Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Yellow Minerals

Yellow mineral crystals are a harvestable high yield resource, meaning each harvest rotation results in greater mineral quantities than the standard blue minerals. This gives players more strategic choices when trying to evaluate where they wish to expand. Expand to the high yield but risk easier discovery? Or expand to a safer area but earn fewer resources? Each harvast yields 12 minerals.

Sorce here

Yellow-Mineral.jpg

--------------------

everybody should know this by now, but imagine how interesting this would be in melee maps.

Edited by Magical-Trever

hmmm interesting those lil things make a game that much more fun

I could see that happening but i dont see them having a lot of it....

Actually. Im pretty sure it just changes color according to the player's color or to the terrain color =P

I'm pretty sure that it does NOT change colors based on the terrain color or the player's color. Why would it belong to a player for.

I'm pretty sure that it does NOT change colors based on the terrain color or the player's color. Why would it belong to a player for.

Well I remember seeing something of the sort on an official Video

Besides you didnt consider they could be based on terrain so bleh

Edited by Renegade Angel

Units only change colors if they belong to the player lol. Why would the minerals belong to them.

no they're there permenantley until you mine them.

same colour, same place, same resources.

That sounds pretty fun!

why ylw? why not green..? lol :D

The Vespene Gas is already green. XD May as well pick a new color for the minerals.

lol if your looking for a really fast fastest map for SC BW just look at the bottom of my siggy :D I can assure you that they are extremely fast. And you can build anywhere on them.

Well if they picked purple then they would be gay. So yellow is good!

What is so fun about minerals? WHAT IS SO FUN ABOUT MINERALS!!!!!!? This gives players more strategic choices when trying to evaluate where they wish to expand. Expand to the high yield but risk easier discovery . . . ? Or expand to a safer area but earn fewer resources . . . ? BOOM SHACKALACKA THATS FUN YO!

on a starcraft map, nowhere is really safe.

it depends on what you mean.. a space where people can get infantry to you easily? - unsafe

a island where nobody can find you unless they send a scout - safe