Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Chevelle SS, restoration.

Ummm.. No...

If I want to go the power route I can buy a e36 for about 6-8k throw out the tranny and the engine.

LS1 and t56 for about 3.5k

and get it installed.

and IF, IF thats I would want more power, which i probably wouldnt for a daily driver, a 3000 pound shell pushing about 400 hp.

I could slap on a turbo and easily push out 500's and If i go insane I can twin turbo.

find out how much the 99 m3 cost brand new when it hit the states.

So compare those prices to the prices of decent e36s now.

and with some other random car, and you will see their value.

M3s and M5s hold value better then any other car out there.

also as far as value goes I do not care, Im going to keep that car until its totaled. It'll become a track car later on. Ill strip everything off it and go LS6

Edited by ///M

Ummm.. No...

If I want to go the power route I can buy a e36 for about 6-8k throw out the tranny and the engine.

and get it installed.

and IF, IF thats I would want more power, which i probably wouldnt for a daily driver, a 3000 pound shell pushing about 400 hp.

I could slap on a turbo and easily push out 500's and If i go insane I can twin turbo.

also as far as value goes I do not care, Im going to keep that car until its totaled. It'll become a track car later on. Ill strip everything off it and go LS6

GL with that!

Ummm.. No...

and get it installed.

GL with that!

Luck isn't involved, patience is :D

But thanks, I wont be putting any performance work into it, until I have another daily driver.

Old German cars = fail

Too bad you made up your mind because the Chevelle will be worth your money. Not this old model BMW piece of crap. You say you don't want to spend the time to restore a Chevelle yet you want to drop another engine into the German car that will not only lose it's value but will be just as much work to keep it running.

Makes no sense to me to waste all that money on a crappy old car that will lose its value. But whatever, I made a lot of dumb decisions when I was 18.

I had my hands on cars since I was 13 working with my dad in shops.

Please shut up before you try to give me advice on cars. If you read the thread, which you should before posting it says that I will not be selling this car. Later on I will turn it into a track car.

Hearing you say german crap makes me laugh because you obviously have no idea, of how good m3's are.

Do you even know the power of a ls1 in a shell of an m3?

Not even ferraris could corner better then the 99 m3 at the time.

Dont make yourself look stupid.

and you obviously dont know a thing about chevelles, they will not make good daily drivers, i dont have the money to buy 2 cars.

You're funny. So "if" you are 18 that means you have only had 5 years experience working on cars. I have been working on cars and restorations since I was 15. That gives me 13 years experience.

You are the one sounding dumb here. I build cars to race on the Salt Flats in Utah. I know how each and every model does on a track. Your little puny m3 couldn't even stand up to a restored chevelle in a race.

One thing is right, 99 m3's are very good a cornering. But racing, not so well if you go stock.

And what are you talking about Chevelles not being good commuter cars? A fully restored Chevelle is awesome to drive around. My wife loved our Chevelle not to mention the looks people give you and the car shows you can put it in to win money. :thumbsup:

Best investment would be the Chevelle but w/e enjoy your crappy German car. :P

Please donate me the money I need to restore a chevelle for a daily driver...

thought so, now shut up.

I guess your still living in the 70s.

www.horsepowerfreaks.com

This is what you need:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/photos/c...1/original.aspx

http://toyotacars.kamikaze-drive.com/TRUENO019F.jpg

I'm definitely buying one once I get some money. Has to be an 85 or 89.

Has to be white with the CF hood.

97 pounds of torque, stock baby!!! Whoooo.

Please donate me the money I need to restore a chevelle for a daily driver...

thought so, now shut up.

I guess your still living in the 70s.

www.horsepowerfreaks.com

Actually if you stop being such an ass and talk to him like an adult, he probably would donate to help restore the chevelle. Winkey loves restoring cars and racing. I have seen some of his work and it makes me drool.

I know I am beating this with a stick but, American Muscle FTW!

Edited by Zar

Double posting, huh? xD

Unless he can contribute about 600 dollars it wont matter. Anything under that is small change for a heavy restoration would could take up to 2.5 years.

I never said I was against american muscle, i think its the best approach to a fast car, but not a daily driver.

If I was to run some 10s I can get a 5.0, or a ls1 with some headers and an exhaust lol already low tens and switch it to auto you can comfortably run yourself some high 9 seconds on the strip.

But thats not whats being discussed, most of you cant read the whole thread you just post.

If I buy the e36 i will not resell it, it will be my daily driver. MY ONLY CAR SO I CANNOT SIT THERE AND RESTORE A CHEVELLE FOR 2 YEARS AND TAKE THE BUS.

I also never said the e36 was my final option haha, it was a thought. It all depends on how much I can make in 3 months, if I make over 20k Im getting myself a 03 cobra for a pretty nice deal.