Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, im new ... and map problems!

I made a game yesterday and 2 people joined it, one referred me here and said he was a mod, and im sorry but i forgot his name :S

Anyways I was working on a squad support map, and trying to make heroes not count in the "commands 0 units, start the respawn process" trigger.

I have 8 heroes, and each of the 3 players can have all 8 out at one time.

So I started doing this:

Current player commands exactly 1 unit.

Current player commands exactly 1 [Hero 1]

then: start the respawn process

Current player commands exactly 2 units.

Current player commands exactly 1 [hero 1]

" " [hero 2]

then: start respawn process

etc etc, and it was going to take me 64 triggers.

Well, upon reaching trigger 3, i got the message "cannot create more units with properties, please delete other ones to make new ones"

So I have reached another wall in the starcraft editor. Ive got it in my mind now that I cant do what I want to do because of its limitations, so...

Any suggestions?

Note: theres a limit of 16 conditions, so I cant use "commands 0 zergling, hydralisk, queen, defiler, marine, zealot, archon, probe, scv, etc. then: start respawn process"

Although I considered setting a trigger that when player commands 0 zerg units, set switch. if switch is on and commands no terran, set another switch. If switch is on and commands no protoss, then set respawn trigger. But I ran into multiple problems with that idea, and it looks like it "may" work, but it seems like too much work for such a simple trigger.

lol sorry fuzzy that was me who refered you here :P And uumm... AS far as your triggers go, yes you will have to use Switches if you do not want to use 64 triggers. And I have no idea how you can run out of units to make... (How can the map be unable to ccreate more units, the map was relatively empty....)

The problem isn't the map maxing or anything

I've come across this problem before and I forgot what I did to fix it...In fact I didn't fix it, I took a new approach to the thing.

Anyways, the problem is that the map editor only allows you to create a certain amount of units with the "Create unit with property" Action. I don't know why, but could include the entire trigger? I'll probably be able to see the problem from there