Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

We Recovered!

Hello Ghoztcraft Members,

I have some good news, some annoying news and some bad news. The bad news is that 5 members, lots of posts, topics and settings have been fucked over by "MadChat" a member here at Ghoztcraft who is now banned and no longer welcome here, ever. The good news is that I had a backup, but instead of using it I choose to manually fix the database. Restoring the backup would delete about 2 weeks of posts. But thankfully, since MadChat is a complete fucking moron he didn't do any real damage and I was able to recover all the members, settings and notes.

With that said, the annoying news is that all the topics he tried to "delete" got moved to a "trash can" which means we had to move it back manually. Which, isn't that bad and thats exactly why I have loyal admins to help me get stuff done. I don't know how he got in, honestly I don't care to find out. But He banned and I made sure that all possibly ways of him getting in wont work anymore.

However, some news topics where deleted in the process by accident (oops). And so I came up with this idea of making an "Archives" section, where the old news will be, and a "News" section.

Anyway, I spent several hours doing my best to figure out how to fix this, as most people would lead me to believe its impossible to restore a deleted member! I'm now going to share my "undelete" a member tutorial with the world.

Oh, and by the way MadChat, I've got all your personal information and I'm going to report you. And if I can't you should probably change your address or your phone number. Don't fuck with me.

Also, a big help goes to poply.

Here are some of the news topics that got deleted:

I added some more Starcraft 2 Forums, everyone please start posting in them!

I added a new Profile Modification!

You can now add videos on your profile. There is a link in the top right side in your member bar under your reputation link that leads to the videos page. You can manage your added videos there. In the profile view they will be added under the "vid" (for video) tab. If you don't know how to add a video click on the help link to open a popup to the page.

Oh, and please keep in mind that all videos submitted must be approved by an admin.

So don't worry about abuse we got that covered!

Any questions please post here, and enjoy!

Hello fellow Ghoztcraft members,

We now have a new rule about Spoilers.

Spoilers

if your post contains something that will ruin a movie, book or otherwise important surprise event you must use the spoiler bbcode.

[spoiler]TEXT HERE[/spoiler]

http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/rules.html

Thanks

~Staff

You can now post youtube videos in posts. I've added some custome bbcode to work with it and its also very easy to use with the built in system in IPB. There is a menu on the post screen when you post that says "Insert Special Item", in the drop down menu you will see an option called "Insert: Youtube". Clicking this will open an ajax window allowing the user to enter the ID of the video and adding it into the post.

Example code:

[yt]S0JxT5XZmjI[yt]

Please start using this when you post topics dedicated for a youtube video!

wut if that fucking motherfucking fuck fucker nutfucking fuckinsane fucking bitch motherfucking assfucker and assfucking suxer moves into a new home? We are doomed!

lmao

if that was being spoken on TV, the people watching it would have to turn off their TV's for awhile.

i also see that the poll was wiped clean.... well nice work everything else ok were is bounder?

He probably used the new exploit that is posted on most hacking forums and is undoubtedly going to be patched soon.

kkk-cia if you could find that and give it to me or XGhozt so as i can patch it. I'll try to find it myself but if you know of it plz do assist.

What the fuck is it with you dragooner and your fucken swearing?!??! Seriously! You fucken apply for a moderator having that type of attitude and rude language. Fix that problem. Its seriously mother fucken annoying.

+rep lol!

lol I am sure gonna miss seeing those topics in the News section XD

kkk-cia if you could find that and give it to me or XGhozt so as i can patch it. I'll try to find it myself but if you know of it plz do assist.

The site I read about the exploit is no longer up, as it was hacked like 5 days ago. rofl a hacking site getting hacked. I feel bad for them. rofl

I could provide you with the url to the hacking website, but, it just redirects now to the hackers forum, to a topic saying, MAHUAAUAHAHHAHAH I > YoU.

Well, that sounds rather familiar...

Well, that sounds rather familiar...

I believe it should, as it's a starcraft related website as well. o.0

gooner is not the problem i want to know why some of the people got fucking deleted.... and why bounder is banned wtf..... that ass hole with **** so is **** thanks to me you wont see these people again well we already new mad chat was gone but another member also is gone.

If you could give me the link kkk-cia i'll use some of my magic or time machine see if i can get somthin

Meh

Dirty Douchebag > MadChat

woah, who was madchat? hes a member on my "lil" site and i never thought he would do something like that.

Just ban him now, it's not worth the future trouble.

Just ban him now, it's not worth the future trouble.

Have no worry! YOur wish has been granted!

He IS already banned

woah, who was madchat? hes a member on my "lil" site and i never thought he would do something like that.

Yeah, he has some growing up to do.

Not from Gc, I know that, I meant from DUI_'s site. Haha.

More like take a shit and phish his myspace, then take another shit and put penis' on his myspace and take another shit and fucking let some gay guy boner bash his face, then take another shit.

Aymen to that one.

Sign in to follow this