Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Banner Request

Me and my friend created a private server for a game called MapleStory and we have a pretty active in game community. We have a website and all but the website seriously sucks because my friend made it with some lame tool the site's host gave him. So he asked me to create the site for him and I'm using dreamweaver, the problem is I suck at photoshop and can't create a banner. If anyone is kind of enough to create a banner for me that is related to MapleStory I would be grateful. :D I will also give rep if anyone wants it, unfortunately i can't give much more. :(

I'm not sure what the dimensions are or should be. o.o

The banner can be about maplestory or a bunch of colors or other fancy objects.

The server is called MapleGenesis and i think it should be kind of bright colored? or something related to the book of genesis.

who ever take on this request i thank thee.

here are some samples banners from other servers

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/Ice...betatestrb4.png

http://i36.tinypic.com/6fsjl4.png

i think those are enough as an example.

thanks again.

i'll look into it...

however, i'll need the width... generally the height doesn't matter as much, but the width determines whether or not it fits snugly on the page...

hey there thanks for responding here is the image im working around and its the basic banner of the site so far

hey there thanks for responding here is the image im working around and its the basic banner of the site so far

woops uploaded it twice. if you can, can you please make the top left say MapleGenesis

post-45-1216872830_thumb.jpg

post-45-1216872851_thumb.jpg

i'm assuming you're the one hosting maplegenesis.com because i see you on the forums there.

anyways, i don't really have any base images from maplestory, and i deleted it a while ago... wanna send me some good background screenies or something?

(i can do the 700x200 on the homepage as well)

and you just want me to do the text?

uh... okay...? :D

i'll keep a tab on it. anyways, i've got to go to sleep right now... tired as fuck.

im not the one hosting the server im co owner and i have acess to the servr and database and all. this is a sample banner i hope this sparks some ideas ^.^

top.jpg

:D It's a private server?

yes its a private server pretty active community to 30-50 people usually on which is quite large for a maplestory private server ill give you guys the website once i finish doing some more tweaking.

Well uh, when you find out what you need, just post it here. I also don't have ANY maplestory related images...

well for now im hosting the site off my comp connect to the site by going typing this in ur browser.

http://71.93.230.172/ <---thats the test site im running on my comp as an example for u.

if you can on one of the sites of the banner in like cartoony text. say

100x exp

500x mesos

10x drop

and here is a image i like if you can like insert it into the banner or not o.o

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3487/maplestory3gy.png

yea i suck at requesting stuff o.o and describing sorry :D

500x Mesos damn... >_>

and 100x EXP lol

At least it's less grinding. :)

Well, i'll take a crack at it... i might even try placing the text in the same spots and redoing the whole thing instead of using the template.

And i can't use that image, it's like blurred in, too hard to render... or at least i'm too lazy :D

So, i'm gonna grab some wallpapers off of mapleglobal for some source images. This is gonna be interesting.

if you can leave it so the bottons are still there or something or if you create a template with the buttons in the same spot because the site is basically done just needs the banner o.o

you will be surprise people complain about 100x exp some say its to low and want like 1000x or even 10000x or even higher. o.o

Lol... even though it's already 100x times faster than the original >_>

Btw i'm working on it right now. :D

I think I'll have a go at it. Tomorrow though. >.>

MapleBanner.jpg

Hm... how's that? >_>

(Attached is optimized for websites. Around 100KB vs 1MB. The one above is the 1MB version.)

post-93-1216952505_thumb.jpg

Sure, just post up another request or PM me if you need anything else. :D

:o That's tighttt! Hey Shadow, where do I put downloaded fonts?

.ttl files go straight into your font folder. they'll install themselves. :o

dafont.com for good fonts.

Wait, there's one giant folder of fonts for photoshop, paint, word, notepad all combined???

Yup. Check your control panel. There should be a font folder. :o

Shadow, do you have the .pst file? I wanna look at it.