to goa. It sucks just like rap in every damn way. I hate rap, I hate the fact that people love it and it is a common known fact that those who listen to rap they eventually become STUPID. It is true.

Nowadays "coolness" is a derivation of the factor of stupidity. Those who are cool are usually stupid and don't care about shit. For such people is rap, because it sucks, and those who don't care about that it sucks listen to it.

Anyways, I did read that block of text. And most of it is true.

w00t!!! A FLAME THREAD I AGREE WITH!!! I HATE RAP! Im just sayin I don't like the way it sounds. and the language is also not so up there.

Nowadays "coolness" is a derivation of the factor of stupidity. Those who are cool are usually stupid and don't care about shit. For such people is rap, because it sucks, and those who don't care about that it sucks listen to it.

sigh its true.

so you make a long post and you think your resoning makes sense? think again. You use a representative for rap as 50 cent? why dont you use some william hong as pop? heck he has some albums out.. if you think rappers dont have any talent then you havnt listened to enough. Heres a list of rappers that if you listen to , it might change your oppinion apon rap.

Tupac Shakur

Immortal Technique

Nas

this is just a small list but there are hundreds of underground rappers which have true meaning in their lyrics.

Underground rap.. i dont even condsider that as music, listen to The Poverty of Philosophy or The Cause of Death, or Cought in a Hustle, but Immortal Technique.

The Poverty of Philosophy

The Cause of Death

Cought in a Hustle

Oldschool origional rap.. Tupac is a legend and a major impact on the so called Gangsta Rap. Tupac was missionary, A Muslem, A relegious person. Tupac lyrics before religion was nothing but pure hatred toward prejudice kockasians who used power to demoralise women and men of afrocintricity. Tupacs music wasnt all with good resoning, yet he spoke for his kind, and stayed true to it.

Changes

Holla If You Hear me.

To rate a type of music by one or two, maybe three artists is idiotic and pure stupid. This is close enought to racisim.

Not only are you jusdging the whole genre of rap by mr. Crutis Jackson and the likes of him, yet you are naming all rap "listeners" and rap artists as wrong or in your perspective bad. Thats like saying if you dont like mac n cheese, no one else does. You know what Kenshin, your starting to get on my nerve, and luckly this is the flame section, but being as i am a respectable person, i chose different paths than those of your like. Why dont you look up some of the lyrics of

the songs i posted, look more into these artists and then back up your argument. I think you'd be surprised, theres alot of heart and sould poured into rap. Immortal Techniques music is just beutifull. You need to watch your mouth, not every one responds like i do. Someday your going to get your ass kicked, because the way you do things makes it perfetly clear on your perspective apon things, you are an ignorant child who has enough time to go make a hate thread on rap? hah. Watch your back.. or wait why dont you go to Harlem, Maybe Compton or lets say the bronx and make a public speech, i'm sure they would like to see your oppinion on things. Hope you dont die if you do that.

To finish off, i'd like to say, some rap is good, more so older but newer rap is good aswell , for example Immortal Technique is still rapping, if you dont like new rap dont listen to it, but just to let you know not all new rap is bull shit liek 50 Cent, and btw not all rappers are black...

There are 3 things wrong with your post that I simply must point out.

1. There is almost no point in talking about less popular, underground, and or unheard of rap when trying to make a point about what people are listening to. He pointed out 50 cent obviously, because he is on TRL(on MTV) every other day, which means that a lot of people like him and that he is one of the most heard of and listened to. Thus better to make a point out of rap with, because the rap that is deep and doesn't talk about sex, drugs, and alcohol no one happens to like.

2. The major difference between William Hong and 50 cent is that 50 cent is really popular even with girls (something i don't get why the hell do girls like listening to music that refers to them as hoes) and the guy you mentioned with pop no one has heard of well at least not me or anyone I know.

3. "To rate a type of music by one or two, maybe three artists is idiotic and pure stupid. This is close enought to racisim." since when does music have anything to do with race he is just pointing out that most of the rappers are black and rap about vulgar and repulsive things. I'd bet my life that you can find at least 200 rappers who rap about sex, violence, alcohol, and drugs he was just pointing out one of the most heard of ones.

and before you try to get your point across and tell him that not everyone who likes rap is stupid you should at least go back and fix your grammar it looks ridiculous trying to tell him off and make a point when there is a bunch of stuff misspelled.

