Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Programming Keyboard Buttons

Ok, well, I've come to the conclusion that with only 256 RAM, it's not a great idea to use Windows Media Player. I prefer Winamp. However, the CD/DVD/MP3 buttons on my keyboard only work for Windows Media Player. Is there any way that I can change it so it works for Winamp?

Also, there are internet buttons my keyboard. The only one I use is the Connect button, however when I push it, it opens IE7. Boo. Can I change it to open just FireFox? How?

+Rep for help

if you are using a keyboard like mine then it should be in Control Panel>printers and other hardware>keyboards>buttons tab there you go:D

For Winamp just go to the options and there are hotkeys for changing tracks etc. And press the desired button on your keyboard, although it may show a letter I don't know why, one of mine shows like an "H" or something it's odd but it worked for me.

if you are using a keyboard like mine then it should be in Control Panel>printers and other hardware>keyboards>buttons tab there you go:D

No. I go to control panel > Keyboard > (three tabs) Speed, Hardware, SetPoint Settings

For Winamp just go to the options and there are hotkeys for changing tracks etc. And press the desired button on your keyboard, although it may show a letter I don't know why, one of mine shows like an "H" or something it's odd but it worked for me.

I went to Global Hotkeys and pushed the buttons but when I fixed it, it said Registration Failed, but it's working. Thanks. +rep

Only problem I have no is the Play/Pause key. When i hit it, it just starts the song over. Eh, I guess that's a good and bad thing. I can live with it though.

No. I go to control panel > Keyboard > (three tabs) Speed, Hardware, SetPoint Settings

I went to Global Hotkeys and pushed the buttons but when I fixed it, it said Registration Failed

then try SetPoint settings...

Hmm, does Winamp.com have any help with that, you could probably email someone there about it, and ask them.

then try SetPoint settings...

It opens a LogiTech help center deal...and my keyboard isn't logitech lul. It doesn't look like it changes any keyboard buttons..

I can't think of anything you can do other than email Winamp and talk to them about that and see if they have any solutions.

Are you talking about my internet connect button or the problem with the mp3 buttons?

Never mind, I just changed the pause key to my Play/Pause button instead of having my Play button as the Play/Pause button. Works great now. All I need now is to change the connect button.