Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft WoW Private Server?

How does every one feel about a Ghoztcraft Private server? donno how the things work, but i think that it would be pretty cool. Also it would probly get more people into Ghoztcraft and im sure the server would be used, i dont think it would be like 5 people im sure wed have high numbers. Tell me what u think :)

I think that would be cool. I would play on it.

I'd mess around on it. although i want someone to teach me to fix bugged quests and other things. Tired of waiting for people to fix it.

Would we be able to have a decent server? Just wondering how lag would be or if there would be any downtime. What about the new expansion they have coming out?

i've talked to ghozt about this in the past and he said and i quote "it would be impossible for me to run a wow server" unquote.... so if you guys want you can run it off your computer but i don't think ghozt will run a wow private server.

I think it would cost a bundle of money to get someone to host it on something decent. if we ran it off our computers, I don't think it would run that well. Might as well find a good private server and all gather there. I'm already lvl 56 so i say burningwow =) I don't want to go through all that crap again.

u should ask XGhozt if we can have a private wow server

I could host it off of my computer but, I don't think that 3 gigs of ram and my AMD dual core processor is enough power for the traffic it would get. Not worried about my internet connection though because I am on a T3 cable line.

That would be cool I'd play on it but we'd need someone controlling the server. time consuming

ya i have no idea how to do that kind of thing, just thought it would be a good idea. XGhozt doesnt have to run it... maybe a retired staff member or something, i just figured it would help Ghoztcraft to have a server... if not Toxic WOW is very nice :D

dead man probly could administrate it

maybe..

I could administrate it. I have 3 private servers myself (And when i say private, i mean private). And i got lots of private server experience, that's why i chose to apply for WoW mod. I know all MaNGoS/Ascent commands, and know wich bugs to fix.

EDIT.: I know how to make customs too <_<

Edited by dekusvamp

ZOMG XGhozt needs to read this so we can get an apprval... !!

Fastest way to get a hold of him is through AIM.

lol i could host it.... 3 gigs of ddr2 and a quad core 2.4 ghz processor.. only issue is my internet connections aren't fast enough <_<

i dont know Ghozt's aim.... and ruler theres like 5000 people who says they can host we need one who says they will not can.

I think it would cost a bundle of money to get someone to host it on something decent. if we ran it off our computers, I don't think it would run that well. Might as well find a good private server and all gather there. I'm already lvl 56 so i say burningwow =) I don't want to go through all that crap again.

XGhozt has his own servers.

o rly :)

I don't think i can host it on any of mine. But i could still connect through mysql to the dat, and the server, and from there (and ingame) i can fix all the bugs needed to / spawn / it all.

well yes i know and as i said i would host it but i 1) don't have a stable enough connection right now (net company is having issues) and 2) i don't have the bandwidth available to host that kind of thing...

Now onto XGhozt he will not host the wow server on his server because it takes to much space ram and cpu which means slower load times for his sites and not to mention purge hosting buyers sites so thus i cannot blame ghozt for not wanting too host the wow server.

XGhozt's Msn: [email protected]

Aim: Xghozt00

Yahoo: [email protected]

does any one have 2 computers, and is only useing one? mebe the 2nd one can host the WoW Server?

I've done this prior, and this topic has been brought up before, we have the ability to, we have the technology to, but we already have 2 strikes against blizzard. Need we have a third? I myself although love running around the world of warcraft find it realy boring to play with only 30-100 people. Although being an admin and making chickens 200 times scale is fun :).

Im talking about, if there should be admins/gms, it shouldn't be "OMFG LOOK I CAN MAKE BIG CHICKY" people, but people who can spell, can sql, got atleast a years experience with WoW (at LEAST) and that know private servers, wich bugs to be fixed, and to obey orders.

Sorry guys.. The server is kind of maxed as is for that. Not to mention, IMHO WoW sucks ass and I don't like the game at all, so don't expect me to be playing in it. On top of that, I don't have time to manage it. And to top it all off, as MastricX said, we're pushing our legality as is, and it's not worth risking a WoW Server. Perhaps in the future (years from now).

On the other hand. If someone else would like to host the WoW server, then go for it. I'll post in the news and create a forum for it to help promote it. Other than that, you guys are on your own.

Ahem...

1) WoW Private servers are NOT illegal, unless we get money for it (like donations aso)

2) Someone COULD remote control the server.

3) You all forgot about me? :P lol