Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 May Come Next Year

XP = ownage

BTW the Vista beta was available at least 5 years ago, and the current version isn't that much different from it.

And now they're saying a new Windows will be releases several more years from now.. that ends up being a pretty long time you know ;P

First of all, when Windows XP was released it wasn't that great. It was only good 2 service packs and 100 updates later, so give Vista few more years, wait for people to start using it and wait for Microsoft to fix it. Second of all, They're in competition with Apple, they just recently released a new OS, and Vista makes Leopard look good. (From the average End User's perspective)

I suspect Windows 7 will look and feel like Vista, but will have more hardware/software compatibilities a long with some nice new features and much needed enhancements hopefully stripping out the bullshit. But no way it's getting released in 09, I'm guessing we'll see a few delays.

lol does bill gates really need more money.. blah they just want more money from us...

isnt he like worth 1.9TRILLION????

give Vista few more years
WHY?

DX10 isn't even exclusive to Vista anymore, and it was the only possible excuse for getting Vista.

(Microsoft originally tried to come up with an excuse to make DX10 Vista only, to trick people into buying Vista, but nvidia failed to support it so Microsoft just backpedaled and changed their mind about it, so now there is no reason for us not to just use DX10 on XP lol.

You might be thinking of XP 64 bit version which sorry to say isn't compatible with most 32 bit programs from what I've been told.

Really? I've been using XP 64bit for years now and haven't found anything that doesn't work on it.

i dont understand.. they...they release vista......then...another os? wtf..?
Yes. A few years after they make an OS, they make another one.

They have been doing this for the last 2 or 3 DECADES now.

you do realise there was a big gap between XP and Vista..Right?Go be a smartass somewhere else.

You do realise that only happened once, out of almost a dozen times, right? Go call names (not going to sink to your level here ^^) somewhere else.

First of all, when Windows XP was released it wasn't that great. It was only good 2 service packs and 100 updates later, so give Vista few more years, wait for people to start using it and wait for Microsoft to fix it. Second of all, They're in competition with Apple, they just recently released a new OS, and Vista makes Leopard look good. (From the average End User's perspective)

I suspect Windows 7 will look and feel like Vista, but will have more hardware/software compatibilities a long with some nice new features and much needed enhancements hopefully stripping out the bullshit. But no way it's getting released in 09, I'm guessing we'll see a few delays.

Agreed.

You do realise that only happened once, out of almost a dozen times, right? Go call names (not going to sink to your level here ^^) somewhere else.

Its the reason why I didn't buy it and some how I doubt you just happen to have it.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say, but that message was (obviously) in reply to what plutomic said right above it.