Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Wth Fix The Site Ghozt

I'm hosting a reseller account (which means someone else can host websites with their own account). And one of the websites under the reseller account was causing a high load on the server.

So..

Host > reseller > ( account1 - account2 - account3 )

The reseller account is owned by "host" and the host is the master account, thus has access to everything. If you don't have ownership of an account you can't manage it. So, the user "reseller" owns the users account1, 2 and 3.

If account 2 is the user causing the issue, and "host" suspends it. Then since it's still owned by "reseller" then the reseller can do unsuspended account2. But if account2 is changed to the ownership of host, then "reseller" no longer has access to it.

What happened was that I disabled the account2 user, but then I fell asleep and didn't get a chance to inform the reseller what was going on, and so he unsuspended it, thus causing the high load and downtime you guys where dealing with.

Thanks for suspending/blocking him or whatever.

Any idea why his site was taking so much CPU?

Maybe you could set it up so one of the sites can never use over 50% CPU or something? So this won't happen again?

What surprised me is that i couldnt even get on.