Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Computer cpu

eh yeah does ne1 know what's causing this ? everytime i start up my computer its cpu usage runs to 100% and takes me 10 min to open firefox and if i try and open a program it takes about 15-30 min to open.

This just happend today its cpu usage has been at 100% all day ive restarted and everything but it still does it.

About to shove comp out the window everytime i open a program it says not responding and a few min later it will work but for a very short time

untitled.jpg

Open Task Manager and see what's using the most CPU, if it's System Idle Process, I don't know what to tell you but if it some of the things under your name you can probably end them. Careful though. Don't end things unless you know what they are.

I don't see an image.

Edit: Nevermind I do, one second.

-Try and get a screen of your processes, mainly the ones under your name.

kk i see 1 program thats using cpu its using 99 cpu... it's called RPS.exe .... it's under my name is that normal?

Do you know of any programs on your computer that correspond with the letters R P and S, kind of like Quicktime would be, Qttask.exe.

i tried google searching it and its a virus scanner thing or trojan attempt i saw those words then i froze.. got pissed and Canceled the RPS thing now my cpu is back at like 7% o.0....wonder that was prob a trojan or something i guess.... Gonna try n google search it now

Also if you find out that was a problem, first off if you're going to be restarting, go to:

Start>Run Then type in 'msconfig' no quotes, and go to startup and see if RPS is in there, if so uncheck it and apply. Then after that if you restart for whatever reason, just tell the box that pops up not to anymore, and try and get rid of RPS manually.

Your welcome :). It's a pleasure being able to help someone with something I actually know a bit about haha.

Anti-virus will fix it... i use norton

yeh it was my anti virus causing the problem, my high speed came with this bell anti virus. i just stopped bell from running its anti virus on startup and deleted it, comp works fine now back with AVG

Hah, I installed Kaspersky, and it greatly affected my beasts.. I mean computers performance. So I got rid of it.

Anti-virus will fix it... i use norton

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry but Norton sucks more every year. You should change.

I mean its a great anti virus program

but it EATS your computer..

Once i uninstalled it my computer started up 2 minutes faster

Trend Micro FTW

Norton sucks. NOD32 ftw.

Related to ntlworld_Netguard Anti-virus a package of services, specifically designed to keep you safe and secure with their online services.

Actually, i've had this problem before, and it wasn't because of a virus/trojan.

In fact, it was norton that took up 99% of my cpu all the time, and also another time it was scvhost.exe, which is how your computer connects to the internet. I had to uninstall norton to get rid of the first one, and then restart to get rid of scvhost.exe.