Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Touhou

Touhou Wiki

The Touhou Project is a series of 2D (with 3D background) vertically-scrolling danmaku shooting games made by Team Shanghai Alice, with two fighting game spinoffs co-produced with Tasogare Frontier. They are similar to regular shooting games, but focus more on weaving through complex patterns containing anywhere from dozens to hundreds of bullets. Every game in the Touhou series is set in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, and the series is known for its huge cast of characters, well-developed storylines, and related materials such as music CDs and fan-made comics.

Review: Crazy, insane, intense, impossible game weird but fun.

Preview:

Get here.

Dont know how to get 1-5 versions to work but imperishable night works just by extract and run.

Game supposedly has english patches out, i couldnt find any for 08 imp night tho, so its mostly japanese, music is kickass :).

spell cards are these weird things you can capture during spell practice i think, i really dont know much about this game, its pretty fun tho if you like retro arcade 2d vertical scrolling shooter type stuff, which i do, and this game takes the cake on difficulty and depth.

In spell practice mode, you can challenge any boss in any spell cards in any difficulty. The main objective is to defeat the boss without getting hit and without using any bombs to clear out the screen from bullets attacking you. Do it successfully, and you capture their spell card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLqUEI5b1ps

meh

included in this torrent are:::

weird touhou 1-5 versions (i dont play them their old and to retro for me)

Perfect cherry blossom (PCB) basic curtain shmup style

Imperishable Night (IN) - most in depth touhou game complete with over 100 cards to catch

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (EoSD) same as pcb

Phantasmogoria of Flower View (PoFV) different playing style in which you compete with an Ai opponent similair to yourself in vert split screen while trying to outlast them and shooting spells at him.

and other weird ones, but those are the main ones.

Shoot The Bullet (StB)

Card Info - to "catch" an opponent boss's spell card you have to drain his health bar before the time runs out, and you cant die or use a bomb.

terminology:

grazing: dodging a bullet or closely dodging a bullet (George bush proved he knew how to graze when he got that shoe thrown at him, that was pro stat.)

bombing: using a bomb in order to save yourself.

characters: each team consists of a human and a youkai which is like a spirit or familiar. the borders team is the first one thats in red has reimu, 2nd team is the witch Marisa and her youkai, 3rd is scarlet devil team has sakuya, fourth team is Ghost team has youmu.

there are lots of fanfictions so it helps to know their names : 3

also ppl some times refer to characters as MarisaA or marisaB after their name to demonstraight which attack set their using (IN doesnt have that option)

That is awesome. Thanks anime_freak!

The music is kick-ass, and Lunatic difficulty is for lunatics.

Wow this looks kickass. I'll defiantly check it out.

This is pretty hard.... but I can't stop playing it.....

I'm taking this to computer repair tomorrow!

This is pretty hard.... but I can't stop playing it.....

I'm taking this to computer repair tomorrow!

lol i know i cant even beat easy mode without using continues... on any of them -.-

if you want hard try extra start XDDD

What gets me is all the colors....

I do good for a bit, then I get all memorized and trip out and die D:

yeah colors get me to especially the patterns, i look up and be all like woah that looks awe- OH SHII-

i forgot to post controls :o

CONTROLS: z - fire, x - bomb, shift - slow down/focus fire/shows hitbox, ctrl - fast skip chat scenes, esc - pause the game, arrow keys - move

I am going to start playing tomorrow with my new laptop! Thanks for showing us this animefreak!

oh and if this isnt hard enough for you, you can look into getting mushihime

I can do some lunatic now!

emphasis on some?, can you actually kill bosses on it though?

Yeah. I mean I use continues but I got through like 5 levels I think.

o.o do you just graze on spot improv like? or do you memorize the patterns and remember the safe places to go each time?

uhhh.

I just look at where the bullets are coming from and dodge them while trying to stay on that little enemy indicator thing.

and the occasional bomb when I don't think I can graze out of it.

Hmm..reminds me of Super Nintendo.

I downloaded Imperishable Night and I love game so far. I've only played the first three levels, but the game is ridiculously addictive and difficult. The music is also amazing and fits in perfectly with the game.