Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

What part of the old Gc do you miss?

What of the old site do you miss having on the new one? I want a topic for this so I can focus on what to bring back. All these old features wont be back at once, but I can work on it. Here's a short list of what I know you guys want back.. Arcade, Reputation System, some skins, post colors.

All of it.

Yeah . . . Shoutbox! >: O

I just read about the old reputation system, but still mentioning since I liked it so. ;)

•Shoutbox saved font/color/etc.. preferences.

•Uploader "POP" button to open in a new window.

•Colored names in posts for different user groups.

•The titles for groups; VIP, Staff, Admin, User, ect....

•The crowns/shields for staff/VIP were neat. :3

•Profile song.

And just some additions/changes that weren't necessarily on the old GC but still nice:

•Quick reply with quote feature, similar to the on in vB.

•Make the default "tab" on the "View New Content" button be Forums the first time for the posts.

•A banner that gets cycled randomly saying "Monki loves you."

Just a short list off the top of my head. And that very last one is either a not at all, or an absolute must. ;)

• Like 1

The recent post on the top of the page basically. Unless I'm an idiot and can't find it

The recent post on the top of the page basically. Unless I'm an idiot and can't find it

That's been replaced with the orange link titled "View New Content" on the top right.

ha well that answers that. Now I'm satisfied with the new website.

And another little thing I just remembered when replying to your comment Ghozty,

•A reply button for comments on your profile for quick replies to comments on their profiles.

A bigger website banner that cycles. That's about the only thing I miss that wasn't already posted. I'm kind of disappointed with the current banner. I feel it needs to be bigger and more exciting. And cycling ones so it doesn't get boring.

A bigger website banner that cycles. That's about the only thing I miss that wasn't already posted. I'm kind of disappointed with the current banner. I feel it needs to be bigger and more exciting. And cycling ones so it doesn't get boring.

I'm working on this, it's a bit tricky with the new header.

I want the banner and/or background to change based on what forum section your in.. so.. one step at a time here.

I miss the vip skin personally. Also, for the shout box when a new post is made by someone it does not come up?

I am sure I will think of more soon....

Yes, Cripp that will be added soon. That mod is pending an update from the author.

I would say automatic post color but you already listed that one, so the only other thing I can think of right now is I miss the "Who's online now" thing at the bottom of the page.

I would say automatic post color but you already listed that one, so the only other thing I can think of right now is I miss the "Who's online now" thing at the bottom of the page.

That's there on the forum index at the bottom, you can't see it?

Ahh I see it, guess there is nothing then. ;)

The staff sexyskin. And basically what monki said about the usernames. Oh and how in the old GC, when you clicked the username right there<<<<<<<<, a little menu came up with things like "Private message", etc. This brings you straight to profile.

when you clicked the username right there<<<<<<<<, a little menu came up with things like "Private message", etc. This brings you straight to profile.

Click the little box thing directly to the right of the username.

i miss getting shoved up greg kinnear ass...... what havent we all? i miss the old commyunity feeling it just seem wide open now but easyer to find shit now thou

when you clicked the username right there<<<<<<<<, a little menu came up with things like "Private message", etc. This brings you straight to profile.

Click the little box thing directly to the right of the username.

I actually prefer the new pop up menu. sweat.gif

So do I. I also like the little box on the upper left hand corner that appears for every. single. thing. i. do. :]

I miss the slowness of the old site. Ohwait, it still has it. :P Will it ever be fixed?

What are you talking about, it's 100 times faster.

Oh yeah your cool delete my post

This topic exists for a reason, if you want to comment on the new design then please do so here: Welcome to the new Ghoztcraft