Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Installing windows on external hdd

Does any one know of a way to install windows xp home on a external hard drive? I installed it but it wont boot windows fore some shit fuck of a reason. So uhhh i was wondering if you guys knew how or knew of a tutorial on doing it or something.

Make sure you have your computer set to boot off external devices.

That and make sure that your comp can even detect these devices. And make sure it is also set so that it will boot off of the external HDD FIRST, before your comp's own HDD.

1 it supports it and i can use it

2 it detects it and everything its just when i go to boot of the external it gives me an error about windows not supporing external booting BUT i have seen many people boot off external hardrives

2 part 2 my bios is set up so i go to an OS choice menu so i can choose which i want to boot from but as stated before i get a non supporting external boot error i cant do it any more because now when i try to install it on the hardrive its having an error with the partions but i cant make a new 1 because i have some stuff on the hdd that i cant get rid of because with my connection speed its irreplaceable. >.<