Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Redvex / Netstuff Plugin Question

Need Some Insight on This. Using the Item Calculator the one that determines the chance of a "specific" item dropping from a specific monster(s)...Would it be theoretically possible to say for instance I need Tryeals Might for example, Using redvex as well as netstuff, for telling the client to increase the chance of dropping it based on a lower MF or just merely INCREASING the chance of it. Or would/could that be done with I dunno an mpq and a few ini files and possibly using packet methods as well?

Whats Im trying to say is simple.

Say for instance Baal in Hell Mode has a 0.0003 chance of dropping with an MF count of say for instance 150 mf points (not exact figures, just examples).

Using packet sending/blocking/spoofing etc, could i manipulate the server into thinking instead of a 0.0003 chance of finding it, it could be 0.9? basically spoof it from 0.0003 to 0.9 AT say 10% MF?

This would probably not work without what im guessing a client side alteration (altering mpq's), combo'd with packet sending...

Just need to know if its possible be4 I waste my time attempting it....

Thanks in Advance.

edit:removed the thread move request

Edited by Nova

What game is this???

Diablo 2: LOD CLosed Battlenet V. 1.11b

Moved to Diablo 2 forums

--- - - - --- - - - -

Anyway, I've never actually tried that before. You should just try it and see if it works. I don't think it would work, however, but I'm not sure how you would test it to confirm either.

ahhh IC, now by which mpq should I view/extract? or maybe should i just try to discover the corresponding packet responsible for determining the monsters item drop ratio's, as well as maybe the mf. I do believe the MF aspect to be of a possibility, for there is a redvex plugin that allows you to spoof your mf.

EDIT: question is not directed towards ya ghozt, didn't read your last part of sentence, Im sure someone with some knowledge on this could probably make some info more available.

Not many people play d2 on this site and if some of them i dont think they've tried to do this. my suggestion for you is try an other site or like XGhozt said try it on your own if you havnt alrdy