Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Can someone tell me how to make a "sprite" ?

I need it for an Anti-MH on a Snipers map. No one else will come to my other topic and the guy that posted there didn't explain what a sprite was.. so.. thanks in advance.

Ummm Im not sure but I think a sprite is like that Rock, I think...The way I do is disable units like scv and others and make the make center there for a bit and only a hacker would be able to see and this would drop them, gl?

Ummm Im not sure but I think a sprite is like that Rock, I think...The way I do is disable units like scv and others and make the make center there for a bit and only a hacker would be able to see and this would drop them, gl?

Thanks, I'll try to do what I think you're saying.

lol....newbs are funny.....

lol newbs are funny "i think its that rock thing"...lol

lol newb huh? So then why does my way work such as lazer tag v3 does, lol your the noob posting "how do you flood, im posting my keys and..." stfu please?

just get a good map editor, most of em have sprites

I got a Editor with sprites.. but I still can't figure out how to use them properly. I placed them ontop of cliffs you can't reach/see ontop of and turned on my MH to test it and it didn't crash me. Anyone willing to help? ^^;

yeah, I asnwered this in your thread in the tutorials section (It was the first one I saw)

But just use an independent command center and stick it somewhere we should have to look in a sniper's map.

And set it so that they sometimes look in that spot and switch right back to their units. The people who are maphacking will crash from these. A version of MILES laser tag has a feature that does this, but is controlled by people making the ttrigger switch everyone's screens to the spot with the command center.

So remember, INDEPENDENT COMMAND CENTERS CRASH PEOPLE WHO ARE MAPHACKING. There is another unit that crash people, but yeah, your better off making buildings have a disabled doodad state. But this sometimes crashes Starcraft right when you start the map so it might not be as effective... :P

yeah, I asnwered this in your thread in the tutorials section (It was the first one I saw)

But just use an independent command center and stick it somewhere we should have to look in a sniper's map.

And set it so that they sometimes look in that spot and switch right back to their units. The people who are maphacking will crash from these. A version of MILES laser tag has a feature that does this, but is controlled by people making the ttrigger switch everyone's screens to the spot with the command center.

So remember, INDEPENDENT COMMAND CENTERS CRASH PEOPLE WHO ARE MAPHACKING. There is another unit that crash people, but yeah, your better off making buildings have a disabled doodad state. But this sometimes crashes Starcraft right when you start the map so it might not be as effective... :P

Independent meaning go into the sprite section of units and go into terran and chose Command Center for a non-playing player and put it there and make them focus on it in the beginning of the game and switch back. I'll give it a try, thanks. And I didn't see your post o_O;; I'll look again.

Edit: I looked at the sprites and I found something labeled "Independent CC" so I'm gonna try that, thanks.

Edit: Nope.. I stuck it in a corner of the map and made it center view and nothing happened, just kept playing.. hmm.

Last and final Edit: I got it ^-^. I had to use a "Protoss Marker" and centered viewed and it worked. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Prophecy

all right, well, it was the Independent Command Center or the funky Protoss Warpgate...

PM Me if you still need help, I'll try to help you out as best as I can.

-=[CLOSED]=-