Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Scenario Plugin

I've been working on a "plug in" system for UMS games and it seems to be working fairly well. Think of it as extending Starcraft's functionality when it comes to advanced triggering systems. Right now, since I am still building and testing it, it can give upgrades to any player, it can take them away, and it can run triggers based upon the amount of kills a player has. I am also working on having it set switches as well which can get a bit tricky since all of Starcraft's switches are controlled by a single byte which was actually smart of them. I've already created a test bit to switch converter and it works wonderfully, I just need to incorporate it into the main plug in system in order for switch toggling to take effect. I'll be posting a little demo of the program this weekend, just to see what you guys think of it so far. Eventually, I want this thing to be able to run off of scripting, particularly VBScript since it's already kinda built into Visual basic. I am already thinking of creating it's own script editor allowing you to be able to easily create additional triggers for the plug in.

That sounds pretty awesome. I hope it will work!

Oh it does work, and it works rather well at that. Just earlier today I was collecting more data on the research techs, and adding those in. I still need to add more of them in, however it will soon be able to give and take research abilities, as well as enable and disable the availability of them. There's so many conditionals and actions that I need to add, it's a very nice looking project :)

That sounds sooo awesome