Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Badass

No blend, rough cut. The concept is nice, but the process was choppy.

Look at the bottom of Edward's render; you'll see that it is flat, most likely because the render was made like that.

I'd suggest maybe some blurring/smudging, as well as some color balance in order to smooth out the transition and make them seem like they are supposed to be together.

Also, try and make a background. Fiddle with clouds, brushes, c4d's. White backgrounds are just too bland...

And, last comment would be... spice up the text. It's really boring...

P.S. It's not like i hate it... i just want to help :D Good job, btw.

Shadow thanks for ctisism but idk what you're meaning i JUST startted being halway DECENT with gimp. i am just learning how to change colors with path and thts all im doing except for some smudging and other stuff but i suck with it.

Dude, let it not discourage you. You're doing great for a newbie! :)

I'm just pointing out things that i'd do. ><

Try working with feathering/erasing/blurring. Start with the bottom of Edward, and try to make it fade out, rather than have such a sharp, flat edge. :D

Ok i did the blur thing but as for featheing, i dont see it on GIMP menu

Edited by DevL

Feathering basically is just having it fade out instead of hard, sharp edges.

Edward Elric is the guy in the middle. He's from Full Metal Alchemist... >_>

Yea well i jusr learned howto change colors with paths but idk what else i could do. anything else?

preferably something with the text or background

Edited by DevL

C4Ds are just like... 3d like objects... google images search them :D

Uh... i'd start with backgrounds. Don't even use a render for now, just take a big slab of background, and fiddle with it until you get something nice, then try it again with something completely different, until you have a good sense of different backgrounds. :D

Then you start work with renders... and text...

I would remove the bad ass and then making it bigger. Thus then I would use it as my desktop. Text are hard to fit in on somethings.

Pretty good for a graphic noob.

I mean that in a nice way.

Ok guys just to let u know i didnt MAKE the pic i just got it off internet and modded colors abd added the text. so if u thought i did some amazing assembling of characters, sorry.

VALAC!! thanks lol

Haha... i'd get a couple renders and start working on my own stuff. Modding is great and all, but the credit still goes to the original maker... :D

Start with some backgrounds. And maybe even render that image above, just for some practice.

Pretty good for a graphic noob.

I mean that in a nice way.

Your picture scares me.

And yeah remove the BadAss.