Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Alien or rock?

Is this proof of life on Mars?

ARM outstretched, head tilted in mid-stride — is this mystery figure the final proof that life exists on Mars?

The intriguing image was captured by Nasa’s six-wheeled robot explorer Spirit during its three-month mission to study the surface of the Red Planet.

Snapped at the rock-strewn Gusev Crater, believed by scientists to be the bed of an ancient lake, the grainy picture appears to show a Bigfoot-style alien creature strolling casually down a hill.

Spirit ... found proof of life?

Its bulbous “head” is cocked to one side, as if in concentration, while its right “arm” appears to be reaching out for balance.

Scientists believe that if Mars DID once have surface water, it had the potential to support life.

And some say this could be the crucial evidence of inhabitants that they were seeking when they launched their £400million mission in 2003.

The “creature” was spotted when space enthusiasts analysed photos beamed 100million miles to Earth by Spirit and its twin explorer Opportunity.

Of course, hard-nosed realists may claim the “Martian” is simply a trick of the light and shadow on a dust-covered outcrop.

But whatever it shows, the mind-boggling image will set people guessing from Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads.

It’s a genuine space oddity.

Pics:

scurg0.jpg

1qsx2q.jpg

2r6cqc9.jpg

Kinda freeky. This has also made it on CNN.com

Link: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/...hot.tuesday.cnn

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article715837.ece

Couldn't they just get a second picture of the same area? If it was still there or not we would pretty much have our answer..

most likely a rock but it could be a fossil or sumthin... but thats pretty cool, kinda looks like that girl from the ring lol

edit: the thing they took the pic with has wheels... so why don't they just drive the damn thing over there and WOW OMG you can tell wtf it is -.- some fucking people use not common fucking sense -.-

off topic... lol looks like a nice day on mars lol

doesn't look like it's in natural motion to me. assuming for a moment that this IS a living creature, it looks more to me like it's possibly sliding down the hill, rather than walking...or perhaps as if it's just fallen backwards a bit, which would maybe place the left arm behind/underneath is from catching itself, which fits into its being out of sight, and would also account for why the legs are in front of it in a manner that doesn't look like a natural way to walk...

but that's hypothetically assuming it was living...i don't think this picture is solid enough to decide one way or another...cuz it could also be any number of other things...still, i doubt it's a rock, simply because, if you look at the rocky surfaces around it, they all seem to be very eroded...if it were a rock, it'd be more likely to be flatter, rather than jutting upward the way it is, and it probably wouldn't have the random "branch" still attached to it...

so who knows, right? flip a coin i guess...kinda neat either way though. still, it does seem like they should just go take another picture of the same area

to everyone its because it took 4 years for nasa to get them pictures back

OMG j00 hijacked ma thread!!!11!1

But in all seriousness, yeah.. I posted this and you stole it! :D

This would have been huge news from the start. hoax.

Not necessarily.. NASA keeps a lot of things secret.

I want to say alien but that pose is very weird.

Not necessarily.. NASA keeps a lot of things secret.

NASA = National Ass Sucking Army

They arnt an army wtf how would they fight wars space shuttles are too fast and too expensive to use for battle.

Rock, shadow, fossil, but definitely not a living thing. Also it's the same color as the rock.

it looks like a statue kind of.... like an idolized thing...

@Xthar... it doesnt take 4 years for images to come back to earth... it isnt THAT far away.

@Trever... wtf? NASA rules

and it definately isnt alive.. if it ever was.. because if it was alive, it would have tampered with the probe, been intelegent and Pwnt us. or we would have seen the species once before.

It could mean that there was ONCE life on mars but no longer... and thats about it

yeah i would like to believe this is true but the position it was in looks the the thinker. like someone said if it was stupid it would check it out, if it was normal it would check it out, and if it was smart it would use the probe to kill us all

Edited by Speedskater