Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Offical Ghoztcraft Debate Thread!

Ok, this is a new idea I just made up. For everyone who loves debating and arguing this is the place for it. Here you can express your opinion on things to the fullest, while discussing it in a peaceful and appropriate manner. I am putting this in The Lounge for a reason, so people aren't tempted to flame, and/or respond in an inadequate manner. So please keep it PROFESSIONAL. These are just friendly discussions. Anyways here are some guidelines by which you can make your post by.

GUIDELINES (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

-NO FLAMING//DISRESPECTING OTHERS (Unless otherwise stated, there will be exceptions)

-Proper Spelling and Grammar is a must (I know some of us aren't natural born English speakers, but there is no excuse for poor spelling, especially if you are using Firefox, it may take a while but you want to look professional right?)

-Responses should be SUPPORTED with proper evidence and back-up. In other words if you say something, you need to back it up, if you don't it will be invalidated.

-World statistics, or other type of worldly data needs to be supported with proper sources when available. In other words if you are stating something that has to do with matters unknown to most, you need to provide a link of where you found your information. WIKIPEDIA IS NOT CONSIDER AN APPROPRIATE SOURCE, BECAUSE YOU COULD OF EDITED IT 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOU MADE YOUR POST.

Example: "Cheese is nutritious food made mostly from the milk of cows but also other mammals, including sheep, goats, buffalo, reindeer, camels and yaks." Source

-Everyone needs to discuss the topic that was started first. In other words you can't just make up a new topic while the last one is still being discussed. The only way to start a new topic is if the ORIGINAL creator of the old topic says it's okay to start a new one.

-You can only start a new topic ONCE, until everyone else who wanted to start one has done so. In other words you can't go twice in a row or just budge other people who want to start one. You need to wait for everyone else to go first, UNLESS you are let by the majority to start a new one.

-All your responses should be backed up with the appropriate data as mentioned above, you can't just post EMPTY statements.

Example:

"THIS IS STUPID, YOU ARE WRONG."

Posts like those will be ignored.

-When arguing with someone else, you need to COVER ALL THEIR POINTS THAT THEY HAVE MADE INTO THEIR ARGUMENT. So in other words you can't just hit "quote+reply" and cover just 10% of their post. You need to cover their WHOLE POST, if you quoted the whole thing. The only way to cover just part of a post is if you quote only that part.

Example: POST -

"This is blah blah blah, because blah blah blah. And that is blah blah blah, because blah blah blah.

" When you reply to this you need to cover ALL parts of this post unless you quote only a certain part for it. For example you can do this -

This is blah blah blah, because blah blah blah

*RESPONSE GOES HERE* That way you are only responding to that part of the post.

-Yeah enjoy this thread, and please post any SUGGESTIONS or any other type of information I should include in the guidelines. Let's make this a fun place to be.

Okay I think we are now ready to begin. So remember to read all the guidelines before you post. Anyways let's start. I will begin with something personal. IN THIS TOPIC IT'S OKAY TO FLAME BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE IT IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER, YOU CAN'T JUST ACT LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD.

Topic #1: NamelessOne666 is a faggot.

Um that's what the serious discussion board is for . . .

Discuss.

Yes, but this is not 100% serious, and flames are allowed here on certain topics. Plus it will be all organized into one big thread. But regardless of that, this is off-topic. Can you please post on-topic and discuss the first topic that I mentioned in my first post.

EDIT: And this is more of a debate thread, not a discussion thread. :ph34r: So in here it's like a total war but in a professional coherent manner, not just a little kid talk discussion :o

NamelessOne666 is a faggot.

What's there to discuss? It sounds like you are coming out. I want to tell you something though, and I quote "Bisexuality doubles your chances of a date on a Saturday night." Woody Allen.

Good luck with this one, faggot.

Edited by Zar

I don't think I understand.

I quite understand, he wants us to flame or discuss without typing the expression "stupid doodoohead" and the like, that are made for people who cannot express what they truly want just rather type something stupid that sounds "insulting" even though it's just pathetic and hilarious as a "flame".

I must quite agree, you truly are quite a faggot. I don't really see why you expect everyone to write with perfect spelling, it's not like typing "effecient" will make the world a worse place. Thanks for correcting, but you don't have to be an ass about it. At least I don't type "tomarrow I wil b @ hom wit ma homiez", really. I'm foreign and for some reason the spell checker doesn't work, give me a break.

Though you made a thread based on quite a nice idea, considering this is what the forum would need. I hope people will be able to act according to it and have the battle of the century in a civilized manner.

I quite understand, he wants us to flame or discuss without typing the expression "stupid doodoohead" and the like, that are made for people who cannot express what they truly want just rather type something stupid that sounds "insulting" even though it's just pathetic and hilarious as a "flame".

