Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Port Forwarding

Ive looked at the diagrams so many times but i cant seem to get it to let me make games online on starcraft, can any1 tell me what ports i need to forward on my router and exactly how to do it, or get on MSN and do it for me?

im using a WTR54G Linksys wireless router

Edited by Mr.Lp

I used to have this router its teh gay... sometimes it will portforward and sometimes it doesn't. try this site out portforward.com

o yea wrong section... mod please move to technical forum please, thankyou

hmm this one mite work it gave me anotehr step that none of the others seemed to give

get highspeed dsl not cable

See if your router has remote management features on it. Pm me the information and Ill do it for you.

i can access the router via a web browser but i think i got it

if its wrong tell me yeah :(

Edit- whoops i forgot to check the boxes, other then that is anything wrong (i have not checked it yet)--

scr3916a0boz5.jpg

scr391214app2.jpg

Edited by Mr.Lp

i cant help you, my router cannont port foward ( i even had many people try )

with teh settings i posted above i was still not able to host :P, is any1 able to help me?

Hey, I know what the problem is! The IP Address you gave it is the router, so it's not forwarded to your PC. You must type in ipconfig in cmd, and it will say an IP Address like this: 192.168.1.xxx Well, to that IP Address box, you must type that xxx number. Then, it will work.

And, as I remember, the starcraft ports are from 6112 to 6119, so you should make the End box 6119.

And make sure, that the Enable box is Enabled :P

I have a router as well :)

Edited by Zhuinden

well my friend had the problem with hosting (and he was on a router) he could join games but not host i told him to turn off windows firewall and it worked but idk that was for wc3 idk if itll work for sc