Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Can't access google/youtube

Well since 4days ago I was having trouble accessing google it took a whole 1minute to load google and 1minute to load youtube. Now today I can't access google period and youtube got worse and I can't seem to find out what the problem is, does anyone mind telling me the problem?

post-7739-1241132922_thumb.jpg

post-7739-1241132930_thumb.jpg

If you are using firefox uninstall Noscript. If you don't have noscript then it might be you accidentally blocked those sites, so go into tools internet options and make google and youtube a trusted site. gl hf dd

If that still doesn't work than your ISP is blocking those sites for some stupid reason so you have to call them up. Also a restart of your modem and computer might be a good thing to do as well.

Are you on wireless internet by any chance? It looks like some random packet loss..

Thanks zar I'll give my ISP a call +rep.

Thanks zar I'll give my ISP a call +rep.

Wait.... I said it works on my other computer :/.

Oh and also it won't work on IE8 either.

Are you on wireless internet by any chance? It looks like some random packet loss..

Excuse the triple post and yes I am on wireless.

K don't blame me blame ajax :/.

how strong is your connection??

3mb

My ISP is AT&T

Oh my wireless connection? Excellent.

try using a proxy if it works to view the site it is your isp (trust me these issues are werid) also you could do a spyware search and a virus scan, i've seen some weird viruses this could be one of them :(

Do a trace route and ping to the websites in question and post the results.

Um I didn't know how to do what XGhozt said but ruler I used a proxy and youtube and google pulled up fine.

u need to : install firefox back and add the plugins for the videos is adobe flash player if this don't work u maybe need to update your windows

doo u update your windows or the progrma firefox and IE

Yes my windows is up to date.

Is it working yet?

I probably would uninstall firefox and reinstall it if nothing else works.

Nope :P.

so they pulled up fine with the proxy? That means its your isp OR a virus is blocking them. although i cant say why they wouldn't block it other computer unless the other computer didn't have a virus (if it is that) thats weird.... but perhaps your other computer has a different browser or a different version of said browser (thats if it is your isp.)

Either way you should call your isp and tell them whats happening simply state that you cant access google or youtube but using a proxy you can access them fine. At which time they will tell you to do the obvious of "virus and spyware scan" then tell them you did and you can do the rest from there.....

Hell my isp blocked Ghoztcraft and Ghuradio for some reason, now im using a proxy to get access....

Well scanned my computer with avast and it picked up 14 "viruses" since I'm not sure if they were viruses or not I put them in the chest and I called my ISP they said virus scan, I told them I did with avast they said do it with their scanner :/. Here is what I got when I tried to ping it.

post-7739-1241221143_thumb.jpg

Does IE work for google?

Is it only firefox?