I must quite agree, you truly are quite a faggot. I don't really see why you expect everyone to write with perfect spelling, it's not like typing "effecient" will make the world a worse place. Thanks for correcting, but you don't have to be an ass about it. At least I don't type "tomarrow I wil b @ hom wit ma homiez", really. I'm foreign and for some reason the spell checker doesn't work, give me a break.

Though you made a thread based on quite a nice idea, considering this is what the forum would need. I hope people will be able to act according to it and have the battle of the century in a civilized manner.

There we go. Finally someone understood what the purpose of this thread is. Now let's get this show started. :jester:

I must quite agree, you truly are quite a faggot.
Nice!! For someone who has never had a girlfriend you really know what to say to people don't you? Maybe when you turn 40 and finally get one, will this statement be considered valid.

I don't really see why you expect everyone to write with perfect spelling, it's not like typing "effecient" will make the world a worse place.

Oh yes it will. By making the world have a perfect spelling, it will accelerate the rate of knowledge being passed on to future generations, and it will also speed up the process of language learning, thus making it a lot more competitive when writing an essay, or arguing over the internet.

Thanks for correcting, but you don't have to be an ass about it.
That was back in the flame board, I have yet to correct you on your spelling outside the flame board. So until I do your argument has been rendered invalid.

At least I don't type "tomarrow I wil b @ hom wit ma homiez", really.

I think we have a thread for that...

And I was right: http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/Gangsta-Talk-t16631.html

I'm foreign and for some reason the spell checker doesn't work, give me a break.
I am sorry dood?! Firefox spell checker not working for you?? Then use google!!

Do you know what I do when I don't know how to spell a word? Here I'll tell you what I do!

I go on www.google.com and I type in the word the way I think it's spelled, and google shows me the correct spelling of it. I do this for at least 5-10 words per post. Yes it takes me a while, but I don't complain about it. And I am pretty sure this method will work for you, despite you being foreign and all that good stuff.

Thank you, I hope people will act in an appropriate manner too. Now let's keep going with our little argument. I will be awaiting your next response. :icon_rr:

I don't like the idea of the starter of a topic being able to choose when his/her topic should end.

What if they decide not to end it? And am I allowed to respond to your post, since it's between you and Zhuinden?

Why have one scrunched together topic? I recommend we get a sub board within serious discussion for debates / arguments. Also, I have to say that if you want to have a real debate, flaming should not be encouraged, no matter what the situation. It is an IMMATURE means of communication.

In fact, I will go message XGhozt with this idea right now.

I don't like the idea of the starter of a topic being able to choose when his/her topic should end.

What if they decide not to end it? And am I allowed to respond to your post, since it's between you and Zhuinden?

What if they decide not to end it?

Hmm I didn't think of that, but this thread is in it's beginning stages, so more guidelines might have to be added sooner or later.

And the person doesn't have to end the topic for a new one to start BUT the topic before that needs to be RESOLVED // OVER WITH, for a new topic to start.

And am I allowed to respond to your post, since it's between you and Zhuinden?

You can respond to any post you like in the thread, but you need to quote the exact part of the post that you want to respond to. Kind of what I am doing right now. AND provide an appropriate come back to it too, if your post seems inadequate it will be IGNORED.

Why have one scrunched together topic? I recommend we get a sub board within serious discussion for debates / arguments. Also, I have to say that if you want to have a real debate, flaming should not be encouraged, no matter what the situation.

Why have one scrunched together topic? I recommend we get a sub board within serious discussion for debates / arguments
Hmm this actually doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, but until this is done, this thread will work.

Also, I have to say that if you want to have a real debate, flaming should not be encouraged, no matter what the situation.

I feel that flaming to some degree is appropriate in a REAL debate. NOT straight-out flaming, but using curse words where they belong // feel appropriate at. This is why I put this in The Lounge, I feel some MILD // MATURE flaming is what makes a real debate real.

Do your thing.

This is what the serious discussion section is for, we don't need a subsection..

I must quite agree, you truly are quite a faggot.
Nice!! For someone who has never had a girlfriend you really know what to say to people don't you? Maybe when you turn 40 and finally get one, will this statement be considered valid.

I don't see why he would need a girlfriend just to simply agree with your opinion/topic.

I don't really see why you expect everyone to write with perfect spelling, it's not like typing "effecient" will make the world a worse place.
Oh yes it will. By making the world have a perfect spelling, it will accelerate the rate of knowledge being passed on to future generations, and it will also speed up the process of language learning, thus making it a lot more competitive when writing an essay, or arguing over the internet.

Huh? This one confuses me. He said "it's not like typing 'efficient' will make the world a worse place" and you responded "Oh yes it will." So are you saying that the more we type efficiently the worse of a world it will be?

Thanks for correcting, but you don't have to be an ass about it.
That was back in the flame board, I have yet to correct you on your spelling outside the flame board. So until I do your argument has been rendered invalid.

