Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

How To Clear Your Memory Without Restart

If you run a windows computer you’ll know like many others than after a while your system will in doubt start running slow. Most people will restart their computer to remove and idle processes. But if there’s a simpler way, why restart every time windows decides it doesn’t like you today?

1. Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and select New - Shortcut.

2. Type %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks in the box.

3. Click Next.

4. Give your shortcut a nice name like “Clear Memory”.

5. Click Finish and you’re done.

Now whenever your computer starts running slow click this shortcut to clear out your memory and get your computer running at a normal pace again.

Source: http://www.spence.nu/blog/?m=200707

So we just need set a schedualed task to run every minit and windows will only use like 7/8's of my ram yay!

Jokes aside this seems useful, now how would you flush your ram completely making the loaded programs freak out and have to scramble data from the drive :)

Yeah, I noticed it did that. I'm not sure, but either way this works sometimes. It's still good to reboot your computer every now and then.