Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Diablo 2 Patch And Downloads Update

Hola Folks,

Sorry for the lack of updates on the Diablo Aspect of the site. Res Assured you'll get some Diablo II hacks pretty soon for the newest version. Here's the patch information for the recent patches which we didn't cover.

2008-06-25_1601.png

Patch 1.12

Downloadable Installer Support

- If all required Diablo 2 '.MPQ' files are installed on the hard drive, the game will no longer require the CD to play.

For users that originally performed a 'Full Installation' and wish to run without the CD, all '.MPQ' files should be copied from the Diablo 2 CDs to the Diablo 2 directory.

Most users will only need to copy D2Music.mpq from the Diablo 2 Play CD and/or D2xMusic.mpq from the Lord of Destruction CD. Mac users will need to copy these music files and rename them to 'Diablo II Music' and 'Diablo II Expansion Music' respectively.

Anyone who did not perform a 'Full Installation' will need to re-install from CD again to ultimately play without the CD.

In this case, a 'Full Installation' is required, followed by file copy step noted above.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an incompatibility between Rosetta and OpenGL mode on Intel Mac.

It takes some serious dedication to support it with patches nearly a decade after it was first released. Sure, Diablo II is still heavily played by many people, but that’s just crazy. The new patch will definitely be enjoyed by anyone that still plays the game, as it eliminates the need to keep your CD in the drive in order to play. It is speculated that this patch marks the first steps to making the game available as a digital download via Blizzard’s online store.

Yeah like you said a little bit late, I don't like the patch that much because now im dirt poor lol

they released a new patch?

wow im glad i quit.

i remember when i got f'd over because of using mh.