Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban

Marriage has very little to do with love anymore.....

Marriage is 2.5 kids , 1 and 1/2 jobs, a house, and raising a new generation of consumers.

Seeing as how gay/lesbian couples can not conceive children, I see no reason for them to wed.

I'm all for gay/lesbian relationships, I don't really care what you do, but Marriage is meant to be a bond between a woman and a man, as well as a contract build the next generation.

Using that logic any man or woman who is infertile shouldn't ever be allowed to marry.

It would also mean that no one who uses birth control should be allowed to marry.

I'm more aiming toward a scenario such as..

I could see two women who are really close friends just getting married for the benefits from the government. Living together and doing whatever they want. Marriage used to be something where two people, man and women, united forever bleh bleh, it's right in the bible. There's a reason it took half of America to get this law anywhere in the first place..

I'm not saying I necessarily care that gay's get married. I've got my fair share of gay/bi friends, they're awesome and fun to be around. But the way that law was worded I find ridicules! I give this about 4 months before they try to overturn this.. again.

And, on that note. I live in California and close to San Fransisco. You try and tell me what gay's are doing doesn't effect you when you walk down your high school hall and see two 15 year old boys sucking each others face off. So disgusting, makes you want to walk the long way to period 4.

kk so in otherwords you just want marriage removed completely for everyone? Since the same scenario you described can just as easily happen with a male and a female, duh.

Edited by Azu

I wonder if bisexual people will try and have it so they can marry one of each.

Bisexuals are so greedy.

I hope you're not serious.

XGhozt, have you heard of a movie called " Chuck and Larry" ? If you haven't I suggest you watch it. I believe this movie could change your mind about gay marriage. Gay people should have all the rights straight people have. We've just moved pass segregation and now we are discriminating against sex. It's depressing to even think about this issue in our society. People just hate the idea of a man kissing, banging, or whatever terms you can round to. We are all human and should exibit empathy towards another person's choice, belief, etc.

I believe poply is right and XGhozt is wrong in this debate. Gays should be granted the privaledged of getting married.

Edited by Protoman

Yup, that was a great movie.

I wonder if bisexual people will try and have it so they can marry one of each.

Bisexuals are so greedy.

I hope you're not serious.

Haha no, I'm usually not.

Okay whatever, lol.. So glad I'm not in high school anymore, and/or living in San Fran. Seriously though, I just read that they're going to try and overturn the overturn in a few months.

Readmore:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZmLBrL...vB5hYwD90MTTT00

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...campaign_issue/

Like I said, I don't really care. I'm just saying, it's gross/weird/annoying.

i think that only applies depending on with candidate gets elected and even then it would still be left up to the states...

and i doubt cali will reverse it i mena comn san fran is the best fuckin place EVer!!

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Even as same-sex couples across California begin making plans to tie the knot, opponents are redoubling their efforts to make sure wedding bells never ring for gay couples in the nation's most populous state.

A conservative group said it would ask California's Supreme Court to postpone putting its decision legalizing gay marriage into effect until after the fall election. That's when voters will likely have a chance to weigh in on a proposed amendment to California's constitution that would bar same-sex couples from getting married.

If the court does not grant the request, gay marriages could begin in California in as little as 30 days, the time it typically takes for the justices' opinions to become final.

"We're obviously very disappointed in the decision," said Glen Lavy, senior counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, which is pushing for the stay. "The remedy is a constitutional amendment."

With a stroke of a pen Thursday, the Republican-dominated court swept away decades of tradition and said there was no legally justifiable reason why the state should withhold the institution of marriage because of a couple's sexual orientation.

from the old bastard himself =P

SAN FRANCISCO -- -- For a moment, right after the state Supreme Court legalized gay marriage, Mayor Gavin Newsom rejoiced privately. Then he phoned a onetime critic of his campaign for same-sex unions: his father.

Retired state appellate Judge William Newsom initially faulted the mayor's decision to allow same-sex marriages in the city in 2004. But he later admitted his son was right and that naysayers like him were confusing the secular with the religious.

source

What ever the bible says and the government does should have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

You obviously have a limited view of how the US Government works then.

Well how they work and my opinion probably are different things unfortunately (again my opinion). I know that on many occasions presidents have made choices due to religious influences but I think is that men in power that claim divine righteousness in there plan, are open for corruption. Using the people's religion to persuade them into something they wouldn't normally feel is right.... OK so now i'm rambling about nothing. I'm having dinner. Brb to read the verbal beating I get from all this :biggrin: Love ya

Yeah, the US Government was supposedly founded by the bible. They signed in with their hand on it, etc.. The 21st century has completely destroyed this, and I'm not saying I really care. But just to counter your statement; they actually have a lot in common, or at least.. at one point, they did. :P

The primary leaders of the so-called founding fathers of our nation were not Bible-believing Christians; they were deists. Deism was a philosophical belief that was widely accepted by the colonial intelligentsia at the time of the American Revolution. Its major tenets included belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems and belief in a supreme deity who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws. The supreme God of the Deists removed himself entirely from the universe after creating it. They believed that he assumed no control over it, exerted no influence on natural phenomena, and gave no supernatural revelation to man. A necessary consequence of these beliefs was a rejection of many doctrines central to the Christian religion. Deists did not believe in the virgin birth, divinity, or resurrection of Jesus, the efficacy of prayer, the miracles of the Bible, or even the divine inspiration of the Bible.

Christian Nation Myth

XGhozt, I know you said "Supposedly" So I'm not throwing that in your face and doing a victory dance. It's just an article I found and found it relevant to what you had to say.

Edited by Fc3sZero

I would think the quote along with the statement countered XGhozt's post. falc, I would suggest you do your victory dance.

Edited by Protoman