Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Debate Sub Board?

Debate Sub Board  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Debate Sub Board under Serious Discussions?

• Yes
    • No

Now you're argument is about the content being created in the serious discussion section. Which the reason those topic aren't about debates is simply because people chose to not make topics about debating something not because the serious discussion section wasn't an appropriate section for it.

Exactly my point. The Serious Discussion is an appropriate section to hear people's opinions and give advice to others based on one's personal experience. This is why the debate section should be a sub board, because it really is somewhat part of Serious Discussion, however it requires it's own section to avoid getting crowded with other topics, and to have it's own set of rules and formats to follow. Also, I am not changing my argument, I am just adding more reasons on why it should be it's own sub forum.

Listen, we can argue this all day. The way I see it, the easiest thing is to make the board, and have a trial-error sort of thing. I have supplied many reasons, and showed how it makes our board look more organized, and shows off the pure maturity of our members that choose to debate the subject. The only reason I have herd from the other side of the debate is that we already have a section that is [somewhat] suitable for debates, and a dead board would look bad for our website.

Did this thread just die?? It was pretty heated a half an hour ago lol.

Listen, we can argue this all day. The way I see it, the easiest thing is to make the board, and have a trial-error sort of thing. I have supplied many reasons, and showed how it makes our board look more organized, and shows off the pure maturity of our members that choose to debate the subject. The only reason I have herd from the other side of the debate is that we already have a section that is [somewhat] suitable for debates, and a dead board would look bad for our website. I will personally look out for the board, give it rules, structure, and moderate it thoroughly so it does not die.

Make your choice, but please base it off the polls and the many positives it can bring to the Ghoztcraft.

That is my final thought on the subject.

Can I hear a topic that would EXCLUSIVELY only belong in the debate section? One that would not fit into serious discussion.

Can I hear a topic that would EXCLUSIVELY only belong in the debate section? One that would not fit into serious discussion.

There is not one. You have me there, debates are forms of Serious Discussions. That is why it should be a sub forum, and not a forum all by itself. However, that is not what I am arguing. I view that the system we have for debates is unorganized, and inefficient.

Topic: Poply

There is not one. You have me there, debates are forms of Serious Discussions. That is why it should be a sub forum, and not a forum all by itself. However, that is not what I am arguing. I view that the system we have for debates is unorganized, and inefficient.

I really don't think the serious discussion section is active enough to warrant a subsection. Regardless, I'd like to wait for several other members to come online and give their feedback and thoughts.

Whether Obama is really fit for president?

This always gets people heated up. They may get overboard with tempers.

Not saying I don't like Obama.

I really don't think the serious discussion section is active enough to warrant a subsection. Regardless, I'd like to wait for several other members to come online and give their feedback and thoughts.

Agreed. You, Nameless, and I should not post in here until other members reply.

Is it really that hard to create? It's a subforum, we have tens of thousands of dead subforums. And this one would actually function for a while.

I wouldn't care if we had a new thread but it seems some what pointless. You can have a serious debate in the regular serious discussion topic that's why I'm voting no.

There are already hundreds of threads in the Serious Discussion forums that are just debates. In fact, half the threads on this site, included this one, are debates! We don't need one giant debate section. If you want to debate something about a game, then make a topic in that section. And if you want to debate about something with a "serious" tone, then do it in the "Serious Discussions" section. In fact, I'll just go rename the forum to "Serious Discussions, and Debates" if it helps all of you sleep at night.

:rtfm:

How about Serious Topics? Serious Discussions and Debates is too lengthy.

BUT I'M SUPER SUPER CEREAL!

After reading all this (which took forever!) I am voting no. We don't need another section in the serious discussion forums area of the site. If you want to debate or discuss something in a serious tone or even vote seriously, the Serious Discussion area of the site already covers it.

If you truly believe so, then clear the Serious Discussions section out as well and get rid of the tech support in it.

What?

Well some serious discussion are debatish but none of them are active.

Agreed. Seems like this topic had a turn around in the polls