Gangster rap is the best kind of rap, Like g-unit, fifty cent, loid banks, eminem ect. If you dont like it, The just dont listen to it.

My friend made a joke about rap:

What is rap? How was it created?

One day, at some school, it was the day to do poetry, it was the retard's turn to do poetry. The retard came up and started rhyming with unclear words.

The teacher started yelling at the retard, then a black kid stood up for the retard.

The black kid liked the style of that poetry so he was like: "Oh shit, that's good and I like it, what do you call it? ... Nevermind that, let's call it RAP. Retards Attempting Poetry.". The whole school started doing it simply because they liked the style of it and how it sounds, then it spread like a contagious disease around the world.

It might be the truth, LoLz.

(Cough) G-Unit = Gay Unattractive Niggers In Thongs. Not to be rude or anything, but it's true.

Edited by DarkPlayer

This is one kids opinion

and nothing more,

I love hyphy

and i like some of rock

but some is just silly

like that emo suicide shit

or where they YELL AHHHHHHHHH in the mic... :P

and its not "random"

I can understand every single word in every rap

like i said

this is all a opinion

Gangster rap is the best kind of rap, Like g-unit, fifty cent, loid banks, eminem ect. If you dont like it, The just dont listen to it.

not really "gangster"

but yeah :)

still agree with you

funny how you quote Gunit THE FAKEST RAP IN THE FUCKIN WORLD that nigga iz a gay bitch

it funny how suberb kids care so much about it the reason u dont like it is u dont understand it and never will u will never witness something that the cops will want to know about even if u do youll prolly snitch i am not black but as a spick i have a say in it also so dont get that twisted u will never gang bang and if u say u do ur prolly a fake ass internet faggot that think he can act hard cause he got an fps 80 let me give u a list of examples of rap that ruin it: pop lock and drop it fucking homo, candy shop anything qunit u know is just garbage and basically everything you see in B.E.T it is all just gay but the shit that you havnt heard like lil wayne freestyles juelz santana freestyles and his new dipset songs the game and blackwallstreet easy e tupac biggie OLD jay z OLD mob deep wutang nwa unrepped reggaeton songs from daddy yankee and benjamins even if you do listen to it and u live in the suburbs then of course u dont get it you live in an area where ur biggest problem is wuts new at the mall SO OF COURSE U WONT LIKE A SONG ABOUT CRIPS AND BLOODS. real talk.

Edited by ReApErZ_TRiUmPH

funny how you quote Gunit THE FAKEST RAP IN THE FUCKIN WORLD that nigga iz a gay bitch

it funny how suberb kids care so much about it the reason u dont like it is u dont understand it and never will u will never witness something that the cops will want to know about even if u do youll prolly snitch i am not black but as a spick i have a say in it also so dont get that twisted u will never gang bang and if u say u do ur prolly a fake ass internet faggot that think he can act hard cause he got an fps 80 let me give u a list of examples of rap that ruin it: pop lock and drop it fucking homo, candy shop anything qunit u know is just garbage and basically everything you see in B.E.T it is all just gay but the shit that you havnt heard like lil wayne freestyles juelz santana freestyles and his new dipset songs the game and blackwallstreet easy e tupac biggie OLD jay z OLD mob deep wutang nwa unrepped reggaeton songs from daddy yankee and benjamins even if you do listen to it and u live in the suburbs then of course u dont get it you live in an area where ur biggest problem is wuts new at the mall SO OF COURSE U WONT LIKE A SONG ABOUT CRIPS AND BLOODS. real talk.

I wish google could translate this.

old skool ftw

exactly , I agree

could care less about this rap coming on these days. i guess its just what gay wiggers like.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT

Rap is not profound in any ways, that is why it sucks. Also, the fact that people wouldn't like it if it were deep shows that those who listen to it are incapable of understanding deep things, which is the result of being a stupid little bitch who doesn't know shit.

Edited by Zhuinden