Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.

Starcraft Picture Mappter

Sign in to follow this  

About This File

Ever wondered how they made those sexy maps?

Starcraft Picture Mapper v3.0

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This program is freeware, and can be re-distributed free of charge as many times as you’d like.

It was written by Fernando Hernandez. I claim no copyright, patent, or exclusive rights of any kind to any part of this program. While I am the author of the code, I wrote this program for fun and have no intention of accepting any type of compensation for it.

The program crashes in a burning pile of code. What went wrong?

As long as you unzip the program and all of its associated files into the same folder and you leave the files there, the program should run with no problems whatsoever. If you do receive an error, please take a screen grab of it (press the print screen key, located next to the F12 key, and then paste the image in paint, saving it as a JPG) and email me ([email protected]) the screen grab as well as a short description on how the error occurred so that I try to figure out what the problem is. I will get back to you ASAP and fix any bugs that are found.

Also, this program is creating a .scx file. These files are basically compressed archives with map data inside of them. In order to compress these archives, SCPMv3.0 uses MPQ2K.exe. This utility allows for extracting and adding files to map archives. MPQ2K uses a few DLL files that StarEdit uses, so if you have StarEdit open, the program will not be able to access the files because StarEdit locks them for use. You’ll have to close StarEdit so that these files can be freed up and SCPMv3.0 can use them to make the maps.

Wow! Did you make all the “Sexy Pics” maps!? Where can I download all these maps?

Well, have made every sexy pic map after #10. The maps “Sexy Pic Part 1” through “Sexy Pic Part 10” were all made by Vangaurd. For convenience, I have put together all the sexy pic maps made by both of us on the Scag website. Be sure to check it out at http://scag.cjb.net.

So Vangaurd used your program?

No, Vangaurd used another program called BMP2SCM to make his sexy pic maps. That program is a little harder to use because you have to open up the map in StarEdit, pay attention to the colors and the coordinates, and many other small intricate details. SCPMv3.0 on the other hand, can be used by the n00biest McN00b n00b!

What picture formats is SCPMv3.0 compatible with?

SCPMv3.0 supports the GIF, JPG, and BMP image formats.

How can I contact you?

I can be reached at [email protected]. If you have AIM then feel free to send me an IM at FernandoH26 and tell me what you think of the program. I love to receive feedback on the program, so don’t be shy and let me know what you think.

OMG YOU ARE THE BEST!

Why thank you, but I’m just a regular Joe. (BTW – that’s a figure of speech, I’ve had several people actually call me “Joe” As you can tell by my email address, my name is most likely NOT Joe.... :P )

OMFG NO REALLY J00 R0xx0r!

Umm ok if you say so….

0/\/\Fg! I R34Lly M34n 1T j00 br1ng t3h pvvnz0rz w1t d4 l33tsauce and the nubc4k3z0rz! w00t w00t!

Ok now you’re scaring me.