Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Importance Of Prom

Well, i was just sittin at my desk in tv production when the announcement for prom came up and it prompted me to start this thread.

In today's society, being a senior is the goal of most students who ever attend. This is caused due to the fact seniors enjoy a multitude of events, one of which is prom. Now their are many myths and rumors surrounding this passed on tradition and throughout the years its value has been place on a pedestal of one of the most important events of your life.

Now for the question. Do you believe prom is really important at all?

Is it true most people lose their virginity on prom night?

Please answer maturely.

Well, i was just sittin at my desk in tv production when the announcement for prom came up and it prompted me to start this thread.

In today's society, being a senior is the goal of most students who ever attend. This is caused due to the fact senior enjoy and multitude of events, one of which is prom. Now their are many myths and rumors surrounding this passed on tradition and throughout the years its value has been place on a pedestal of one of the most important events of your life.

Now for the question. Do you believe prom is really important at all?

Is it true most people lose their virginity on prom night?

Please answer maturely.

No, prom is not important. Its just the last dance of the year for your school year. Now for the second part I believe thats true because prom is suppose to be a very special night. Witch makes it lead to that.

I don't believe the virginity thing is true, being the 'high schoolers' that people are they like to lose is during their earlier high school years. I think prom night being special or w.e is only ones opinion though. Some people don't care about it and some do.

Prom isnt important but you might have fun. MIGHT is the keyword

and for the second question yeah, one sometimes the girls r stupid, two having sex att prom idea has been around forever, and three for some people its really important whatever there reasons

and one more thing if u ask girls if its important im sure lots of them would say yes

Edited by Speedskater

Ya high school is the time when all the grrls start to get "itchy" and they get themselves screwed by the third person they see, must be 3-4 years older at least though. So I doubt that would be the first time they'd get raped.

Well! Prom is Yet Another Tradition, nothing really special. It's just a symbolic event of promoting you from being a high school student.

High school dating is pointless. I'm not even going to try because I know several friends of mine who have had a number of girlfriends that never lasted. So in my opinion, "Prom" is pointless and not worth the effort. Even if you get a girl you're most likely not going to be with her for the rest of your life, especially because the next thing is college which is where most high school couples break up because they go in two different directions.

Although, I'm just an emo loner who's never had a girlfriend, so I'm probably wrong.

I've heard that the first relationship NEVER works out right. Or if it does, it's rare.

All of you have either, a) never been to a prom before.. or :) never had a gf, or c) a virgin who gave up.

Prom night for me was fucking great. I went with 3 girls as friends. And we all went in a group with 12 people. We had a limo ride there, eat expencive dinner. We where at the prom, it was in an upstairs building, loud music, food, drinks and all of my high school friends that I might never see again. After the dance we all went to a hotel and partied like animals until 3am, and went home the next day.

Don't miss prom, you don't need a date, but go with friends, visit people and enjoy your last days of freedom before life slaps you in the face.

I may be hated, I may be flamed but I will tell you exactly how it is.

All those who say prom isnt special or it sucks or it wont matter, they are right.

Why?

They dont have anyone special, they aren't social, they cant dance, and are to scared to give it a try.

And I can most likely guess that the ones who hate prom are the "nerds." ( I know im right). Instead try taking advice from someone who has experience not from those who hate on good shit because they aren't social.

Just my two cents.

Its simple as that.

You go to Senior Ball , you enjoy your time take some pictures and i will promise you that you will not regret it if not love it.

I had my Jr Prom about 3 weeks ago and by God it was the best thing ever.

About the whole virginity thing, dont even feel pressured about it, thats just a "old" tradition, many teens have sex before senior year now a days anyway.

But if its one thing i can recommend is go to prom.

Cripp Im sorry you are wrong buddy, Senior Ball ( Prom) is by far a VERY special moment.

All of you have either, a) never been to a prom before.. or B) never had a gf, or c) a virgin who gave up.

Prom night for me was fucking great. I went with 3 girls as friends. And we all went in a group with 12 people. We had a limo ride there, eat expencive dinner. We where at the prom, it was in an upstairs building, loud music, food, drinks and all of my high school friends that I might never see again. After the dance we all went to a hotel and partied like animals until 3am, and went home the next day.

Don't miss prom, you don't need a date, but go with friends, visit people and enjoy your last days of freedom before life slaps you in the face.

I strongly 100% stand behind this,

You couldnt be more right there Ghozt =]

Exactly becuase eventually you realize that you can't live off your parents and a web site anymore. That you actually have to become a part of society and get an education.

