Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Benoit Found Dead

Chris Benoit, family found dead

Written: June 25, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For our global activities, go to www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

"Authorities will not say how they died. But it was not by shooting."

That is just fucked up.. I remember awhile ago when I first started watching wrestling he just came in :D

Wow.......just wow.........

I never even watched him much on Wrestling. I didn't watch Wrestling much, but I'm gonna miss him.

He was one of the coolest and most inspiring wrestlers out there.

Rest In Peace Benoits.

WWE raw is comming on in 7 mins of me posting this. Everyone should go watch

Came on 56 min ago for me =\

"Authorities will not say how they died. But it was not by shooting."

I am going to make a siggy with him in it, brb. WWE is on in the background now for me too :D .

EDIT: Image made, It is crappy, but it still a image: BENOIT.jpg

I was watching the news (CNN, Fox News) and they said he died from homicide (meaning someone DID kill them.)

Benoit was my favorite wrestler, next to Eddie, who also died recently (last year.)

I would have made this topic, but I know a lot of people wouldn't care. :D

Edit: I just found out that Benoit called off his appearance at last nights paper view, which he was in a match for the title. He called it off for personal reasons.

Wow. This is really sad. Not just for the fact that he's gone but his whole family.

Really a terrible tragedy.

Not his whole family...

He still has a daughter and sont aht are alive =\

Both are moved out but still...

Losing your father mother and brother has got to be tragic

Dude, I LOVE the match at Wrestlemania 20 with HHH/HBK/Benoit. It's prob because Eddit and Benoit ended up in the end of the night both champions in the ring.

It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.

source:wwe.com

i just want to say Chris was a good wrestler my favorite as most of you know. he was suppose to go have a match vs cm punk and vengeance but went home because of family problems. well i dont know if chris was the bad guy or his wife. i just wanted to say Rest In Peace Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero.

source:wwe.com

i just want to say Chris was a good wrestler my favorite as most of you know. he was suppose to go have a match vs cm punk and vengeance but went home because of family problems. well i dont know if chris was the bad guy or his wife. i just wanted to say Rest In Peace Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero.

Wow dude, Im here for you. Benoit was like the best wrestler ever, I mean u literly made you account after him. Who do you think made the suicide attempt?

I think that it was the son playing with a gun and killed him self then the wife killed herself and Benoit was the last to go. I doubt that is the truth because he had family problems and rushed out there so i doubt it was Benoit who did it. That does not make any sense only if the wife held the kid hostage killed Benoit as he was trying to stop her then killed the kid because of the witness then killed herself because she just killed her own family.

ya but first they said it was carbon monoxide.... then they said this just is confusing to me and need to wait.

one source said that they were found in three separate rooms..... i am just going to wait that is the only thing we can do.

edit:

next to Eddie, who also died recently (last year.)
Ken its been two years and i also wanted to say that there are several reason they came up with like i said earlier. people like Benoit had a passion for the business like eddie and all the other great wrestlers that died. not people who just do it for money.

Yeah, I remember when wrestling when it was for all pride, and the wrestler's love of the show. Now its just every wrestler is trying to impress 8-12 year olds so they make more money. Wrestling is just going way downhill.

Yeah, they're saying on the news (FOX News to be exact) that he killed his family on Sunday and then waited until Monday to kill himself.

That's just terrible.

I want to know why he did it...

Cripp, they said there were no gunshot wounds to anyone. How could the kid have shot himself?

EDIT: Okay it was just on again and they said that the family was indeed found in three separate rooms. They said there are NO gunshot wounds and they are currently doing autopsy's. They said that people at http://www.tmz.com are quoting authorities that said Benoit came home, strangled his wife, and then smothered his son, and then hung himself in his weight room at his house. The mother and child were found upstairs, the child was in his bed at the time they say. Here is the quote from tmz.com

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

i was just guessing. i dont know how tmz came up with that when they are doing test to see what really happened.

pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.
everyone is grasping for info all you can do is wait i dont know who to believe.

Wow they removed the artical from poplys link.

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.3564d440.1182888119.5b9714d

because its not the right info why would you give out false info.

I don't see why this is "World news" material. A wrestler died, not the president.

Um, they think it was Roid Rage (Steroids)

They said that a Bible was placed next to the mother and child also, not by Criss though.

He hung himself with the wire that was attached to his weights.

Just watch Fox News, they're the one people talking about it.

I don't see why this is "World news" material. A wrestler died, not the president.

Well, it's being talked about on National News, so apparently it is a big deal.

Well it is a major thing that just about everyone on this site cares about, and the fact that it is on National News also says something.....

Benoit died on monday and his son and wife died sometime over the weekend. He strangled his wife with an electric cord and there was a sign of struggle. He later killed his son by somethering his face with a plastic bag. Benoit then stayed at home till monday and then hung himself in the weight room/ basement. He hung himself there. Cops found bibles by his wife and son but not by him. his wife was in her office and his son was in his bedroom. Benoit also sent text messages out to his friends that had a thank you goodbye theme to them.