He could have meant correcting spelling in general, not just the general chat. You could kindly point out that some of his grammar/spelling is wrong. Here is what you said:

Wow....you would think people would use FireFox's spellchecker before they submit a post...

neccesarily=necessarily

omnigod=omni-god

effeciently=efficiently

When correcting spelling/grammar, especially on a forum as widespread as this, you should think about all the options. Do they even use FireFox? Are they foreign? And anyways, sometime FireFox's spell checker picks up words that are "made-up", so I tend to ignore it.

At least I don't type "tomarrow I wil b @ hom wit ma homiez", really.

I think we have a thread for that...

And I was right: http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/Gangsta-Talk-t16631.html

He didn't say he wanted to type like that. He's saying that he tries to be decent on his spelling.

I'm foreign and for some reason the spell checker doesn't work, give me a break.
I am sorry dood?! Firefox spell checker not working for you?? Then use google!!

Do you know what I do when I don't know how to spell a word? Here I'll tell you what I do!

I go on www.google.com and I type in the word the way I think it's spelled, and google shows me the correct spelling of it. I do this for at least 5-10 words per post. Yes it takes me a while, but I don't complain about it. And I am pretty sure this method will work for you, despite you being foreign and all that good stuff.

Ewww not everybody has all the time in the world to go google every word that they don't know. It doesn't even matter if they get a couple of words spelled wrong, nobody should care.

Thank you, I hope people will act in an appropriate manner too. Now let's keep going with our little argument. I will be awaiting your next response. :icon_rr:

I'm sure most of the people can handle the non-flaming. I haven't seen much flame outside the flame board anyways.

This is what the serious discussion section is for, we don't need a subsection..

Debates and having a serious discussion are two very different things. Right now, we are debating on weather or not to have it, rather than discussing the usefulness of it. I really think It would be a great addition to the website.

Rdy2Killz, can you please separate your responses from Zhuinden's and my responses. You mixed up 3 responses at once so that makes your post VERY HARD to understand. So until you do that I will ignore it. Posts in this thread need to be EASY to understand. I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out what you wrote.

NEW TOPIC FOR DEBATE:

Does anyone else think that having a sub board would be useful?

NEW TOPIC FOR DEBATE:

Yes, I think we need a sub board for that. I also think we need a new thread will a poll for that. Do you want to start a new thread on it, or should I do it instead?

NEW TOPIC FOR DEBATE:

Yes, I think we need a sub board for that. I also think we need a new thread will a poll for that. Do you want to start a new thread on it, or should I do it instead?

I agree with the new thread / poll, and I will make it. Hold on a second.

Is there any reason we can't just use the serious discussion section?

Yes, except that the Serious Discussion hasn't been functioning for debates in the last 8 months, rather than discussing the leakage of zDrophack, Linux and other operational systems and tech support stuff and laptops, and also some spam. I believe that you should make a subsection only so all of the aged rubbish wouldn't bother the people in debating.

I'm sure most of the people can handle the non-flaming. I haven't seen much flame outside the flame board anyways.

I personally haven't seen flames that qualified as flames in the Flame Board in a while either. So who knows, maybe we'd be fine with it?

And am I allowed to respond to your post, since it's between you and Zhuinden?

Sure you can, the topic at the moment is about him being a fukken faggot, not that he's a dickfacet when he is being a grammar nazi against me, especially because I don't really mess up the grammar as far as I know.

I do this for at least 5-10 words per post. Yes it takes me a while, but I don't complain about it. And I am pretty sure this method will work for you, despite you being foreign and all that good stuff.

To me, it doesn't really seem to be worth it. My spelling isn't worth that much, and I don't really know what I should check in Google in the first place. I thought effecient was effecient. At least it's just a spelling error and not a grammatical error (then/than, your/you're). Those are more annoying, don't you agree?

I always mix up my then/thans. TT_TT

I do this for at least 5-10 words per post. Yes it takes me a while, but I don't complain about it. And I am pretty sure this method will work for you, despite you being foreign and all that good stuff.

To me, it doesn't really seem to be worth it. My spelling isn't worth that much, and I don't really know what I should check in Google in the first place. I thought effecient was effecient. At least it's just a spelling error and not a grammatical error (then/than, your/you're). Those are more annoying, don't you agree?

It seems to me that you ran out of points to talk about. And yes it is worth it. Sometimes it takes me half an hour to an hour to just come up with one post. So yeah since you only attacked one of my points (I had like 5 more), and can't come up with better ones, I won this debate. You lost. GG.

I won this debate. You lost. GG.

I don't even care as much about winning or losing, you know. I'm just debating for the fun, it's not the wargames.

I won this debate. You lost. GG.

I don't even care as much about winning or losing, you know. I'm just debating for the fun, it's not the wargames.

For me everything is war. Even playing a regular game of StarCraft is an all-out war for me. :ph34r:

That is exactly what I thought and said.

Topic: Missing namelessone :(.