Ghozt is just sour because he's got half a dozen people hating on his favorite night ever. =p

Kind of how like Ares said it, if you're not real social and don't have alot of social friends prom just may not be worth it. It'd probably be extremely awkward, not much socializing or talking, and you would just end up spending alot of money on a night that you didn't enjoy.

Ghozt is just sour because he's got half a dozen people hating on his favorite night ever. =p

Kind of how like Ares said it, if you're not real social and don't have alot of social friends prom just may not be worth it. It'd probably be extremely awkward, not much socializing or talking, and you would just end up spending alot of money on a night that you didn't enjoy.

You dont even need many friends to go to prom.

One friend is just enough i guess =]

But yeah Poply is kinda right.

Thing is, if you go, it could be totally awesome for you, or you may think it sucks and that it's a total waste of time. But you won't really know that unless you go. You're better off going and it totally sucking than not going and regretting it later.

Wasn't really too into prom myself, but I think that's just because of my personal taste.

10 years from now I'd like be able to say "Yeah, I went to prom and it was awesome", rather than, "No, I didn't go to prom, ask my friend".

..Yeah.

Last time I saw a movie that had the word "prom" in its plot, everybody died.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0074285/

But yeah, to say "Yeah been there and it sucked cock" is better to say "No, I have no idea what it would have been like cuz I wasn't there". If you're just as avoidant as I am, you probably wouldn't like it. Because...

All of you have either, a) never been to a prom before.. or B) never had a gf, or c) a virgin who gave up.

I'm a. and b. and also

they aren't social, they cant/don't want to dance, and are to scared to give it a try.

Although everything is just relative. I think other people are just way too social, and people like me are normal. I have a few friends (also known as 2 or 3, depends on how you look at it) and just because of that I wouldn't wanna go to a "party" I wouldn't enjoy. I can't get myself to dance, drink alcohol and stuff like that because everyone would remember and laugh at your very existence. Who the fuck enjoys getting laughed at? Those have serious issues somewhere.

What would you enjoy in that...

10 years from now I'd like be able to say "Yeah, I went to prom and it was awesome", rather than, "No, I didn't go to prom, ask my friend".

..Yeah.

What was awesome about it? Really all it is the last dance of your school years. "Did you go to that college party." Yea it was better then prom. Plus how is it fun with a bunch of people watching you "dont get to close."

Just what I said, you are constantly being watched and if you do something wrong then you'll get laughed at. Who the heck would want that.

Losing your virginity on Prom night, let alone Senior prom night, is a very Cliché event. I believe a Prom night is the last night of fun with your friends, especially your high school friends. Because in two months, where are your friends going to be? They're either going to be off for college, a job, or doing whatever they want. Losing your virginity is nothing to be too quick about. When you lose it, you lose it. Every body's different so no one will say the exact same thing. Bleh, I'm just rambling. Sorry.

You aren't "constantly being watched"...I dunno who went and told you that everyone will be watching you and that they'll remember everything you do, but that isn't how it is. In any parts of high school, for the most part. You're giving people too much credit if you really believe they're that observant. People aren't watching you and waiting for you to do sumthin stupid. And if they are, because that's the best thing they can find to do with their time, then they're lame as shit wo who cares anyway.

As for not wanting to give dancing a try...well at most proms these days you don't really "dance". The 2 kinds of dancing that go on are slow dancing and booty dancing. Slow dancing you're fine just holdin the girl and movin slow side to side...like seriously, that's all almost everyone else will be doing. And the other, well if you look out on a dance floor where everyone's grinding, you'll notice that like 95% or so of the dudes are barely doin anything...typically that kind of dancing involves girls doing most of the work. Seriously.

And do you really wanna miss a potentially enjoyable night just because you think some asshole may laugh at you? They aren't gonna remember it unless you do something TOTALLY huge and retarded. I went to 4 proms and for 3 of them, I can't remember a damn thing that anyone did that drew attention to themselves in a bad way...or a good way, for that matter. At one of them, they had a projection screen where they'd show people in like a big screen type deal from parts of the dance floor...there's was a big fat black girl on screen and her boobs popped out once she was up there. That's what it took for me to remember sumthin happenin to anyone else at prom. And despite the fact that I remember that, what does it even matter that I do? Certainly doesn't mean anything now.

Grinding?

20080324.gif

Also, the term "dancing" is relative.

One, its obvious all the negative opinions in here have never had any kind of social experience.

Whoever said something about parties and drinking, please do not talk about something you have no idea on.

