Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Something you should know...

Now I know that this is for Greenville, SC... But just keep in mind of personal sanitation and watch what you do. You never want to get sick with this bug... Trust me.

Here is an email I received at school.

INFLUENZA: Redfern treating widespread cases

South Carolina and Clemson University are experiencing widespread cases of seasonal influenza. In the past few weeks, the Redfern Health Center staff has seen a dramatic increase in the number of students with flu-like symptoms that include muscle aches, fever and chills, headache, dry cough and weakness. The current wave of influenza illness is expected to last for the next two to three weeks at the present level and will gradually taper off in the following weeks.

Prevention is the best way to avoid catching the flu. The single best preventive measure is to get the flu vaccine before the virus arrives in the area. Practicing good health habits are effective in preventing respiratory illnesses such as the flu. These include avoiding close contact with people who are sick, regular hand washing or use of hand sanitizers, covering coughs, and keeping hands away from nose, mouth and eyes.

Further information and advice about seasonal influenza is available on the Redfern Health Center Web page at:

http://www.clemson.edu/studentaffairs/redf...sources/flu.php

Persons who are sick with the flu should see their medical practitioner for treatment advice. Antiviral drugs are available for treatment of the flu. If taken within two days of getting sick, these drugs can reduce the symptoms of the flu and shorten the time you are sick by one or two days. They also can make you less contagious to others. All of these drugs must be prescribed by a doctor or nurse practitioner and taken for five days.

And for the skeptics wyff (our local news channel) has reported on it too: http://www.wyff4.com/news/18812895/detail.html#-

I think everyone including myself has this. My voice has been gone for a while and I've had this outlasting cough that will not go away. I've been drinking a TUN of Vitamin C and water. So I haven't felt too sick to function normally. Perhaps it's not this, I don't know.

I'm starting to get sick to :P

I don't know. I just know I have it. And it sucks.

I'd rather have that then when just went through my place. We all got viral and bacterial Streptoccal pharyngitis (strep throat.)

Signs and symptoms may include:

* Sudden and severe sore throat

* Inflamed tonsils

* Yellow and white patches in the throat

* Difficulty swallowing

* Tender cervical lymphadenopathy

* Fever

* Headache (often prior to other symptoms)

* General discomfort, feeling ill or uneasy

* Halitosis

* Abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting

* Rash[2]

* Hives

* Chills

* Loss of appetite

* Ear pain

* Peeling of skin on hands and feet

Additional symptoms such as sinusitis, vaginitis, or impetigo be present if the strep bacteria infects both the throat and a secondary location.

Yeah I hate being sick. I think everyone does.

I was sick for 6 days in a row,now it's a cough that can't die --..--