Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

SC 2: WarpRay Update

CLICK HERE

the warpray has been added I LOVE THE LVL 3 BEAM

please refer to the above link to see actuall gameplay footage

Builds From: Stargate

Armament: Prismatic Beam

Role: Long-range Bombardmentpixel.gifT.gifhe reunification of the Aiur protoss and the dark templar has been a time of great trials for both peoples. Overcoming the centuries of fear and mistrust that built up after the exile of the dark templar is no easy task. Nonetheless, the melding of technologies that developed along separate paths for so long has heralded spectacular new developments for the protoss. One such creation is the warp ray, a new capital vessel that many believe will eventually replace the venerable protoss carrier as flagship of the protoss fleet.

A warp ray is a ship virtually built around a single gigantic power source: the prismatic core. This device seethes with energy drawn from two realms: the Void, which is truly understood only by the dark templar, and the psionic matrix, which underpins the technologies of the Aiur protoss. In combination these two energies form a self-sustaining reaction of terrifying potential.

warpray-thumb1.jpg Warp rays assault a terran barracksNormally the prismatic core is held in check by an arrangement of flux field projectors. When a warp ray locks on to a target, the projector arms smoothly part like the petals of a flower. A complex array of warp lenses and phase-crystals works to focus the energies of the prismatic core into a ravening beam of destruction.

warpray-thumb2.jpg Protoss warp rays and phoenix engage terran battlecruisersAs the prismatic beam is held on the target, more of the focusing array becomes aligned, and up to three individual power streams combine together. Over a few seconds the beam's intensity and power grow exponentially. Few enemies can withstand the awful power of the prismatic beam for long: even large and heavily armored targets like buildings or battlecruisers are incinerated in moments.

sIFR.replace(bebas, { selector: 'h4' ,wmode: 'transparent' ,css: { '.sIFR-root': { 'color': '#ffffff', 'letter-spacing': -1.5, 'text-transform': 'uppercase', 'font-size': '36px' }, 'em': { 'color': '#c0fffd', 'font-style': 'none' } } ,selectable: true ,tuneHeight: '0' ,offsetTop: '0' ,filters: { DropShadow: { knockout: false ,distance: 1 ,color: '#000000' ,strength: 2 } }});defaultAjaxContent('en_us');bodyload();logo-blizz.pnglogo-bnet.pngOnline Privacy Policy | ©2007 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.

Edited by STARCRAFT 2 is coming

Oh nice!

yea thats pretty cool, they better be making extra units for Terran n Zerg as well tho :D

i collected a list of quotes... here they are

the enemy has been perched

lock beams and incinerate

prismatic core failing, we require assistance!

infinity burns around us

for auir

fire at will,commander

prismatic beams aligning

our wills are allighned through the holy kala

prismatic core online

it shall be done

this vessil shall avenge

all paths are seen through the prism of fate

calibrating warp lenses

(something ending in ssion) commencing

we are at full power

(sounds like khas our shall)

phase crystals charged

channel the light of aiur

conflict must not be seen through the lenses of desperation

Edited by STARCRAFT 2 is coming

What do you mean by "lvl 3 beam" ?

Edit: Never mind I see what you mean. I didn't realize it had 3 stages of it's attack.

Edited by Suteki

What do you mean by "lvl 3 beam" ?

Edit: Never mind I see what you mean. I didn't realize it had 3 stages of it's attack.

it eventually gets more powerfull the longer it fires ate a single target

if you look closer youll see that at first, one beam runns up a pettal and into the crystal making a beam of light, a few seconds later, a second beam runs up another petal and joins in the prism to make a stonget, blueish beam that has tiny sparks

the third beam joins to make a intense white beam with massive jolts of energy that maximises damage,however normally 4 warprays wouldent have to wait that long to kill a bc