That never happens.

I dont know about your prom, but at mine no one said"too close"

but I will agree to that we had 350 people go

and about 50 or so dances the rest just sat there.

Everyone is scared to dance.

I danced, I enjoyed it, probably one of the best nights of my life and it wasnt even Senior Ball

It was junior prom.

Like I said, take this from a person that has been to prom, parties w/e

Do it, it is a BLAST, you meet new people, you experience something you have never had before( i take it you havent done anything like this before)

You dont even have to be in the "In crowd"

i guarantee you, you walk in there with some confidence and dont be scared to try new things you will meet a ton of people and have a great time.

You can either take it from me and Ghozt( that have been to prom etc)

Or you can take it from the other Negative Nancies who are just criticizing a good time.

Grinding?

20080324.gif

Also, the term "dancing" is relative.

I find this to be very funny that you are making fun of something like freak dancing, I must say you are an idiot buddy.

What is wrong with having a chick rub her ass on you and freak dance, and if your lucky she is good at it and knows how to pop it drop it or even shake it.

I dont see the negative in dancing now a days.

Pathetic, Im sorry if your afraid to freak dance, you'll never get pussy, even if it slapped you in the face.

You aren't "constantly being watched"...I dunno who went and told you that everyone will be watching you and that they'll remember everything you do, but that isn't how it is. In any parts of high school, for the most part. You're giving people too much credit if you really believe they're that observant. People aren't watching you and waiting for you to do sumthin stupid. And if they are, because that's the best thing they can find to do with their time, then they're lame as shit wo who cares anyway.

As for not wanting to give dancing a try...well at most proms these days you don't really "dance". The 2 kinds of dancing that go on are slow dancing and booty dancing. Slow dancing you're fine just holdin the girl and movin slow side to side...like seriously, that's all almost everyone else will be doing. And the other, well if you look out on a dance floor where everyone's grinding, you'll notice that like 95% or so of the dudes are barely doin anything...typically that kind of dancing involves girls doing most of the work. Seriously.

And do you really wanna miss a potentially enjoyable night just because you think some asshole may laugh at you? They aren't gonna remember it unless you do something TOTALLY huge and retarded. I went to 4 proms and for 3 of them, I can't remember a damn thing that anyone did that drew attention to themselves in a bad way...or a good way, for that matter. At one of them, they had a projection screen where they'd show people in like a big screen type deal from parts of the dance floor...there's was a big fat black girl on screen and her boobs popped out once she was up there. That's what it took for me to remember sumthin happenin to anyone else at prom. And despite the fact that I remember that, what does it even matter that I do? Certainly doesn't mean anything now.

Fully agree with everything you said,

But well I dunno about you guys but we go dumb too =]

hyphy

gig

turf, but thats about 6 kids at my school the rest are to chicken shit to dance.

No one will watch you unless you attract attention to yourself.

I had a circle around me three times at prom.

"Freak dance" is "FREAK dance" because freaks do it.

What is wrong with having a chick rub her ass on you and freak dance, and if your lucky she is good at it and knows how to pop it drop it or even shake it.

Other than that it's pretty much completely sluttish and the problem is exactly what this comic suggests. Also, Wut? Pop Drop Shake Wut???

It's not even dancing. Or if it is, I don't consider it dancing. And you don't have to act like a freak to get pussy. All you can get like that are whores who toss you out 3 days later.

Let me make a hypothesis.

You have never freak danced, I am right =]

Who said anything about it being sluttish?

... You sound like my grandma,

And you are 100% wrong on, getting whores by freak dancing.

My only suggestion to you is dont talk about something you have no idea on, please do not act like you know what goes on or what happens when you have had no such experience.

Dont care what your friends told you or what you have heard.

Popping is where she pops her ass up

dropping is where she drops to the floor and comes back up

shaking her ass is shaking her ass its self explanatory.

And it is dancing buddy.

"Grinding" should only really be done when you have absolutely no other dance skills. Which you wouldn't you unless you actually took an interest in dancing.

On the topic of prom, I still think that it's probably most fun for those who are popular, have alot of friends, and who everyone likes. I mean, imagine going to a place that plays music you don't like, in a room full of people who have little to no interest in talking to you.

Grinding is just... what we all dance, like it or not girls like it, and if you dont then dont dance.

All the dances are pretty much hip hop dancing anyways.

at my prom just about every junior went, popular or not, but I could see where you are coming from Poply.

nonetheless your social status shouldn't prevent you from prom.