Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Halo 3 pictures and information

http://www.xboxportugal.com/index.php?suba..._from=&ucat

H3Level1.jpg

H3Level2.jpg

H3Level3.jpg

H3Level4.jpg

H3Level5.jpg

H3Level6.jpg

edit: also from someone that translated this: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.f....pl?read=752107

"Just got LEVEL (swedish gaming mag) in the mailbox..

Really nice Halo 3 cover, and a 10-page or so article on the game, with lots of (multiplayer) pictures.

I haven't read the whole article yet but they reveal 2 new weapons and 1 new veichle, and also a "Legendary Edition" of the game.

The "legendary edition" is sort of a "special-special-edition" that consists of a Full-size replica of the Master Chiefs helmet that contains 4 DVDs with material.

1= The Game

2=Various documentaries and audio commentary

3=Spinoffs such as "Red vs Blue" and "Spark of Life"

4= ALL the cutscenes from all three games in Hi-def

Oh, the game looks great btw"

Scans/more info coming soon.

"To be honest I haven't seen much of Resistance so I can't really say which looks better..all i can say is that Halo 3 looks really good in the pictures (especially the environments) and according to an interview with some Bungie people that is in the mag, alot of graphical effects that will be in the final version are not even in this version.

New Weapons:

*Spiker: the weapon of choice for brutes.

*Spartan Laser: An anti-veichle weapon, fires a red laser that pretty much destroys any veichle that is hit.

from gamefaqs

Swedish magazine level has had the chance to play halo 3 in multiplayer and there are 3 levels which is revealed,

Valhalla = blood gulch, High Ground = Zanzibar, Snowbound = Frost bite.

New vehicle - Mongoose, mostly for transport 2 persons.

new weapon- spartan laser, hard to use but extremely powerful vehicle destroyer apparentley

- nail grenade, sticks on walls and emits nails into the air.

new weapon - spiker (brute weapon),

your secondary weapon is visible at all times at your back. (THANK GOD!!!)

New transportation system in multiplayer- man cannon, launches you into the air through air streams, you can still be fired at and you can fire back.

The X-button will have a special use which Bungie will not reveal.

No bots will come to H3. that will be all.

New Veichle:

*Moongoose: The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn't have any weapons so it's mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible."

From another guy who translated some developer quotes: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=8...mp;postcount=29

OK, I'll translate some tidbits from the (partially readable) interview part

On plot twists

"Halo 3 will contain more plot twists than any other game in the series" --Jaime Griesemer

On Gears of War being competition

"We've played lots and lots of multiplayer and some singleplayer, and yeah, it's really good. But it's also quite a bit different from what we're doing. I realize that a lot of people are concerned that Halo 3 and GoW are going to compete for the same audience, but I think that when people get to play, they'll realize how different the games are. Gears is a much slower game where stragegy and cover plays a bigger part." --Jaime Griesemer

On graphics

"A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn't in there yet. We're still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer." --Brian Jarrard

"We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We'll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo's unique visual style. That's why we're making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details." --Brian Jarrard

"There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one." --Brian Jarrard

On multiplayer and bots

"Multiplayer has always been important, but it's developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important." --Brian Jarrard

"A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it's really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like 'I have to defend my flag' and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode." --Jaime Griesemer

looks like it will be a pretty cool game. There is a trailer that i saw on this page.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/index.html

Its too bad that the movie is in danger. Microsoft wants a huge cut of the movie which is understandible. I would think that they would take a lesser cut to make sure the movie was made just to bring attention to the game. I mean you know that the movie comming out will help sales of the game.

You can read about the movie problems here

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/hal...tml?sid=6160268

You can read about the demo here.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ent...pic_id=25084169

I haven't really heard any word on when the game is actually going to come out.

i don't really care about the movie since most game to movie translations end up pretty bad. the only release date info confirmed by bungie is sometime in 2007.

Yeah I hear you about the game to movie adaptations, but that theory was supposed to be debunked when Peter Jackson was called upon to make the movie. The script was expensive as hell to make for some reason, and on top of that he hired an unknown director to shoot the movie...

I was just saying that you think Microsoft would back off the huge money they are demanding just to make sure that the movie was made. I know that I was excited to see the possibilites that a peter jackson and Halo pairing would bring.

peter jackson wasn't making the movie. i think he was going to be an executive producer. the director they chose hasn't even directed a relatively big movie before.

um you must not have fully read what I said before. I said that he hired and unknown director.

Back on the subject he is the executive producer which means he has ultimate say on everything that happens with the movie.

20th Century Fox and Universal Studios announced they would cofinance Halo, which would be filmed in New Zealand. Effects would be provided by Jackson's Weta Workshop and Weta Digital effects houses, which provided the award-winning visuals for Rings and Universal's own King Kong.

Ill buy it when it gets ported to the PC. A long time ago, they talked about getting games on the xbox to play against players on the PC. So, when that happens I cant wait to own them all. But they said the console players were better, im like the pc players must have sucked, rofl

well they are coming out with halo2 for vista then you can get some pc vs console action. i've also heard the console players were generally doing better than the pc players too.