Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Counter-strike Source: hl2.exe

Counter-strike Source: hl2.exe - application error

The instruction at "0X2406dd69" referenced memory at "0X010efacc." The memory could not be "read'"

Click OK to terminate the program.

this is the error message i keep getting when i want to play Counter Strike - Source. it gets to the "Loading" screen and then the screen goes black and goes back to the desktop and comes up with a windows error message, or when I've got Xfire running it comes up with an "Xfire Exception" and then it just closes. it has only been doing this since the new patch came out :/ i have tried many ways to get it to work to day, from re-installing the game ( 3 times so far ) to deleting the registry.blob file in the steam folder, but nothing is working, i have also tried to "verify the integrity of game cache" as i have heard this worked, but it didn't.

if anybody has had any similar things happen to them and you have managed to fix it please tell me so i can get to my clan and "Own" people :)

thankyou!

You always could try reinstalling the counter-strike part of steam, it may take a while but that fixed it for me. Tell me if that doesnt help. IF not then It may be an outdated version or a bug in the ststem Contact Customer support and find out.

Edited by Vozige

oh, sorry i forgot to put that down, i have tried this as well, took me over 2 hours to finally install it again but it didn't do any good :/ thank you for that though.

please if anyone has any more information i could use please tell!

did you redownload to install it or did you just install?

ahh its ok now guys I've found the problem! the "enable steam community in-game" utility found in the friends setting was malfunctioning and was causing the game to freeze and crash. its all good now though ;)

did you redownload to install it or did you just install?

i did both.

well sorry i couldnt help but im glad you got it fixed

@offtopic: HI GHOZT