Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Verizon Wireless Part Three

So everyone knows about the Alltel/Verizon Merger.

I have an Alltel HTC Touch Diamond. I love that phone. It's the best in the world...

My Alltel phone broke about three weeks ago... So I called 611 to ask them to replace it. They said they would be more than happy to, but I had to go to a Verizon store to verify my problem before they sent me one. (after like 6 trips/calls) I got my new phone in the mail. I got the Verizon version and messed with it for a bit and realized that it was missing some major features that I use every day on my Alltel verison. (100 megs ram, and gps mainly)

To make a really long story short, I *****ed and *****ed (18 different contacts with them///see other thread) and ended up finally getting an Alltel replacement phone.

A few days ago, My phone no longer received texts/email/internet. It's because the towers in my area were upgraded to the new software which renders alltel phones useless.

I called up Verizon and they said that I needed a VZW Phone.

I told them this was unacceptable and filed a complaint with the BBB.

Here is what they replied:

Dear Ms. Struck,

We have received the complaint filed by Mr. Kelly and appreciate the opportunity to address his concerns.

Our records show Mr. Kelly is disputing the replacement equipment that is to be provided to replace his equipment that has malfunctioned. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a gift card or any monetary value to replace his equipment. Mr. Kelly may take advantage of the manufacturer warranty while it is still available or he will be responsible for replacing his equipment at his own expense. We regret to inform Mr. Kelly that we cannot meet his request; however, he has the option to replace his equipment.

We apologize for any inconvenience Mr. Kelly has experienced and trust that this letter confirms our position in regard to this matter. If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Adam Davis

Executive Relations

EC# 15949

So it's very clear that Verizon has no intentions of actually resolving the issue with out me being screwed. I told them that it was unfair that they did this and that I feel as if I was crooked... and some how the complaint "magically" was closed.

Now I'm curious. What the hell are us Alltel Customers supposed to do? I love my HTC Diamond from Alltel. I did not want verizon when I signed up a year ago. That's why I signed up for Alltel. I don't think its fair for Verizon to do this to us... We shouldn't have to settle for something worse than what we had in the first place.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I like being able to use google maps and not pay 10 bucks a month for vzw navigator.

I like having a responsive and usable phone. I don't like having something that has a memory leak and every time you load a program it stays residual in the memory causing the phone to lock up and hang. :-

OR, you could just switch to AT&T and get a new phone for like 50 bucks with a contract. And if you wait about 2-4 more months, you'll be able to get the HTC Touch Pro2.

OR, you could just switch to AT&T and get a new phone for like 50 bucks with a contract. And if you wait about 2-4 more months, you'll be able to get the HTC Touch Pro2.

Cancellation Fees: $200.

Activation Fees: $28.95

New Phone: $50-$150

Switching from Verizon: Priceless.

Just stop paying? Or did you sign a contract?

Screw that, for all the horrible support, they can take it to court or eat it.

Contract.

And it will never go to court. It will go to collections.

Wow life is a bitch for you huh?

Just say you going over sea to serve and want out of your contract and use vipers numbers they will have to let you out of the contract i know a lot of people that do it.

Something leads me to believe they will be suspicious when "alex kelly" isn't the name of the person who owns the numbers he just used >.>

lol my friend used his brothers numbers work just fine